Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-21-2021, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Wow. Once again proving the argument that blacks are the most unvaccinated as a whole , rap you look at the link you provide before you just copy and paste ?

Does it say 95% of black folks are unvaccinated? Because thatís what Doug thinks it says.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2021, 5:28 PM Reply   
This is not about who is or isn't, it isn't about the color or gender of those who are or not, its about the narrative that its all right wing, evil white men, not getting it. ITs all the evil trump supporters not getting it. It could never be the left. Its statically a fact that the minority population is 80%+ liberal in nature and vote democrat, and they are not getting vaccinated either. So its not a left vs right argument. its not republicans not getting it that is causing the spread, its both sides and all genders and all colors, but it continues to be a false narrative that the large majority of anitvaxxers are white men. Its not! the stats prove it.

Its the fact that the left will not address the fact that minorites are not getting it at the rate of Caucasians. Its the fact that they cant address it, because they have tossed race bait at every single thing, and pointing it out makes them "racists for doing it" Its because people are not getting it because they

1. cant
2. have already had covid and see no reason to, (like 99% of other diseases, you don't get a vaccine after you have had it)
3. they are afraid of it, or do not trust the system
4. they are holistic and don't take any vaccines
5. they don't care
etc etc etc you can go on for ever. How about stop with the "white man antivaxxer bs" and address the issue.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2021, 6:56 PM Reply   
Once again crickets to the facts that donít support the lies youíve spewed for months. Another giant mushroom tip .

Name:  89406A16-1F34-4D04-93E6-8B090A04E868.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  99.7 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2021, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Does it say 95% of black folks are unvaccinated? Because that’s what Doug thinks it says.
No but it does say blacks represent less than 5 percent , 2.9 percent, of the vaccinated total which I am sure Doug “mis analyzed “ meaning percent of their population instead of the percent of total vaccinated population.

Chart still shows black population well below the baseline once again illustrating the fact the right whites aren’t the boogeyman again

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-21-2021 at 7:20 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-21-2021, 8:16 PM Reply   
But but but wait. Joe said alll you had to do is show your passport or papers and the Taliban will politely let you pass.

Name:  729A42A5-31E0-432F-A33D-0936B0DB2167.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  95.3 KB



Poor Biden doesn’t even know what day of the week it is anymore he’s been hiding in a dark room for so long. Guy thinks people were hanging off planes 4-5 days ago when it was two. Typical 95SN answer. My mistakes were 5 days ago…….. they never happened and I’ll only talk about today , today people can just show their passers and the Taliban will allow these Americans free passage. Bwahahahahh. Who writes this BS for him


CNN couldn’t even let the amount of BS spewing from his mouth pass as accurate.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...los/index.html

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-21-2021 at 8:24 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-21-2021, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
No but it does say blacks represent less than 5 percent , 2.9 percent, of the vaccinated total which I am sure Doug ďmis analyzed ď meaning percent of their population instead of the percent of total vaccinated population.

Chart still shows black population well below the baseline once again illustrating the fact the right whites arenít the boogeyman again

Also shows whites lagging Latinos and Asians? So maybe they can still be second place boogeyman? Sure whites are no Michael Myers or Freddie Kuger, but maybe Chuckie? Or Krampus?

Last edited by shawndoggy; 08-21-2021 at 9:08 PM.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-22-2021, 3:49 AM Reply   
I actually think it's the white's fault that minorities aren't getting the vaccine. Clearly we're not being equitable and inclusive enough to have a diverse vaxxed community.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-22-2021, 4:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I actually think it's the white's fault that minorities aren't getting the vaccine. Clearly we're not being equitable and inclusive enough to have a diverse vaxxed community.
Our county community health services committee has put together medi bus programs. going to rural, and high minority areas in the county. Begging people to get it, and the end game is exactly what the numbers say. We have low population areas, many poor, many minority and high populations areas with same results. The minatory population is just now starting to get more vaccines. So for the last 5 months, its been very low. Everyone keeps making this political, lets agree, its not political less a very small % of people on both sides.

If it was, there would be much greater numbers of those not getting it. I am not for it or against it, I think it will rear its head later in life, but its a gamble and everyone has to make that decision. Its experimental for a reason. No one knows the long term affects of the vaccine or the virus.

