Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-15-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm going to get mine tinted soon and was just want to know about how much it cost.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
This really varies by boat and type of windshield (as well as where you are located), and also whether the shop wants to do a boat.. That MB has a pretty good curve in the windshield, so there's a lot of shrinking that would need to be done to get a single piece to cover it. I would suspect you would be into it around $300.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-15-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Just had mine done in NC by a friend who owns a tint business. I helped him out and pulled my own frames then removed the glass from the frames. Cost me $275. I should have taken the boat to him. He only charged $350 for the full job. He could charge $750 IMO and it still wouldn't be worth it. I called out there the other day and he no longer does boats. They are a royal pain to get it right. He was actually losing money tinting boats.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-15-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
Depends on the boat and the windshield.... The more compound curve, the harder they are are to do. Plus, some dashboards get so close to the windshield they can't get in between them.

That being said, the new Malibus are very easy to do. I just had mine done for $120. Took him an hour. Didn't need to remove the windshield or anything. Those corner pieces on the Malibu windshields eliminates that nasty curve that's hard to work with....
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-15-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
I paid $350 for my old boat with a curved windshield. The guy came out to my storage and did a great job.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-15-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
$200 for 35%
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-15-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
I paid $150 for 20% on my 2010 Axis A22. Guy came to the house and did it. Our windshield does not wrap around, so he did it pretty quick-
Seattle, WA
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
$180 for ours in 20% non reflective film. But it doesn't have any curves to go around either.
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-16-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
ok thanks to all, i hope to have it done next week. i will post some pic's when i do.