Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-18-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
I have ear problems almost every time I go out. It usually lurks around for a couple days but after memorial weekend it felt like I had water in my ear for 2 weeks. I think they call it swimmer's ear. What do you guys do to battle this? I always try to do the "head shake" and bang on the skull thing and it feels like its out, then the next day it feels like I have water still in my ear. It bothers the hell out of me. I have heard of drops, ear candling, etc...what works for you guys?

Any tips/ideas/hints would be appreciated.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
id go to the doctor and get ear drops prescribed.
I had swimmers ear for a long time...or so i thought. we dont know what it was but lasted for a couple months and it developed into this type of fungus...and its chronic so ill have it for the rest of my life. blah blah blah.

just go get ear drops and youll be good as new in a week
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-18-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
here's a tip: go to the doctor.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-18-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
nonsense don't go to a doctor come on wakeworld for your medical advice.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-18-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Swimmers ear sucks. I deal with it too.

The only thing that is going to make it go away is a trip to the doctor. He'll likely give you drops (I've got Neomycin drops in as I type) that will make it feel better within a day or two.

Beyond that, you need to put something in to dry your ears out after being in the water. There are a few different products and home versions, mostly alcohol based. Like Jeff said, it's usually chronic so you'll need to use a drying formula as often as possible. I prefer Aur-Dri, available at most grocery and drug stores.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
Stop riding the river... LOL

Get some Swim-ear drops from Walgreens and you will be good 2 go in two to three days.
Don't take it from me though, consult your doctor. (legal notice)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:51 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us