The only political game being played is the areas that keep non vaccinated for being able to shop or go to work. etc etc

If you want to fix it, start antibody testing everyone. This could have been started last year, would have made all this easier and everyone would have a "card" stating antibodies or no antibodies" Then you could focus on prevention.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-22-2021, 5:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post

If you want to fix it, start antibody testing everyone. This could have been started last year, would have made all this easier and everyone would have a "card" stating antibodies or no antibodies" Then you could focus on prevention.
I think the idea that ďif I got it I wonít get it againĒ is a bit of a myth. See xstarís experience, for example. Probably better than never being infected, but not foolproof.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-22-2021, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think the idea that ďif I got it I wonít get it againĒ is a bit of a myth. See xstarís experience, for example. Probably better than never being infected, but not foolproof.
I have been vaccinated, and have had delta. I have many person friends, all doctors, who have had it more than one time. and have had been vaccinated. Its not going to go away, as it is continually changing because it is a corona.

I hate the race bait, political game when it comes to health care. It should not have any bearing on who is getting vaccinated or why they are or not. I also hate the political spin on the "reason" its spreading. I have not hate or ill will to anyone or any group or color or religion. I want to see all people be healthy and successful in life.

I made it a point to point out a group of people who are not getting vaccinated, not because of their color, but because of their political history of leaning to the left. the reason was to show the hypocrisy the political left has created by spreading fake new on who is to blame. IMO, neither are to blame! There are solid reasons to get it and to not get it. Its each persons right to decide. That is the key missing from all sides.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2021, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Itís funny your mocking the covid deaths at a time
When wets socks were the answer to staying safe , in which police had to deal with the onslaught of democratic terrorists for moths on end while you hid in your basement breathing through triple diapers trembling in fear. Just think of all the rhetoric from the leftist mouthpieces encouraging riots , burning down cities , promotion of violence in which police had to stand out for 18-24hrs plus exposed to for an entire year. Over 98 percent of the covid deaths were duty related , meaning they didnít have the ability to scour in their basements sucking their thumbs ****ting themselves like you did. . Over 75% of of those in the line duty covid related deaths had secondary high risk scenarios which officers chose to ignore in order to protect the good people of the world. Donít try an exploit their deaths for some bull**** nonsensical argument that you canít seem to comprehend in the slightest. Your very vote , support of the Democratic Party , and idiotic rhetoric are more responsible for their deaths than the virus is.

Until your balls drop from that vagina between your legs you havenít earned the right to speak on their behalf.

Once again the deflection instead of the answers. Like the real pile of white guilt **** you are. You havenít won a single argument here in a Over a month. The data serves you a **** sandwich at just about every turn at every subject you attempt to spew . The cdc and fbi have consistently proved you a complete liar. Itís time to go back to the drawing board in your basement and regroup. Youíve been slapped in the face more times by mushroom tips than Harris has given Bjís too.


Itís unreal the amount of shift on your. Itís an insurrection when an officer dies at the Capitol because it aligns with your cause. But the daily deaths are just a cost of doing business and the butt end of ďtake your guns away jokeĒ . ÖÖ. Once again exposing you as the joke.


And a friendly reminder.

Had covid
Have vaccine
Had delta.


Still here never once hid in my basement.

Vaccinated department members out with positive covid 232.

Unvaccinated department members out on covid. 128

Of the vaccinated members 66 percent have the Pfizer

Year to date , year to date is logged 28 days after the vaccine was offered to first responders as a priority.

Year to date Vaccinated covid positives on leave at one point 397
Year to date unvaccinated covid positives on leave at one point 246

To be fair over 70% of department is vaccinated. They wonít release the sex or race of the numbers internally , but I bet the stats mimick the city as whole and black officers as a percentage have a higher unvaccinated rate.
Nice job. It's hilarious how many times he keeps coming back to be roasted and proven a liar over and over. I guess some losers are willing to absorb all kinds of negative attention, so long as it's attention of some kind. Sad for him.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2021, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I hate the race bait, political game when it comes to health care. It should not have any bearing on who is getting vaccinated or why they are or not. I also hate the political spin on the "reason" its spreading. I have not hate or ill will to anyone or any group or color or religion. I want to see all people be healthy and successful in life.
That's a great attitude imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I made it a point to point out a group of people who are not getting vaccinated, not because of their color, but because of their political history of leaning to the left. the reason was to show the hypocrisy the political left has created by spreading fake new on who is to blame. IMO, neither are to blame! There are solid reasons to get it and to not get it. Its each persons right to decide. That is the key missing from all sides.
If you hate the race bate and political game then it's best not to talk about race or political leanings in this context imo just point out it doesn't matter what race or leaning they are, just support the pathway for everyone to get vaccinated.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2021, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's a great attitude imo

