Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    rebeccag1            02-19-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
I am taking my 11 year old son on a cruise and will be in Key West for 1 day (4/23/06). He is a member of the WWA and competes in Virginia and North Carolina. I would love to surprise him by taking him out wakeboarding while we are there. Could someone from this area hook me up?? !! ??
-Rebecca
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-19-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
http://www.otownwatersports.com
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-19-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Well if u are going to be in Key west there is no place to wakeboard .
But if you can go up to Duck key At hawks kay there is a guy that takes people wakeboarding behind a Air nautique . I went I had a blast ...

TeamValdez - thats all the way in orlando lol thats like 9 hours away from the keys ...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-19-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
If you are driving down, you can start at OWC as mentioned above, in Ft. Lauderdale there is Ski Rixen cable park and Dean Lavelle has a school here. I don't know about the Keys.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-19-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Upload
Old    358army            02-19-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Hey Team Valdez thanks for the props! The Keys is a drive for one day at O'Town but we would live to take you out next time you are up here. Honestly, I am not sure where there is a place to ride down there. Even Miami would be a bit of a drive. I think your best bet is to check with one of the resorts like Cheeca Lodge. Even if they don't offer it they should know who does
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       02-19-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Stephen.. you got way too much time on your hands homo!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-19-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
Shut up Josh, I was waiting for my GF to get ready to go out. I had a minute. You just wish you thought of it first. Florida says Hi to you too...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-19-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
we'll be saying hi to florida personally next month.

i can't wait!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Joe, when are you going to be there, we will be in Orlando the week of March 20th, O'town and OWC. If your trip is in this time frame lets hook up. Bringing your camera I assume?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-19-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
joe where are you going in FL?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-20-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
There is a board shop on Duval Street, at least there used to be. Last I was in there they had some LF stuff. They should have some info for you if they are still in business. I will see if I can find them via google.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-20-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
There is a board shop in Ft. Lauderdale called Peter Glenn's that may also have some contacts for the Keys. www.peterglenn.com
You could also try www.water-play.com and http://www.sobehostel.com/wakeboard/index.html or here http://www.miamiskinautiques.com/cgi-local/webcat/products_page.cgi?func=ws

All of these places are still a good drive from Key West though, they maybe good contacts.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-20-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
ooops, I thought they were heading down from North Carolina and hitting o dub too. My mistake, hey, we come all the way from So Cal to go to Otown, a few hours drive is nothing!! LOL!!