Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
My 2007 Supra 22SSV Limited is getting prepped. But when I was working at the 10 day boat show my loving wife and daughter-in-law went camper shopping. They both came in at the same time. It makes going to the bank easier when you sign for 2 notes. They even called me Mr. Walker

22SSV Limited I added rear entry steps which I realy like because of so many people getting in and out of my boat. Also got the 340 ETX CAT for the extra power, bigger alternator and am really stoked about buring the CO for a cleaner world. Swapping out the bags to match for the 1150 front and 600's rear. Also upsized the wheels but Ill post later.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

2007 Jayco 27.5 BHS sleeps 9 and works as a great office for all the NWL Events. I got to still drop it off to get the hitch welded on the back to pull the wakeboard train. I figure Im gonna be about 70 feet which I dont think is legal even in the state of KY but Ive seen longer rigs go down the road. If anyone knows about the 5th Airborne Sidewinder Im thinkinng its a pretty good idea here. Well I did my part, stimulating the American Economy
Upload
Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-08-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
WOW.....on both.....!!!
Old     (ramwasuprassv)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-08-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Looks awesome Chris! It is nice to be called Mr., too bad you had to promise most of your internal organs to get it! Ha Ha.
Looking forward to an awesome summer.
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-08-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
I have a similar setup with a mega cab dodge, 29' 5er and a 21.5' malibu. I am about 73' but the dot said as long as i'm recreational it shouldnt be a problem.
Old    mendo247            04-08-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
nice setup! post some exterior pics of the ssv when you get a chance!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
chris.... sweet and congrats man... must feel like christmas over there.... my 22 just came in last week too. i will have some pics to share with you once it is all set up.
Congrats man and lets see some more pics...
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-08-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
are you planning on pulling the boat behind the camper?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
Bob - Yes Im gonna pull boat behing camper

Daniel - Did the DOT stop you or were you asking and Hope to see you at Rough River Rumble

Jon - it is going to be an awsome summer
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Welcome to the world of true double ups. You are going to love how ti tows and tracks so stright.Upload
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Go with the Pull rite super glide.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I realize you guys are using diesel's, but how do they do pulling all that weight up hills? I also know that it isn't just the weight, but the aerodynamics, and those trailers are about as aerodynamic as a house. (Oh wait, they are one )

My question is: With all that "train," is it similar to someone pulling a boat, with a little Ford Ranger, or is the Diesel powerful enough, to handle everything?
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Its all in the HP an TQ #, add edge w/ att and its hard to keep it under 70 mph
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
This set up is is going to be at about 11,500 to 13,500 depending on how much gear I take but my old set up was about 3,000 lbs less and had no problem doing 70 or 80. I know it was stupid but I took it to 90 once.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-09-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Chris -

You need to go drop some more cash to get that trailer painted to match the boat and truck.

That beautiful boat should be great out on the water, post photos when the whole rig is set!
Old     (kbrowning)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-09-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Chris, maybe Scott will be able to convince you to take both down to Patoka this fall when it is freezing! Congrats, nice looking rigs.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Flack - my wife gave me pretty dirty look when I said I was going to wrap it like the supra!

Kyle - Im up for that Patoka's got a great campgound. That is a long way to drive there & back in one day. Your invited if you bring the Stakes
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-09-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey Chris!
that's an awesome Supra...we still haven't gotten the LSV out. this is Jeff by the way ...we left for spring break and never got any of that 70 degree weather...by the time we got back it was down in the 30s again
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Jeff - Im feeling your pain Its real hard to get excited about riding when its snowing.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
How are you looking on your GCWR? My guess is over
Old     (twowakes)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-09-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Hey Chris
I just asked a local dot before i bought my setup to make sure i wouldnt get busted.I also talked to a state trooper today i am doing a job for and he said the same thing.
Yea we will be going to rough alot this year, look for the black bu with MAke-A-Wake on the side.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
chris
in your first pic there is a black board in the floor what is that for, i have one in my new supra to
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Not sure but isn't Texas the only state where it's legal to tow a boat behind a trailer? I don't even remember where I heard that so I'm probably wrong.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-09-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Dan, no. As long as the first trailer is a 5th wheel.

Then length comes into play. You are only allowed a certain total length from the front of the truck, to the back of the boat.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Supra - That black board holds the tower when broken down and lowered to gunnel level so that it does not touch the interior.

Dan - Indiana is 65 feet

Shane - GCWR? I always forget what that means but my truck is rated to pull 12,500 and Ill be right there. My trailer can handle 1800lbs cargo
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
Oh I c! Cool, I would hate to get stuck in a residential neighborhood with it tho, or is it not a big deal? Wouldn't a motor home just be easier? I'm wondering if there is a reason you decided to go that route...either way it looks pretty sweet!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
Dan thats a simple to answer.

I drive my pickup every day. When I dont go camping I hook up the boat and ride

When I go camping I drop the trailer and hook up the boat and ride. If I went camping with a motor home you have to undo your campsite just to launch the boat or get gas or go to the store or get Ice ect

IF the wife needs to go to Walmart which is what wifes do ( sorry girls but it must be a genetic thing) she has a truck to drive and we dont have to undo camp.

$25K vs $100K is a hell of alot of money
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-10-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
makes sense, post some pics when you have it all hooked up together