If you hate the race bate and political game then it's best not to talk about race or political leanings in this context imo just point out it doesn't matter what race or leaning they are, just support the pathway for everyone to get vaccinated.
The left wrote the book on race baiting and political games. Your post is totally disingenuous because it implies Doug is racist when the opposite is true. The only reason race gets brought into the vaccine discussion is because you liars on the left refuse to clean your own house and stop being so hypocritical. You donít like anyone pointing out your total failure to get your own people to obey. Your own people are the ones who ďneedĒ to take the mark according to you and they donít trust you. Get that? Your own people donít trust you and what you keep pushing. As more info comes out, your case for taking the mark gets worse. Also, your ďjust support the pathwayĒ nonsense is just that on two levels. 1. Many people (including the ones who donít trust you) donít see taking the mark as the best way for them to go. Itís an active, conscious choice theyíre making. In every single interview Iíve done, people have made their decisions based on their own research and not one of them has taken it lightly. That goes for vaxxed as well as unvaxxed. Two thirds of the people Iíve spoken to about it at work (about 30 total) have been black. Two Asian and the rest were crackers. 2. There is MORE than a clear pathway for anyone in this country. They will literally come to your door with free prizes and free vaccine whenever you want. Doesnít matter if youíre in the sticks or in da hood so stop lying by implying there are a bunch of road blocks preventing it and somehow people are disenfranchised. That libtard play has been figured out already. Youíre just embarrassing yourself more now.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2021, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
The left wrote the book on race baiting and political games.
That's a very myopic view, the whole political class race bate and play games, to think its only Dems who do that is delusional.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2021, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's a very myopic view, the whole political class race bate and play games, to think its only Dems who do that is delusional.
Oh yeah? Just ask Al tax-cheat Sharpton or Jesse shake-down Jackson. They are two of the most well known offenders. You really donít know this countryís history and need to learn when to stay in your lane.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2021, 5:12 PM Reply   
Speaking of Jesse , he just tested positive for covid while being vaccinated. He attended the recent slain officers funeral , shook hands and did photo ops ,

Not be outdone, using his black card , he instead of waiting for the 2.5-3hr line to pay his respects, he and his security detail walked right to the front , posed for pictures , and shook hands. Only to test positive the very next day. Well done Jesse.



Here is a great article on the hypocrisy of BLM and the woke Hollywood elite.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...al%3f_amp=true
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2021, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's a very myopic view, the whole political class race bate and play games, to think its only Dems who do that is delusional.
Please list 5 recent republican raced based policy pushes that have used race as their argument

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-22-2021 at 5:15 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2021, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Please list 5 recent republican raced based policy pushes that have used race as their argument
Two that leap to mind as explicitly race based policies:
Border wall to keep out those rapist Mexicans
Muslim ban to keep out the terrorists.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2021, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Two that leap to mind as explicitly race based policies:
Border wall to keep out those rapist Mexicans
Muslim ban to keep out the terrorists.
The wall was not race based it was based on the federal law of illegal immigrants.


A travel ban was intuited based on terror alerts .


Both of those were based on national security not race. You know. Kinda of like closing the borders to protect your people from covid. I appreciate you feeble attempt but try and Google some better ideas that have some substance, you know which you support.


Those are some of the farthest stretches of race based policies and even with that nonsensical stretch you couldnít provide more than 2.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2021, 6:19 PM Reply   
Ohhhhhh there goes the vaccinated argument with CDC stats again. Over 75% of nee positive cases are in the vaccinated.


4 of which hospitalized.




https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...accinated.html

And then there is this gem.

. The new data, published in the U.S. agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals.

Whoa viral loads were the same between both in the research. Once again the hard data mushroom stamping or resident perpetual liar.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-22-2021 at 6:21 PM.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2021, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Ohhhhhh there goes the vaccinated argument with CDC stats again. Over 75% of nee positive cases are in the vaccinated.


4 of which hospitalized.




https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...accinated.html

And then there is this gem.

. The new data, published in the U.S. agency's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals.

Whoa viral loads were the same between both in the research. Once again the hard data mushroom stamping or resident perpetual liar.
And yet not according to this. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...about-enough1/


So what's the point? With eveything we know, what's the real downside to getting vaccinated? Do you really want to try and argue the risks outweigh the benefits?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-22-2021, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Two that leap to mind as explicitly race based policies:
Border wall to keep out those rapist Mexicans
Muslim ban to keep out the terrorists.
Thats the exact race bait the left is pushing. they want voters not citizens. they won't let Cubans in because, historically, cubans tend to lean right.

