Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (krcwell)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
What up all,

I'm finishing up the wiring of some new toys in the boat. I installed a pair of Pro 80's and a kicker ZX550.2 to power them. I'm running RCA out of the deck in to the amp. My in boat speakers are currently being powered by the deck, as they suck and I don't have the cash to replace them and get another amp right now.

I want to be able to control the volume of the tower speakers and in boat speakers seperately. Is there a way I can do that? I don't want the boat speakers to be super loud, but I'm assuming that the deck volume control will control both the volume of the in boat speakers (being powered by the deck) and the volume of the tower speakers (level that is being amplified). I want to be able to crank the tower without cranking the in boat speakers. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Also, I'm looking at getting a new deck as the current one is old and doesn't have an aux input for an iPod. All of my music is on the pod, I never play cd's or radio. I also plan on getting a WS-420 down the road. I know the WS420 has 1/8th inch inputs. Should I just say screw the new deck and get the 420 now? Can I run the pod straight in and then that straight to the amp?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Keith
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-12-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
fader on the HU.
Old     (krcwell)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
How would that work? Fade more front? Back?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-12-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
yes, your tower speakers are powered by the amp ( either front or rear outputs) yoru cabin speakers will be front/rear as well but just fade to front that way your bow speakers will be loud but in yrou cabin the volume will be off. Your question about the WS 420...yes you don't need a HU to run an ipod thru the eq.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-12-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
if you decide to get a new deck, you can grab a cheap on for like 100 that has the aux input on it and get a pac (lc1 maybe?) and it will control just the volum on the tower and its about 20 bucks. but if I were you and you were going to spend 120 on that...might as well just get the 420
Old     (jordan_wake)      Join Date: May 2008       08-12-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
or you can pick up a different eq. I got a clarion off ebay for 45 bucks, does basically the same job as the 420