Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
I have an 05 VLX on order and was wondering if anyone had added additional ballast to the rear MLS. I would like to keep the MLS tanks in the boat and Y off the supply line to fill a 350# fat sack that would be installed right beside the MLS. I will also install shut off valves on Y adapter so that I can either just fill the hard tank or the sack or both. Has anyone done this and if so, do you have any problems getting both tanks full? Please let me know.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-14-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
man i dont know my friends got the 03 VLX with the mls and all that, and with all of it full the wake is pure awesome, no white wash, real rampy, clean, easy to clear, im riding 75ft behind his boat and going wake to wake like im riding 60ft behind other boats.

i'd check your wake out first.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-14-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
The rear ballast in the 05 VLX is not in the storage compartment, it's under the floor. I think you are going to have to rethink your idea.
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
So the rear ballast are in a different location from the 04 LSV? I did not know that. Surely you can still get to the rear ballast so you could plumb it the same way? Any idea of the dimensions above the rear ballast?
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, Phil, I am not really installing the ballast for wakeboarding. I want to use the stock system wakeboarding, this will be for wake surfing.
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-14-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
The new ballast on the 05 is under the floor instead of on the side. To my knowledge its the same weight as last year it just doesn't take up room in the back compartment like the 03 and 04, which i wish it wa slike that on mine.