Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-29-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
I have been working on TS frontrolls with luck luck. I have landed a couple but have a major problem with butt checking.

I am very comfortable with landing a ts jump and landing switch. Would you guys suggest maybe starting to go for crows, maybe i would have better luck or keep working on frontrolls.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-29-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Progression wise it might be smart to get the frontroll consistent. IMO do what is fun for you. I was in the same boat as you and switched to the crow. It wasn't long before I got the crow consistent and I've had a lot of fun throwing them. It's really just what is important to you, but I think you'll find the crow much easier. Try a few and see what you think.
Old     (koppg)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-31-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
personally, id try it on a tramp, and if you can a couple times in a row, go for it out on the boat when your good and warmed up. Great trick to spot your landing early. i know people who landed this one first try.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-31-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
(sorry for my english)
I Landed my first crows this week after 4 tries. It's easy compare to other tricks I tried! Once you got the crow or the front, your are suppose to stick the other because is the same start (toe side trip flip). The only difference on the front is you let your back hand go after the trip! I did the front after 5 tries yesterday and it felt good because it's very close to the crow! Two new tricks in two days.... felt good!!!
For the butt landing part, just try to be more patient to trip at the really top of the wake, be tall and don't throw yourself to much to the front. Waketrix.com for visual!!!
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-01-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
The Crow is definately easier. Start hucking those and if really have a desire to to front rolls try them later. Always better to have a new trick than stay stuck on an old one.
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-05-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
I landed two back to back front rolls last night.

I think i was throwing it way early, and was causing me to not get all the way around. Thanks for the help guys!!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-05-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
CONGRATS! There's no greater feeling than landing new tricks.