As for the boarder, your country has been in lockdown for travel, at different levels for over a year. what hate is that directed to?

We have a right to keep our country safe, you anyone who wants to come can come legally. Why is that so hard to understand. we take more refugees, per year, that any other country in the world. How about we send 2 million to NZ. We cannot take everyone at any given moment. its not sustainable, and we have a right to protect our families and land.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2021, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Two that leap to mind as explicitly race based policies:
Border wall to keep out those rapist Mexicans
Muslim ban to keep out the terrorists.
You just stepped into 95 territory on the stupidity/liar scale. There is so much idiocy woven into your post that it begs dissection and open flames, but then, I think you posted that because of the inner troll that guides you at times. I honestly donít think youíre as stupid as 95 even though you seem to try to smell his farts on occasion. Fair warning to stop now before relegation to the pit of shame that is 95ís existence.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-22-2021, 9:03 PM Reply   
Hey, where is our resident WW statistician to show us the latest poll on Xidenís downward approval numbers? Joe, did your trailer park blow away in a recent storm? Where are you?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2021, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey, where is our resident WW statistician to show us the latest poll on Xidenís downward approval numbers? Joe, did your trailer park blow away in a recent storm? Where are you?
Is he lower than Trump was? No didn't think so, as I've said in the past even a fermented cabbage is a better option than trump. Seems the american people agree.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2021, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
And yet not according to this. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...about-enough1/


So what's the point? With eveything we know, what's the real downside to getting vaccinated? Do you really want to try and argue the risks outweigh the benefits?
For certain people it does. For otherís it doesnít.

The argument is about choice , the argument is the rhetoric and garbage being speeed about causes and continued outbreaks being pushed by the media and the White House are just not true. The argument is a choice not a mandate. The argument is vaccinated individuals transmit and contract the virus just like unvaccinated people.

Those are the arguments. Your argument as an endgame doesnít allow those others not to be talking points and/or points of why vaccine rates are so low. Any person with common sense realizes that. The fact that outright lies arespewed daily for political theater rather than national health are the precise reason people donít trust any of it!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2021, 4:17 PM Reply   
More laughs from our BJ queen about American lives in Afghanistan . She is the absolute worst . I despise her more than Biden

RNC Research (@RNCResearch) Tweeted:
WATCH: Kamala Harris laughs when a reporter starts to ask her about Americans trapped in Afghanistan https://t.co/7863Seq36C https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...043720708?s=20
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2021, 7:55 PM Reply   
More rules for thee but not for me on display once again by the Dem mouthpiece Pelosi. Maskless party , in a designated covid hotspot violating the rhetoric she and her party spew once again. National health crisis ÖÖÖ.Oh wait itís a fundraiser for herÖÖ..nothing to see here peasants!



https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....undraiser/amp/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2021, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
For certain people it does. For otherís it doesnít.
For 95%-80% it does, for 5%-20% it doesn't. (depending on variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The argument is about choice , the argument is the rhetoric and garbage being speeed about causes and continued outbreaks being pushed by the media and the White House are just not true. The argument is a choice not a mandate.
Yes that is the argument, but what is never factored in by "freedom warriors" is by not getting vacinated you are taking away another persons freedom of not getting sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The argument is vaccinated individuals transmit and contract the virus just like unvaccinated people.
Yes but that's not true is it. If the vaccine prevents you from getting sick then it's impossible for you to pass it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Those are the arguments.
If those were really the arguments then it would be easily resolved.

The real argument is you don't get to tell me what to do.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2021, 8:15 PM Reply   
Lyin Biden’s pants are on fire , He can’t stop , even his own jerk fest rag can’t take it any longer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...den/index.html
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-23-2021, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
For 95%-80% it does, for 5%-20% it doesn't. (depending on variant). So what you are saying is itís not a benefit to everyone thanks


Yes that is the argument, but what is never factored in by "freedom warriors" is by not getting vacinated you are taking away another persons freedom of not getting sick.facts say youíre a liarÖ.. vaccinated person is just as big a threat as a carriers and a transmitter argument is a complete farce if the vaccine works as said. No freedom is being taken away .


