Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-14-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
I just got my new Arcade Bill board in the mail and was wondering if anybody has ridden one yet?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-14-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
You're going to enjoy it! Its a killer fun shape.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-14-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
At first I got this board just for a rail board, But I am hoping I like the way it rides. It seems a little heavier than the One and the Viva. (probably because of the grind base)

The Frank boots are the best open toe boots I have ever worn.
Old    sdahockey21            01-14-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
Ya your exactly right, the bill board is just about a pound heavier with the grind base, but still extremely light. Got to love a board that you can absolutely kill on rails and still bring it back to the wake in one piece. I still can not get over how good that board looks. Your going to love that setup. Post up some pictures!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-14-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
I will probably ride it this weekend and get some pictures. Until then i guess I will just have to look at the crazy cool graphics on it.

Sam, will the base not get scratched at all since it has the grind base? Never had a grind base on a board before.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2009, 11:48 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure grind base boards will still pick up some scratches but not as much as regular boards that get abused on rails. the new dura-base on the 09 SS's is the best thing I've seen as far as grind base tech in the wake industry. it's the same thing that's on your snowboard, super resistant to rails, glossy so it won't pick up the rails colors, and when you're done you can just wipe off the bottom and it looks good as new. Also if you get any dings in it you can repair it just like your snowboard without using just epoxy and doing a halfass job like most of us do!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-15-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Is the Bill as fast as the Viva. How does it compare to a Mana?
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       01-15-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
How would it compare to a iBex?

I ride my 08 ibex's behind boat and cable. I pretty much trashed my first one about 3 quarters through the season then I picked up another one for just boat. I ride it with out fins.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-17-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
I am also going on a trip to Orlando in about a month. I can only take two boards. I know I will take the Ronix Bill, but I can't decide between the Viva or the Mana. Any suggestions?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
if you want a board that is similar to the bill in speed take the viva, if you want a board that is opposite in speed to the bill take the mana.

the mana is real slow, and from what the Ronix rep said, the viva is faster than the covin and more stable on edge.
Old    sdahockey21            01-19-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I am bias toward the Viva, but really all 3 of those boards really bring different elements to the table that make for 3 killer shapes. Basically it comes down to what Tom said. Fast like the Bill = Viva,or if you want something on the other end of the spectrum = Mana. Think you might to have to flip a coin on this one. ha ha