Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (bossman1)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-02-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
I need help PLEASE!!! I can't decide between the Hyperlite State 134 and the Liquid Force Trip 134. They both seem like good boards but I need some feedback before i make a big investmant. If you have any other good boards for the 134-136 range PLEASE let me know. Thanks
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-02-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
In order for anyone to give you an accurate opinion, please let us know how and what you do riding, any preferences on what a board does, etc...
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-02-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
cwb absolue or cwb marius
Old     (fontain06)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-03-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
ive ridden both, and i like the trip more. it tracked a little better with the center fin in and just all around felt a little better. im a wakeskater though, if that makes any difference.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-03-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
i ride the 07 state 140......LOVE IT.
Old     (flatcher)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-03-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
I've rode both as well. I currently ride a Ronix Covin 138. I went from the Hyperlite Motive to Liquid Force Fish to the Covin. But I own the Trip and demo'd the State. The state with it's fin set-up is designed to be either goofy or regular but not both. For that reason I'd chose the Trip. I think the Trip allows for more head room to grow with the sport with "training wheels" that can't be removed (i.e. the State fins). BINDINGS, BINDINGS, BINDINGS, get the most comfortable ones you can afford! I went to closed toe last year and love it!!! But that limits your board to just you (unless you do some R&R with another set of bindings). I had Transit bindings before and do recommend them for open toe.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-04-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I hate to point out a miss comment but the state is meant to be rode regular or goofy, it makes no diff. at all. The toeside fins are slightly longer for increased bite on the toe edge where most people who are just starting out will have some problems. I also have to point out that the two boards that are mentioned are going to ride quite differently due to the rocker pattern. The state is a mild 3 stage rocker board and will be a little slower to get on edge and will have more of a bucking type pop. The trip is a continuous rocker board and will be a little faster and have more of an in the flats type pop (more out than up). The trip should also land a little smoother than the state. Both boards are very user friendly and neither board will hinder progression in any way unless the board doesn't suit your style. If you can I will be another one to say that to demo the boards will be your best bet if possible. That way you can find out if you are a 3stage or continuous kind of person then you will be able to go through the brands and find what you like best. I will put up a vote for the ronix vault or the CWB pure as being great boards to get you going too.

Another thing I thought I would throw out there is that if you can't demo and have the ability to purchase in a shop then go to your local shop and check out the bindings that come on these boards and try them on if you can. I will be another one to say that a comfortable pair of boots is wayyyyyy better than a nice board.
Old     (tommysurfs)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-07-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Robert gave you some killer advice. I feel the same. We give all our customers the performance guarantee so they can switch boards after riding them for a month. Time on the water is the only way to tell. We have both in stock and a lot of times demos or closeouts you can buy. Good luck and lots of great post here. I love WakeWorld!!!!

Tommy Phillips
www.gettommys.com
1-800-592-7547
Old     (bossman1)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-07-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
im the one who posted this comment, sorry my internet has been down. Thanks for the advice. back to the second comment i can do a 180 in the air and thats about it. i am learning quickly so thats my position on what i can do. i am 5' 3, 127 pounds. so based on that i dont know really. i want a board that will let me easily clear the wake and a board that pops up high. if you think there is a better board for what i am looking for please tell me.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-08-2008, 5:01 AM Reply   
The trip for sure. Its lighter,snappier,and has more pop with less drag. Not even a contest between the state.