Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-28-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Its right by Ft. Worth.. i know the new cable is goin up.. but i gotta have a boat pull too.. any help??
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-28-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
Check out dallaswakeboarding.com, but many of those riders are on WW too! Great scene in the area with lots of lake/river options.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-28-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
Dont sweat it RyanP, you'll be in a little bit-o-heaven. You've got the Brazos river, Granbury, Benbrook, Eagle mountain, Lake Worth and that's all within like 15-30 minutes. Then you can play over in dallas at hubbard, lewisville and more all within an hour or so drive.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-28-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
www.txmcwakepark.com is in East Fort Worth.
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       01-28-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
Alvarado actually has its own little lake. If you get out during the week you wont see many boats. But as mentioned above the brazos river is the place to be. It is the only spot i ride in thte metroplex. Does not matter what the conditions are you will always find some glass.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-29-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
Ryan, I live in Granbury. Not far from Alverado. We ride every chance we get and always looking for more riders. Plus you will have access to the top secret spots.....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-29-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Well, what are you waiting for?

For Wake what more could you ask for:

River riding
Lakes
Cable Park.
When you get down here, call me at the shop, we will have our Epic's on the lake and at the river, so pulls wont be a problem.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-30-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
AWEEESSSSOOMMMEEEE!!! i dont have my own boat but im more than a better 3rd. the job has me gone often but wen im off i like to ride as much as possible. ill keep everyone posted.. appreciate it guys!!
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-31-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
I might be moving there as well.
Old     (fijidaniel)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-03-2010, 6:11 AM Reply   
Finding a pull shouldn't be a problem on that side of town! DWB is a little slow in the winter time, but will soon have a lot more posts for thirds. Welcome to the are.
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-03-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
I would take a job scooping poop if it brought me close to the Brazos River!
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-03-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
yea.. thanks again guys. im on dallaswakeboarding.com now under waketx05.. ill be posting!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-03-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
You'll be fine... There are plenty of boats/riders in the area... Good people too.

If you don't have any luck, or I miss your posts, give me a shout... We'll take my boat if it's not repossessed by then.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-04-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
lol.. thanks blake.. good luck with that.. they tried to take my truck about a month ago.. which is y i wanna go up there.. more work
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2010, 1:38 AM Reply   
Blake, you can always hide it at my house. We'll tell security there is a someone posing as repo men trying to steal boats. They will never get in to get it. Or we could just swap reg numbers, haha.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-05-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
Ryan,
What type of work is bringing you to the D/FW area?

Bret,
That's a great idea... I'm not sure a repo-guy could breach your community security team! Lol
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2010, 10:13 PM Reply   
Not with that old man at the gate....hahaha That guy puts you on trial when you come through.

Ryan, you coming for the Gas Business?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hahahah Sounds like the guy at our front gate at Pecan Plantation.

My brother in laws brother came to visit, he is an FBI agent and when he pulled up to the gate he showed the guard is FBI Id and the guard said to him, I don't care if your the POTUS you are not getting in here without your brother calling the front gate to call you in. Hahahahaha
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-06-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Jeff, you live in Pecan too?
Yeah that's him. He works the back gate a lot now. He is a pain in the a$$, the ironic thing is we pay him to be that way.....lol Oh well. Half the time he doesn't let people in even when I do call them in.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
Yes Bret, I live on Ravenswood road I have a house on the river.

Yes he can be a pain in the ass, but I am glad they are tuff on getting in.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-07-2010, 12:35 AM Reply   
I couldn't remember his name last night, but Web is his name. hahah. I live off Concord ct. across from sandy beach.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-08-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
bret. yea.. gas testing. i got a buddy workin up there now.. and im waitin on my phone call for wen i start
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-08-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Nice, which company? My family has been in the business my whole life.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Precision Gas Well Testing. I used to work for Wood Groups branch here in El Campo. But when they shut down I got outta it. Now since being a carpenter during a recession isnt really cutting it. Im trying to get back in.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-09-2010, 7:14 PM Reply   
Ryan - not to hijack, but where is the spot to ride close to El Campo? We're in Sugar Land and normally hit the SBR every weekend, but would be nice to hit another spot occasionally. Just curious if you don't mind sharing!
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
There is nothing exactly by el campo. we ride the francitas river alot. but u either have to know someone with a ramp on it.. or be able to run up from the bay in 3 ft of water. Also the Tres Palacios river. it has public ramps but its narrow. both are brackage water and neither are very nice. we mostly ride behind a buddies boat that has trim tabs so he can run in shallow water. then once we get to where the river widens up. we fill up sacks. IDK if its worth your trip. but we are the only ppl on either one of them on a saturday or sunday.