Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-11-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
from the riders that have ridden both.
which one is better?
every aspect of the board from pop to speed to spin ect.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
I've rode both, I liked the premier better as far as pop goes. The substance felt lighter and easier to spin, but the premier felt far more aggressive and responsive to air tricks. It comes down to personal preference though, ride em both and decide for yourself.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-12-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have also ridden both boards a lot. I personally like the substance better because the premier is really SLOW. Both boards have great pop, and they are both fun rides. The substance tracks a little bit better when on edge, but it also lands a lot harder than the premier. They are both great boards, but when it comes down to it you can't beat a pair of liquid force watsons on a LF substance.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
Haven't been on the 08 Premier which is supposed to be lighter, but I have been on both 07s and older versions of both. The 07 Premier was a lot heavier, but Hyperlite is supposed to have made the 08 lighter, not exactly sure if they've changed the shape at all, I think they just made gave it a thinner profile to cut some weight.

IMO pop and speed on both boards are very similar, Premier may be a tad faster. I went with the Premier, b/c I like the way it tracks finless. The main differences are the weight and tracking. The Substance, IMO is a little too loose to ride finless, but not overly grippy with a center fin in. The Premier, IMO is too grippy with a center fin, but perfect finless. Either way, both are great boards, but you should demo if at all possible.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I disagree, the premier is way SLOOWWW. I also think that the premier rides a bit looser than the substance w/out a center fin.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-13-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Older Premier shapes up to & including 05 were slow. The 06-07 shape isn't slow. I ride a 141 and it's definitely faster than the 138 Substance I've spent a lot of time on. A 142 Substance may be faster, I wouldn't know. The Premier is not a slow board though.

And just look at the bottom of both boards, the molded fins on the Premier are more than twice as long as the ones on the Substance. Both great boards though, can't go wrong either way.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-13-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
My bad sp0tts. I have only ridden the 05 premier.