Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    tarheel            12-21-2005, 4:34 AM Reply   
Let me know what you guys think about these 2 boats. 1 is a centurion which I dont no much about and the other is a mastercraft x star.
http://www.theboatlink.com/pack2details1.php?id=144
http://www.theboatlink.com/pack3details1.php?id=86
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2005, 6:29 AM Reply   
X-STAR...not even close
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-21-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
"Not even close"?? Have you ever ridden behind a nice properly weighted Centurion?!! Not only is it great but that X-Star will feel like a jail cell inside compared the interior of the Centurion.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
B.Kelly

Are your friends with the owner of the site ~ kinda random you are from the same town as the owner of this site & a new poster and all posts seem to have a boatlink in em?

WHOIS lookup:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jhtml;jsessionid=TKOG43PJYBOXCCWMEAQCFEQ?w hoistoken=0&imageKeyPage=/whois/entry.jhtml&_requestid=644859

Registrant: MtJuliet, Tennessee 37122, United States

On another note, you may want to use the "search" function on the upper right hand side to get some information on the above boats in question. You may also want to check out the following

wakeboarder.com / classifieds
wakeworld.com / classifieds
flipsell.com
boattraderonline.com

Good Luck

-= peace =-
Lzy

Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2005, 7:13 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden behind a centurion in a while, but when I did, I wasn't very impressed. It was probably 3 years ago, but we put weight in it. Sorry, to offend
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-21-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
I agree,NOT EVEN CLOSE...They are the same price,you realize that.RIGHT!!!

Sorry to offend all the centurion owners but the boats can't compare!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-21-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
as a centurion owner, i would say get the x-star.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-21-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
I don't know I rode behind a Loaded Avalanche this summer several times and it had a wake just as nice as any MC I have been behind. I have to say I was impressed.
By the way.... Aaron, What? Whatever man you think he has an alterior motive asking about a boat?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-21-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
I have ridden both also.

Many things are just preference, but in the case, the Star is a better boat.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Gene,

YES to be honest... If hes got a new site, props for him but why not come out and say it / be honest or advertise here?
i.e - Hey I started a new site, check it out if you are intrested in a boat, I think its got a lot to offer, etc?

Why You Ask?
- He is in the exact same town as the owner of the site he is posting ( boatlink )
- His email address used to be @pdsequipment.com and now has been changed again to @graphicshopper.com, however his email / whois record points back to the following
rint@pdsequipment.com">print@pdsequipment.com
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jhtml;jsessionid=TKOG43PJYBOXCCWMEAQCFEQ?w hoistoken=15&imageKeyPage=/whois/entry.jhtml&_requestid=658484

- If you go to the about us section on that site http://www.pdsequipment.com/about.html they share the same last name as the owner of the site - "Weist"

You be the judge

My bad for being a computer dork for a living ( good at what I do )... Props for having a wake / boat related site & good luck with it, I would just go about advertising a different way... I am more a wakeboarder by passion though, just cant kill it to make a living at it ...

-= peace =-
Lzy
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Wow, so do you check up on every post to ensure it's validity?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-21-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Nope,

Just found this one intresting, kinda like the session boat thread and the Level 10 gymnist one!

Old     (pcoak)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-21-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
centurion? mastercraft?....oh. MALIBU.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-21-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Xstar without a doubt. The centurion is overpriced for one, and they quality can't compare.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-21-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Almost double the hours on the x star. To many for me to start out with.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-21-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Stan I am just glad to see somebody is looking out for us.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-21-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
That Bu is just amazing looking}