Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    wakeboardjo            09-03-2003, 4:42 AM Reply   
OK, I know this has probably been talked abot before, but I couldn't find the old threads. Basically I've heard the DNA cores are weaker than biolite, and was wondering if anybody has ever had problem with a DNA board?
Old    mike_rennie            09-03-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
And why is the DNA Core so much more expensive??? Is it worth the extra $200 dollars or whatever it is???
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-03-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
All boards break! DNA is more expensive because it's lighter and, in theory of course, gives more pop. I'm sure it costs a tad more to make 'em also. Go ahead and ask me if I think it's worth it.

I guess it's worth it if you just have the cash, or you really really like the DNA graphic that much more.
Old    stealthmode            09-03-2003, 2:38 PM Reply   
dna core costs more because it is more expensive to make. basically it has to be CNC machined to the specs, rather than just molding the foam.

i could tell the difference between the two, but, IN MY OPINION, it wont make you land something that you wouldnt normally land on a foam board. The only major difference i noticed was that the DNA is much more bouyant and much more expensive.

the theory behind the balsa cores is that it is lighter and it flexes more. thus increasing pop.... you decide
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
I could argue either way. I used to never think they were worth it until I just bought one. I was looking for a 2003 Premier and Grizzly sports had a blem DNA for $300! The blem biolite board was $280, so I said why not. I have always been a fan of the Premier, my cousin has the 2002 Biolite, but there is definitely a noticable difference between a biolite core and a DNA core. I don't know what they were made of a few years back, but they are made out of balsa wood now. Everything about that board is more responsive. It does feel a little looser, but after having ridden it a half a dozen times now, I absolutely love the board.

In my case the difference was only $20 for a blem board, which by the way is the only way I would recommend buying a board, I can't even tell where the blem is without searching hard for it. But I am a firm believer that the DNA core boards (at least by Hyperlite) are definitely a step up.

Jb
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-03-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
it feels looser? your mind is playing a trick on you my friend.

I think you guys are off your rockers, but maybe I just don't pay THAT MUCH attention.