Yes but that's not true is it. If the vaccine prevents you from getting sick then it's impossible for you to pass it on. In your opinion


If those were really the arguments then it would be easily resolved. Not when the left is in charge

The real argument is you don't get to tell me what to do.
thatís is precsely the argument. Government doesnít make your health choices for you.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2021, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Lyin Biden’s pants are on fire , He can’t stop , even his own jerk fest rag can’t take it any longer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...den/index.html
Huh, Didn't Trump already take credit for eliminating Al Qaeda from Afghanistan?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51689443

Last edited by ralph; 08-23-2021 at 9:05 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2021, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
thatís is precsely the argument. Government doesnít make your health choices for you.
Ok sure. Now get rid of those pesky government mandated clean water standards! We want more lead in our water!!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-24-2021, 2:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
For 95%-80% it does, for 5%-20% it doesn't. (depending on variant)


Yes that is the argument, but what is never factored in by "freedom warriors" is by not getting vacinated you are taking away another persons freedom of not getting sick.


Yes but that's not true is it. If the vaccine prevents you from getting sick then it's impossible for you to pass it on.


If those were really the arguments then it would be easily resolved.

The real argument is you don't get to tell me what to do.
What do you mean that vaccinated people do not spread it. They do, they also get it. I know I had delta and have ben vaxxed for 5 months. Also Vaccinated are spreading it as much as non, as the visual load is being found at equal levele in vax'd and non vax'd

This argument about "freedom warriors" has nothing to do covid. It has to do with oppression. It happened during AIDS. People were being told its a gay mans disease, only spread by gay men, That gay men should abstain from sex, but it was ok for heterosexual couples to have at it!

Then they figured out it was not a "gay mans" disease, it was spreading in both environments, but only sex was the cause. Then they found out it was being spread by blood, blood transfusions, non sterilized dental handpieces, etc etc etc

Just like now, covid is not a non vaccinated "mans" disease and its being spread with or without the vaccine.

What the government wants to do is segregate the vax'd from the non vax'd and limit the movement and abilities of the non compliant from having equal rights to their constitution freedoms. Once you get to that position, it becomes NZ lock downs when 1 person tests positive

then you add insult to injury and the "for thee and not for me" keeps appearing on the news, where the people making the rules are not following them, all the while, people are being punished for fear of misinformation, BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD A HISTORY or misinformation!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-24-2021, 2:18 AM Reply   
In the 60's, children were getting RSV, its 90% mild in children, but they came up with a vaccine, and then found out after the fact, it enhanced the disease. There has been failures vaccines, many, and we have no clue what the long term results are of what we all have put into our bodies to change our immune systems.

ITs a gamble, and for some, its very difficult to trust the people who you blatantly see breaking the rules that they make. No different than the "don't do drugs" movement. The commercials were directed to Parents more than children. Why? Remember the commercials. The parent would find drugs in "little jonnys backpack" Confront the child "who did you get this from, where did you lean this?" Respond " I learned it from watching you daddy!"

Covid, why did you think it was safe to go into a large crowd of people "I leaned it from watching you Pelosi" The hypocrisy is out of control. SHE is 80 years old (or close to it) She, obviously is not afraid of getting it, or she would not be doing what she does. Breaking the rules she and others in power have made! And if its ok for the rule makers, its ok for ME!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2021, 4:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
What do you mean that vaccinated people do not spread it. They do, they also get it. I know I had delta and have ben vaxxed for 5 months. Also Vaccinated are spreading it as much as non, as the visual load is being found at equal levele in vax'd and non vax'd

This argument about "freedom warriors" has nothing to do covid. It has to do with oppression. It happened during AIDS. People were being told its a gay mans disease, only spread by gay men, That gay men should abstain from sex, but it was ok for heterosexual couples to have at it!

Then they figured out it was not a "gay mans" disease, it was spreading in both environments, but only sex was the cause. Then they found out it was being spread by blood, blood transfusions, non sterilized dental handpieces, etc etc etc

Just like now, covid is not a non vaccinated "mans" disease and its being spread with or without the vaccine.

What the government wants to do is segregate the vax'd from the non vax'd and limit the movement and abilities of the non compliant from having equal rights to their constitution freedoms. Once you get to that position, it becomes NZ lock downs when 1 person tests positive

then you add insult to injury and the "for thee and not for me" keeps appearing on the news, where the people making the rules are not following them, all the while, people are being punished for fear of misinformation, BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD A HISTORY or misinformation!
If only someone could invent a face condom, so you could maintain your hedonistic lifestyle of promiscuous verbal intercourse.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-24-2021, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
thatís is precsely the argument. Government doesnít make your health choices for you.
Since you are so sure COVID is BS, instead of posting in this thread all day, why don't you go volunteer at a local hospital? They are all full and need all the help they can get.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2021, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
For 95%-80% it does, for 5%-20% it doesn't. (depending on variant)


Yes that is the argument, but what is never factored in by "freedom warriors" is by not getting vacinated you are taking away another persons freedom of not getting sick.


