Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Umatilla_Matt)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
I'm looking to get a new wakeboard and some new bindings. I've never picked out my own board before so I need some direction.

I'm an intermediate rider. To give you an idea I can do lot of surface tricks and jump wake to wake heelside and toeside with a couple grabs.

I'm currently riding a Liquid Force Stance 138 with open toe bindings that came with the board. The whole setup was given to me so it's what I learned on.

I'm looking for a larger board (at least 142) with a continuous rocker or a mellow 3 stage. Also, I want to get closed toe bindings. I ride the LF Stance without any external fins, so I'm used to the board being pretty loose/greasy. The Stance just has some molded fins on the bottom.

I need a board I can progress on. I don't wanna buy another for a couple years. Any recommendations???
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2010, 11:53 PM Reply   
if you want to stay with liquid force. then you might try the Lyman. if you don't care about the brand, ... well your gona have a nice list of boards that ought to work well. 1-3 for every company at least.

if at all possible, demo
Old    LiquidForceWake            08-11-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
The Liquid Force trip is always a great board for progressing riders, but also take a look at the axis and the lyman. The axis is great if your looking for the loose feel, but still want some fast aggressive edging. The lyman is a great strong and fast board that also give a lot of pop if you want to start trying some more grabs and spins! good luck with the search!
Old     (Umatilla_Matt)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-11-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
I actually went with the CWB Faction board and bindings package. It was a good price and I really like the setup.
Old    Chaserwaser            08-11-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Matt I would def look into the Ronix Bill I just purchaed it about 2 months ago its AWESOME tracks really well and is pretty fast and is a continuous rocker with a very nice lip that boooots you pretty good def something to look into not to mention in a couple weeks that package will drop down in price alot with the frank bindings
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-11-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
demo one liquid force,cwb,hyperlite and others all have good boards to demo.
Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-12-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Matt I don't know where you are at in this process, but I have a few ideas that are a little out of the box. I rode hyperlite boards for the better part of 7 years. Threw in a few liquid force riders here and there. Haven't ever tried Ronix or CWB though i know they are popular especially with those that are on here (not that I can blame them for liking them...everyone has nothing but praise for them). I would throw out that you check out Wakeology. New grassroots company. They have a better cable team than boat team, but those that ride the boards are loving it. My experience has been that if they have a rider in your area they will even hook up you with them to see the board and hear first hand from their riders what they like about the board and why they like it more than what they were on before. That being said I know they (many of the riders) are in Texas filming right now, but where do you live? Maybe you have one right there in your backyard. Shoot me a message and I will see if I can get you directly in contact with those guys. That is if you are interested. I know they were sporting a 2 board deal for $400 at one point. If you are not interested in that or that kind of board company I would say that you should demo as many boards as you can and then start looking for the best deal via here, craigslist, or e-bay. Good luck!
Old     (Umatilla_Matt)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-12-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of the sudden suggestions, but as I said above, I went with the CWB Faction combo.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-12-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Dude, you have to try the CWB Vibe. I guarantee you won't even consider buying another board.