Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-13-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
Hey I saw you guys drive buy our camp on Tulloch on Sunday morning taking avantage of the butta conditions. By the way some nice riding for what we were able to see. I got a few pics from a distance I will post. Now about your NVS's, Holly things rock, I have never heard such quality sound and from such a distance and them things were frickin loud. Now I want em. So answer a few questions for me...

1. Weight of them?
2. How much flex does the tower now have?
3. Any issues with mounting?
4. What kind of power is needed to push them?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Thanks Gary! Maybe I should hang back some time and see how they sound from afar. They are a lot of fun and well worth the money so far.

I'd guess they weight about 40 pounds per unit.

Titan towers are steel, so I have no flex. I would talk to Duane or Todd at NVS to ask they about your tower. I haven't heard of any structural concerns when running the speakers, but I know that placement can be an issue on some towers. My boat/tower is extra wide and they barely fit.

No issues. NVS provided the billet aluminum mounts and they fit perfectly. I had to temporarily ditch my light system. Still trying to figure out a new mounting system for them. NVS said they would take care of the fabrication. I need to get on it.

You'll need to buy an amp that supplies them with a minimum of 500 watts per unit/side. I bought an inexpensive 1200 watt amp.

I'll email you Todd's number.

Thank you for the compliments. I have pictures to send you also.
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-13-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Post a pic J-Rod.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2005, 6:02 AM Reply   
Here ya go

JRODS NVS
Old    pate            04-14-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
That should help save all the other Delta riders some $$$. If they are within a half mile of you they shouldnt have to have a stereo ;)
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-14-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Thats what I was thinking. If I could just be on the water at the same time as J-rod, I can leave my stereo turned off. Very impressive set up. I have visited there site before and as soon as I can justify the change I think after hearing your setup first hand that it is a move I want to make. J-rod if you don't mind, at spring ride I would like to take a closer look. 6X9's will never be the same.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
Gary. Come take a ride if you want so you can hear them in action.

Also, NVS is bringing up one of their boats to the spring ride. So the experts will be available for questions. I bet they'll have their systems dialed in better than mine anyway.
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-14-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I purchased a pair of the entity 1010s in December for my X9 and can't say enough good things about them. In an effort to answer your mounting question Gary, I did have a little problem tightening the clamps on my tower (zero flex). When I mentioned this to Duane at NVS, he was a little disappointed that the correct clamps were not sent. He could not have been more helpful, as he was planning on overnighting me new clamps free of charge. Fortunately, I was able to slide some sheet metal between the clamps and my tower...worked like a charm! Personally, unless you have the luxury of riding at the same time as J-Rod (or someone else pushing NVS), I'd consider making this very worth while investment.

Peace be the journey.
Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-14-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Whats their website address?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
www.nvs1.net
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
They're loud, even behind the boat. I don't mean you can hear them, I mean they are loud...
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       04-14-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
J-Rod! Those look sic! If I make it up to D.P., we'll have to give some new 'swa tunes a test run!

How much weight do you run in that thing...Definitely a nice set-up!!!!

Dan
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-14-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
yeah that is no joke....J-rod that system seriously sounded good. He was across the lake and the system was crystal clear from our balcony at the Lake Tulloch Resort. Oh by the way, if any of you go to the lake tulloch resort do not leave a inflatable in the pool over night. You'll wake up the next day to an inflatable that looks like swiss cheese.....damn local cowboys!
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-14-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
J-Rod, Are yours the 808's or the 1010's?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Piranha. I got the 1010s.

Thanks Issac. Sucks about the Cabana. That red-neck was probably just testing his new Buck knife.

Dan: I was testing the speakers the first day out with your CD. Your tunes were poundin'
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-14-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
J-rod, are those my bindings? They have really ran through the WW gauntlet.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
yep...that was the one day I attempted to ride them.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
Those binding will never die will they.... Sweet set up J-Rod, I was hoping to hear them myself at WSSR.

Chad
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
J-Rod ~ How do you like those D-Ups?

I already know you like your tower speakers!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
The NVS are just sick, love hearing every word behind the boat clearly. After a rider took a ride, he said the addictions were louder riding than his stereo in the boat.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
Ed, after I bought them from you, I sold them to toolfan 4 days later!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Didn't like them?Did they finally get the home they deserve?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
they were a little to loose on me. All good though. It all worked out.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-17-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
J-rod could you post some other pics of your tower/tower setup? I had that one you posted as desktop for a week.
Thanks a lot.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Luciano, do you mean this one? These are all I have.