Yes but that's not true is it. If the vaccine prevents you from getting sick then it's impossible for you to pass it on.


If those were really the arguments then it would be easily resolved.

The real argument is you don't get to tell me what to do.
You are either woefully misinformed and ignorant or part of the evil left trying to further more lies about the subject. Sorry to say that I think itís the latter.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2021, 5:51 AM Reply   
For those who think mail in ballots are a secure way to vote, read this.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ice/ar-AANEsWj
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-24-2021, 6:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You are either woefully misinformed and ignorant or part of the evil left trying to further more lies about the subject. Sorry to say that I think itís the latter.
I was on a boat with a Houston ER doctor this weekend and he said that they have had zero fully vaccinated sent to the ICU at his hospital. He said there have been breakthrough cases and even a few were admitted for fluids and breathing treatments and then released. He said that in the last month the has been an obvious shift to younger people 30-50 range.

A 40 year old died in my neighborhood this weekend. She was healthy. Her facebook posts read like a slow motion train wreck. She was sick 20 days and died 4 hrs from home because there were no available beds in Houston.

I know those are just data points. Do what you want with that information. I am kinda tired of talking about it. Just be safe and do what you can to reduce your risk and the risk for others.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2021, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Ok sure. Now get rid of those pesky government mandated clean water standards! We want more lead in our water!!
You want to really get the tin foil chapeau crowd going, suggest fluoridation...
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's a very myopic view, the whole political class race bate and play games, to think its only Dems who do that is delusional.
No. It is pretty much true.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Since you are so sure COVID is BS, instead of posting in this thread all day, why don't you go volunteer at a local hospital? They are all full and need all the help they can get.
Can you tell me where I ever said it was BS ? I’ve actual said the opposite many of time since the beginning. It’s just never was the blanket death virus it was ever portrayed , it was very targeted. It was over exploited and pushed for political theater. Covid is real , it’s a real virus , I’ve said it since day one. The issue as it is the fear mongering , nonsensical rhetoric , idiotic policies , and outright lies spewed about it. If it’s wasn’t exploited to the degree it was since the beginning by the left you’d have a lot less deaths. Texas hospitals are overrun according to some sources with over 77% of their hospitalizations being illegals. So spare me the covid bull**** and close the ****ing border. Only one to blame for their severe outbreak is the bumbling, stumbling, idiot in chief.


I’d volunteer , but my weekly average of 16hr days chasing violent democrats around shooting each other, innocent civilians , and children is unfortunately taking all my time. The hospitals where I am at are filled with more gunshot vIctims than covid deaths. Yet we’ve had no marches or protests or buildings burning in the name of Black Lives after the 11th straight week of over 100 black people shot.

Name:  5BA42618-A848-4448-AA0F-F24F97CA4870.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  167.3 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-24-2021 at 8:16 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think the idea that ďif I got it I wonít get it againĒ is a bit of a myth. See xstarís experience, for example. Probably better than never being infected, but not foolproof.
Just saw a BBC article stating that they are finding the best case for future immunity is to have had COVID then receive the vaccine.

As we know, the vaccine is a spike protein vaccine. However they are finding (or maybe already knew), that muscle based vaccine is not the same as nose and throat immunization. I guess there are different types of proteins involved.

Now, I wonder if there is going to be a backlash of lawsuits against those establishments that force vaccines, thus preventing those who potentially wanted the ability to have maximum immunity moving forward removed from their rights?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58270098

Covid: Whatís the best way to top up our immunity?

Where in the body is the immunity?

This matters. There is a whole different suite of antibodies (known as immunoglobulin As) in the nose and lungs, compared with those (immunoglobulin Gs) that we measure in the blood.

The former is more important as a barrier to infection. Natural infection, because it is in the nose rather than a jab in the arm, may be a better route to those antibodies, and nasal vaccines are being investigated too.

How well it stops infection or prevents severe disease

We know there have been cases of people catching the virus twice (re-infection) and of being vaccinated and catching Covid (known as breakthrough infection).

"Neither gives you complete protection versus infection, but the immunity you get from either seems to protect you pretty well from serious illness," said Prof Finn, from the University of Bristol.

Antibody levels are, on average, higher about a month after vaccination than infection. However, there is a huge gulf in antibodies between those who are asymptomatic (who don't make very much) and those who get a severe bout of Covid.

