Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2007, 5:52 AM Reply   
I am trying to decide on what boot to get for my Frontier board. I know the scout is advertised to be the mate to the Frontier. But I am just not digging it. I am thinking the Cell boot. Looks cool, sounds like it has a lot of support. But then I saw an ad with Adam Errington with the One boots on the Frontier. I can see that would work too. Shoot....I am not sure if I am going to like open toe verses Closed. I see liquid Force has both for their pro models now. Like Shane's Boots now come in opentoe too. Did riders that tried closed toe last year, not like them? So they reintroduced an opentoe model as well. Any feedback will help...Thanks
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-21-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
Have you tried on the One boots and the Cell boots? Try them on and move around the see how they feel. From what I understand is that they are similar but the Cell is a little bit stiffer. I've only tried on the One bindings but they feel very, very nice. They are easy to get off and on, don't cramp your foot, but provide tons of support.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-21-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I have the Frontier with the Ones. i will take a pic tonight and post them. I love this setup...
Old     (fishor)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-21-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Im having these on the Frontier.Upload
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-21-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
i rode the frontier board with frontier boots on saturday and loved it!! the boots were really comfortable and the board rode awesome!

the ones are a little stiff for my taste, i like to move around a bit more
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-21-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Has anyone been thrashing on these boots, I mean really putting them through their paces. LF had some durability issues when they went lighter, I am curious how Ronix boots are holding up under 3+ days of hard riding a week?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-21-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
I broke of the laces trying to get them really tight at the boat show. I guess time will tell if that was a one time instance or not. The guy I know in the shop had never seen that happen from anyone else. The string itself didn't break but it got pulled out of the black plastic piece where you pull on. He was going to try to repair them on the spot but I don't know how successful he was in doing that.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            02-21-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
Yep only time will tell Matt.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-23-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Eubanks, same thing happened to me with the laces.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Eubanks and Gary...looks like this might be a quality issue. Were these boots the One's or the Cell's? Or is the plastic piece you are describing the same on both boots? Is the plastic the tightening cam mechanism? I have not bought my boots yet. And I am trying to deciding between the One's and Cell's. But I noticed the Scout's have a metal eyelit to thread the laces through. So maybe the Scout is the way to go. Let me know guys...it is very much appreciated. Because my plan is to get them in the next couple weeks.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-23-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Scott it was the plastic pull handle for the upper laces. You can remove two screws in the handle, remove the small plastic cover and put the lace back in. Not sure if the lace will keep coming out or not.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-23-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
What gary said. I don't know if it doesn't get tight enough or what the deal was. I hope this isn't a common thing.