Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-24-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
not the greatest pics, but they give you an idea of how nice it was.
me fishing.

my brother. nice water.

working on grabs.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-24-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
nice, where did you launch?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-24-2005, 11:17 AM Reply   
we launched out of Echo Bay. we stayed a week in Fire Cove with the HB. great week.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-24-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I am Canadian so pardon my ignorance. Lake Mead is in Nevada correct? I have seen pictures before and wow does that look like a nice place.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-24-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Man when I was at MEAD it was blowing 25 mph and 3-4 foot chop. My boat almost sunk!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-24-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Daniel - Lake Mead is in Nevada. it is a great place to go. I would suggest going in the spring or fall, when it is not so hot.
we had one late afternoon, where we had like 50 mph winds, and then one monsoon came in on our last night, and rained all night. but other than that, it was hot, and good water most all day. our cove was protected really well also. here is the picture from the other side of our cove, in the main channel. not pretty.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-24-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
Yep.. that is what I remeber! haha GOod thing you didn't have to drive your boat or houseboat back in that.

That looks like good windsurfing out there... Just a little gusty I bet.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-24-2005, 12:00 PM Reply   
that was late in the afternoon one day. probably close to 40 mph winds. we were watching HB's on the other side get turned around all which way. we always made sure we were in our cove when we saw the clouds move in quickly. I'd go back in a hearbeat.
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
I am going to overton tomorrow. I am familiar with Echo bay and Overton. How do I find that cove you are referring to. I want a nice place for the camp
Old    260searay            08-25-2005, 3:02 AM Reply   
Hey that last picture is what lake erie looks like 6 of 7 days a week. That is why i only get to ride once or twice a week. I need to pack up and move.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-25-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Andrew - when you leave Overton, head towards Echo Bay. it is about halfway between the two, on the right side. look for mile marker 19, which is up on top of a cliff, way out of the water. Fire Cove is what it is.