The biggest immune response comes from people who caught Covid and were then vaccinated. We're still waiting for data on what happens the other way round.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 8:23 AM Reply   
Turns out if you are able to pay $30k per seat, you are covid clear even in a "Red" covid area. Don't worry. The brown servers had on masks.


https://californiaglobe.com/section-...ey-fundraiser/

Speaker Pelosi Has ‘French Laundry’ Moment at Large Napa Valley Fundraiser
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Huh, Didn't Trump already take credit for eliminating Al Qaeda from Afghanistan?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51689443
Did you read the article you actually posted. Itís outlines what he actually did to quell the violence under the plan he supported. Are you claiming that plan didnít work? They didnít lose a single American soldier in combat under his plan , and he was able to reduce the amount of American soldiers on their soil. Sounds like he deserves a Medal for his plan .
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 8:31 AM Reply   
You really think this is the only person doing this? He was just dumb enough to pass out in his car with them. Why would a drug dealer want to have stolen ballots? Maybe because it is profitable?

https://www.newsweek.com/california-...newsom-1622339

Over 300 California Recall Election Ballots Found in Passed Out Man's Car
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You are either woefully misinformed and ignorant or part of the evil left trying to further more lies about the subject. Sorry to say that I think itís the latter.
The anti mask, antivax guy pounding Hydroxychloroquine and cow de-wormer is calling someone misinformed, Classic.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2021, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Maybe because it is profitable?
Who is buying them?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Now, I wonder if there is going to be a backlash of lawsuits against those establishments that force vaccines, thus preventing those who potentially wanted the ability to have maximum immunity moving forward removed from their rights?
quite doubtful. Vaccine mandates are a legitimate exercise of the police power. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The biggest immune response comes from people who caught Covid and were then vaccinated. We're still waiting for data on what happens the other way round.
not getting vaccine so I can get sick first so that I can then get vaccine so I can be protected against getting sick... seems like rather circular logic.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Who is buying them?
You tell me. It is not illegal to ballot harvest in kalifornia, so there would never be a question as long as they are a valid ballot. They can be handled by anyone. If I had to guess who would be buying them, I would imagine it would be a organization that has a huge ground game in kalifornia. I would look at a group that has profited the most vote wise from these laws by the tune of millions of extra votes over the last few elections.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
quite doubtful. Vaccine mandates are a legitimate exercise of the police power. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts



not getting vaccine so I can get sick first so that I can then get vaccine so I can be protected against getting sick... seems like rather circular logic.
While it may be a legitimate exercise of police power, it does not mean it can't be challenged especially if they mandated experimental drugs. I know it is now FDA approved (well the one is). If people can be proved they were harmed, it could be pandoras box. I agree, it most likely is doubtful but possible.

I don't think it is completely circular reasoning. The recovery rate is extremely high especially for the healthy. Many people may think it to be appropriate to try and maximize their effectiveness as we may move to more dangerous strains in the future.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 9:51 AM Reply   
Don't worry. Australia is now shooting dogs so people will not be compelled to pick up the rescue dogs. How fast Australia has moved to authoritarianism.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Did you read the article you actually posted. Itís outlines what he actually did to quell the violence under the plan he supported. Are you claiming that plan didnít work? They didnít lose a single American soldier in combat under his plan , and he was able to reduce the amount of American soldiers on their soil. Sounds like he deserves a Medal for his plan .
Absolutely the plan worked, it was a great agreement and I said so at the time but slamming Biden for carrying out the agreement you agree with seems extremely odd. The military had 18 months to prepare for this withdrawl, the fact it has been mishandled should be laid at their feet not Biden's.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
No. It is pretty much true.
Check this guy out, he thinks only half the politicians are lying creeps. Lol, how nieve
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You tell me. It is not illegal to ballot harvest in kalifornia, so there would never be a question as long as they are a valid ballot. They can be handled by anyone. If I had to guess who would be buying them, I would imagine it would be a organization that has a huge ground game in kalifornia. I would look at a group that has profited the most vote wise from these laws by the tune of millions of extra votes over the last few elections.
Thats not true. The voter has to sign the ballot, signatures have to match. If you hand it off to someone to drop off, that person also has to sign it. What you propose wont happen without a paper trail. Thats why mail-in voting is safe.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Many people may think it to be appropriate to try and maximize their effectiveness as we may move to more dangerous strains in the future.
Many people seem to think it appropriate to purchase their Covid drugs from a veterinarian, that doesnt make it prudent. If you want to eliminate future strains, get a vaccination, like every reasonable doctor in the country and the world recommends.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Absolutely the plan worked, it was a great agreement and I said so at the time but slamming Biden for carrying out the agreement you agree with seems extremely odd. The military had 18 months to prepare for this withdrawl, the fact it has been mishandled should be laid at their feet not Biden's.
I donít think you understand how long term plans work. Theyíre constantly evolving. You also need an ďend game ď plan in place. Blaming Trump because Biden failed miserably at devising an end game plan to exit id downright comical.

