Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-16-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
I am looking at getting a 2006 sky supreme v208. I have not heard much about these boats and just wondering how good they are. Has anyone had much problems with them? How is the wake on these boats? Do they also have a good wakesurf wave?
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-16-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
Look at the v212. I think 2007 was the first year, but they are a little wider and have an additional reverse facing seat. We found a dealer repo 07 in 2009 for a great deal. We almost bought the same year but in the 208, and we're happy with the extra seating and more room, even if it's only 6 or so inches wider with the 212. the wake is good to board, with stock ballast. they are not the nicest boats on the market, as in fit and finish. My friend has a sanger and the interior on it is way nicer.
We've played around with the wakesurf wake, but haven't really got it down. Deff need fat sacs for the extra weight. ( which are on order) Make sure your boat has the mid ballast. Mine does not, and we usually to run a sac in the bow where the filler cushion goes to get a nice wake.
All around good boat, had a few minor issues with electrical, grounds coming off their posts, broken ballast gauge wire etc. but nothing major. This was our first boat purchase, and we couldn't be happier. If your looking for a good wakeboat about half the price of the Big 3, I think it's a good buy. As for the srf wake, try posting that question in the wakesurf section on here. I'm sure someone will be able to help with pics. Post the pics if you decide to buy one!
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-17-2010, 7:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for the information. We have a 21' regulation of boat size on are lake so I would have to go with the 208 for that reason.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-17-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
The V208 has a great wakesurf wake, its the same hull as the 232 just shortened 2'. We have sold quite a few V208's with no major problems.
Old     (norcalwake)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-17-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 v208 and have had very good luck with it. It throws a decent wake and has been very dependable.
Attached Images

Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-17-2010, 10:02 PM Reply   
Norcalwake have you ever surfed behind your v208?
Old     (calvolson)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-17-2010, 10:55 PM Reply   
2007 v208 obviously with some extra weight.
Attached Images

Old     (huh01)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-18-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
We just picked up a 2010 V208 this month and love it so far. We had a small wiring issue right away, but the guys at Kal Kustom have been really good with organizing the warranty work. We are really happy with the wakeboard wake. We haven't had much time surfing behind the boat, but with an extra 500lb bag on the back seat we got a fairly decent wake. It's not the biggest boat out there, but our crew of 8ish is usually pretty comfortable.
Old     (norcalwake)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-18-2010, 10:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
Norcalwake have you ever surfed behind your v208?
No, Haven't tried surfing yet, just by looking at the wake I will probably have to add some more weight besides the 2 ballast tanks
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       07-22-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I have an '04 V208. I have been very happy with it. It throws a good wake for both wakeboarding and surfing. Last week we went out and with two people inthe boat and a couple hundred pounds in the trunk it was throwing a nice wake.