Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
my dad just got into photography and took pictures of me all last summer. he has gotten pretty good at it and has 1000's of dollars of professional equiptment. so the pictures look pretty good.
hes a pilot and was flying with one of his friends the other day that is a professional photographer on the side.. he looked at some of the pictures my dad took and told him he should try to send those into a magazine.. after that one other person told him the same thing. just wondering what are the chances out of all the people in this world that i could get my picture into a magazine?

is there anywhere else you could think of that i could send to that may want the picture like a website or something?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
Submit them to the Red Bull Wake Illume photo competition that Wakeboarding magazine is running right now. You can check out all the details over at http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/article.jsp?ID=49951
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-16-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
thanks!

anyone else
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-16-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
I think Scott's suggestion is your best bet. There is a lot of criteria besides having technically sound photography the editors look at before the mags will run them. I've never submitted anything but I know plenty who have (and still do). Submitting via a contest will at least get you a legit. look.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-16-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
WBM and Alliance used to have submission e-mail addresses on their website. I couldn't locate these on their websites. Both have contact e-mails posted.. can't hurt to ask.

Let's see some shots posted here! :-)

-S
Old    kc700            04-16-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
doesnt spencer smith fly planes....hes an up and coming photog and a pilot as well...