Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dimer10)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-19-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
All, I am still in the market and in strong talks with a local dealer on a 2008 Enzo SV230 300 Hours. What is your thoughts on this boat? Cost? Surf Wake and Wakeboard Wake? Family Boa?. Has all standard options, silent choice exhaust, side swip exhaust. Standard ballast system and standard stereo system. The dealer has other options as well, 2008 F23 Tomcat, little more expensive. Bring on the help you all, I am heading out to the dealer on Tuesday next week.
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-19-2011, 11:05 PM Reply   
Need some more info. What are the prices you are in negotiation for on each boat? Have you been in both boats, and do you have a preference at this point for either one? Which engine is in the Tomcat? What level of riders do you commonly have on board? You mentioned the options on the Enzo, but really didn't talk about the options on the MB. Either one would be a great choice. Have any pictures of the two boats? In the end, my guess is you will want to choose the one that draws you closest. Oh yeah, how many hours on the Tomcat?

Some advantages to both boats, so this becomes a really challenging decision, but if it was my decision, I would choose the Tomcat.

Disclaimer: I owned an '08 MB B52 23V, and now own a '12 copy of the same boat, and have been in, and behind, the Enzo. Enjoy the process!

Last edited by ProvoMB52; 11-19-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-19-2011, 11:41 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of pics first of the '08, then our new '12 B52 23

Old     (Dimer10)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-20-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
Nice looking boats. Wish it was in my price range.
Old     (Dimer10)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-20-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Come on you all. I am leaning towards the ENZO what is your thoughts on this Boat?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
I just traded in my 09 enzo for an new enzo 244. over the last 4 yrs. the fit and finish on centurion have improved. I had bu's before i went to centurion. It really depends on what you want to do, the type of water you are in. I like the ride of the deep v. the surf wave is killer, the 23 has a great wake, a little wide, but long and rampy. Its easy to set up, no bags on the seats. has lots of room. They are not as agile as some, but i am in no hurry anyways. i have never seen an mb on the east coast, I think you will be happy with either boats. i think you need to decide whats most important. how much are they asking for the enzo
Old     (Dimer10)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-20-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
42K? What do you think?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-20-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
most 08's are in the upper 40's to lower 50's asking price. If it is clean, 42k is a good price. Put 2 enzo sac's in the back and you are good to go. check out centurioncrew.com there are others there as well. U will love the boat. What motor is in it
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Mb guys chime in here to correct me if im wrong.... but stay away from the 08 f23. I believe that may be the year with the hull problems. I think it was an 08 we were going to ride in a comp but the waje was a mess. One side steep and crumbling the other rampy. We ended up dropping in a riders personal boat to pull us. I thot it was just a ballast issue until a couple years later i was told of hull problems in that boat... i could be miss informed, but i did ride that wake that day and it was way off
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-20-2011, 10:41 PM Reply   
Not sure what Johnny is talking about. As you can see from the post above, we had an '08 23V, and while we did have to put some weight in the nose to dial in the surf wake, once we did that, the ride was incredible.

Johnny, you said you thought it was an '08, but it sounds like you are unsure. It would be more constructive to give solid data if you're going to provide critical information.

All these boats will need some dialing in, depending on conditions, and even between drivers, and their experience level with the boat.

The MB hull creates such a great riding wave, we upgraded to the new '12 model.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-21-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
You're right that it would be more constructive if I had more solid facts, but I dont. I was just giving him a heads up of what I have experienced and heard in 2008 about the F23. It may have been an 07??? The multiple pro's and experienced riders and dealer on the boat that morning trying to fix the wake just could not get it. Not sure what the cause was but it was bad enough to pull the boat from the comp. Maybe it was a mechanical error, and maybe the rumors of the earlier f23 hulls are just that, rumors. I don't know, nor do I care, but if I was in the market for an 08 f23, I would want as much information as possible so that I could sift through it all and make and informed choice.

side note: I have only seen the wakes from the newer F23s, but they look great.
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-21-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Agreed that everyone would be well served by some good solid research, rather than getting caught up in a stream of rumors.

Fair enough that you aren't sure on what year it was. Too bad things went so poorly on that day. Could have been any number of issues, but I still would doubt it was the boat itself.

Dimer, I know you said you thought the MB might be out of your price range, but the $42K you mentioned would be well within the price range of so many great, used MB boats. That said you did indicate you were leaning toward the Enzo. If that's your drive, then I hope you are able to make the best deal you can.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-21-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
I got to spend quite a bit of time behind an 08 F23, and I don't think i could say anything negative about the wake. It's huge and clean with factory ballast. The boat also has a ton of interior space, as well as storage. The lines of the boat are a bit of an acquired taste. They look a lot better on the water than they do on the trailer.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-21-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-22-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
i am sure you will be happy with either boat. It really depends on what you want. i have a great relationship with my dealer. they have bu's as well as others. I do alot of surfing and by noon, the lake is blown out, So i look at whats going to give me the most pleasure and time. We wakeboard some, but usually its early in the morning and late in the evening. we have a large group and surfing has become a lot of fun, i always think about how much time we actually use the boat and there is no doubt, that we would be sitting from noon till 5 if we were not surfing. I had 2 bu's before the enzo, loved them both, but we had bags nall over the place, it made it miserable, i am sure you can get a good surf wake out of the mb, they have a pretty deep v. I would drive them both and go from there. Now if surfing becomes your thing, its hard to get a better wave than an enzo. good luck
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
The OP ended up buying an 02 Malibu XTI.