Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-07-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
I’m looking at buying the Jet Pilot A-10 Attack vest. Does anyone have any thoughts on the cost versus the jacket itself? Is it really a $125-$150 jacket, or is the side entry feature a bit over priced? If you know of another jacket that you think is more comfortable, or all around better, let me know. Thanks for the input.

-Blake
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
mine rubs a little under my arms. i wish the arm holes were alittle bigger.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
It floats you about like a t-shirt!!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Go for the Stance or Cell Block... both USCGA approved, super comfy, side entry, JP quality.

Check em out at Wakeside.com.
Old    doug4powpow            07-07-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
first off it runs small, so get a bigger size. second thing... be prepared to tread water and if you get knocked out, you will drown.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Yeh mine floats for crap, it really sucks if you slap the sac cuz you wanna support the boys but then you sink. Seriously the little velcro under the right arm totally scratches me. It's really starting to piss me off. I actually have little tiny cuts from my Monday set. It's super comfy but this scratch thing really blows.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
i prefer the uscg approved JP Stance.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-07-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I think that's enough negativity to 86 the idea of buying the A-10, thanks. Are there other manufacturers that are putting together good quality jackets, that aren't bulky? My big concern is the bulkiness of the USCGA jackets... Do they not restrict any of your arm movements? I use to ride with the old hyperlite jacket, which wasn't USCGA, and I loved the fact that is was slim, and very comfortable... I'm actually trying to find something along those lines, any thoughts?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
I'd try the new O'neill non-CGA vest. The rear entry one(huhuh, I said rear entry). I've got some friends who have had nothing but good things to say on it. i wonder what I could get for my A-10?
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
I love my new A-10. My friend also has one and loves it. It dosen't float like a USCG jacket, but I don't care for the bulkiness of the USCG jackets. Some people who have tried my vest say it rubs their underarm where it zips, but again I have no probs with it. It would definitely be best if you tried out someone elses vest before you bought one (if possible)
Old     (4hun)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
I have one and like it. It doesnt float me well, but that is expected non approved. I just wish I would have gotten black. My silver looks pretty dingy and I bought it new this summer.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Stephen - I sent you mail.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-08-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thane - I sent you one back.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-08-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I sent YOU one back.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
O'Neil outlaw vests are super comfy....Not bulky at all and float you decently. They are a no gimmick front entry, but I still think they look sick and work great. Check they out if you are still looking for a vest. Incidently, I think the A-10 is a sick jacket, but it doesn't float worth a cr@p.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-12-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
I bought the A-10 last Friday and rode with it all weekend. I'm really happy with it. Really comfy, floats just like I expected a non-coast guard approved vest would. Floatation is very similar to my O'neill Vapor. Velcro or zipper doesn't scratch, takes impacts pretty good, and stays down where you want, not like the vapor. That was my only complaint about the vapor. I'm 5'9" 140 and I was wearing an extra small vapor, and I bought the xs/s a-10 and it fits great.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-12-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
I checked out the Outlaw jacket this weekend, and you were right... It's very comfortable. I think I'll be buying it instead of the A-10. I tried one on this weekend as well, and I could definitely feel the velcro strap rubbing under my arm as I moved them around. That sucks, cause the A-10 looks really good, but I'm not about to buy something that annoying, just cause it looks good. For all you guys who have the A-10, try on the O'neill Outlaw... You'll be amazed at how nice it is.

-Blake