Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
I installed my FAE and tried it out yesterday and it was awesome. It was nice and quiet in the boat. I noticed that when idling exhaust bubbles still came up between the transome and platform. Is that normal? I expected them to come out the back side of the platform.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-19-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
Unless the downspout sticks out past the back of your swim platform the bubbles will still float straight up.

Since you want the bubbles to be past your rider when you are driving, it is better to have the FAE as deep into the water as possible, as opposed to having if as far behind the transom of the boat as possible.

My FAE is installed, but not tested yet!! How much quieter would you estimate the boat is? Have you tried to start it when it's already on yet? :-)
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
John-
Considering getting an FAE for our boat also, any do's/dont's/advice is greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, did you install it yourself or did you have your a dealer do it? If you did it, difficult install?

Thanks
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-19-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Install it yourself. Its super easy to do if you have minimal mechanical skills. The guys at FAE are very helpful. and ITS AWESOME, I will never own a boat without it!!! And they didn't pay me to say that.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
thanks plhorn
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
ICE-a, I am not a craftsman, so some the holes I had to drill in the brackets were not perfect but it was easy to do and once the platform is installed no one sees it anyway. Give yourself three or four hours of time to do it and it is not a big deal.

WakeMikey, for me it is just like the video on the FAE website. Before the fae you could really hear the engine note and now it just purrs!
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-19-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
thanks John!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-19-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
We also found the install quite easy. Larry went out of his way to make sure it all went smooth for us, and even followed up more than once to ask how it was goin.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
I love the FAE so far my only misgiving with it has been that I had to make adjustments to mine and a friends as well when we installed them. I feel that if it's going to be for a specific boat it should bolt right on.