Biden is ď The Commander in ChiefĒ . Heís the head man any military failure falls at his feet. The fact he had zero clue is a shinning light into his failure as a president. This isnít his first foreign policy failure. For **** sake he was the VP for 8 yrs. his lack of foresight is alarming. The amount of high end military equipment left on the ground for our enemies to procure is astronomical. While not uncommon to leave equipment in areas of deployment , the standard is you destroy that technology and equipment if you do so. Itís absurd to think all that equipment could have made it home. Running missions to carry tons of equipment into safe zones scattered throughout other countries would cost millions in fuel and manpower. Also very hard to conceal. Again though the standard is to destroy it not hand it over to your enemies.

What also is unrealistic is getting every single American citizen out of Afghanistan. Many citizens are there on their own accord unrelated to military ops. Where we failed is not giving those People an opportunity to leave before the military does. You canít just pull the plug and leave in the middle of the night . Bidenís regime failed , they failed to listen to the highest ranking military officials on the ground in Afghanistan , they failed to heed the 70 percent takeover that was already surging prior to his action , and they failed to make adjustments and adhere the red flags plastered all around the country.

The ranking combat zone military leaders pleaded their case , the political theater generals sitting with Bidenís fingers up their ass back home were more concerned about CRT being taught to the military than our actual combat missions, and once again used American soldiers for political theater due to a 9-11 anniversary date.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Many people seem to think it appropriate to purchase their Covid drugs from a veterinarian, that doesnt make it prudent. If you want to eliminate future strains, get a vaccination, like every reasonable doctor in the country and the world recommends.
Many healthy unvaccinated people seem fine with the fact they have a 99.99 percent chance they won’t die after contracting the virus.

They’re willing to take those odds in order to stand up against the marxist commies attempting to take over our once great Nation.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-24-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-24-2021, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Many people seem to think it appropriate to purchase their Covid drugs from a veterinarian, that doesnt make it prudent. If you want to eliminate future strains, get a vaccination, like every reasonable doctor in the country and the world recommends.
Dip$hittious Maximus, getting vaxxed won’t stop future strains. It might help new strains develop though. When did CNN tell you getting vaxxed will stop new strains? I attempted to suffer through a part of the Don pole-smoker Lemon show last night and didn’t hear him mention it at all. Are you ever gonna stop lying?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I donít think you understand how long term plans work. Theyíre constantly evolving. You also need an ďend game ď plan in place. Blaming Trump because Biden failed miserably at devising an end game plan to exit id downright comical.
I'm not blaming trump at all. What's happening here is Biden said no more I'm ending this war and the army and media are salty about it and are doing their best to make it as bad as possible. That's it, the military industrial complex never like ending a grift and are stamping their feet.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Many healthy unvaccinated people seem fine with the fact they have a 99.99 percent chance they wonít die after contracting the virus.
Thats because they're fools. If it were true, the hospitals in TX, FL, Miss, ALA....wouldnt be full and Army and Air Force doctors and nurses would not be deployed to their hospitals to handle all the overflow. The Army wouldnt be building field hospitals in parking garages. Hospitals wouldnt need freezer trucks parked outside to hold the overflow of dead. The head of the health depts wouldnt be begging for the communities to get vaccinated and calling the Fed for more bodies to help. Would they.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dip$hittious Maximus, getting vaxxed wonít stop future strains. It might help new strains develop though
The theory is the virus has a chance to mutate with every transmission, if you can reduce transmission by 80% by vaccinating then you reduce the mutation rate by 80%

There is no accepted science that vaccination increases mutation rate.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I'm not blaming trump at all. What's happening here is Biden said no more I'm ending this war and then just pulled everyone out without actually coming up with plan and the army and media are salty about which they have every right to be, you can’t just disappear without a coordinated exit plan it and are doing their best to make it as bad as possible No Biden made it as bad as possible . That's it, the military industrial complex never like ending a grift and are stamping their feet.

The issue at hand isn’t Biden’s choice to end. The issue at had is how he implemented his plan. His plan wa just leave in middle of night on his command. His track record of militaristic foreign policy is a roadmap of disaster his entire political career. That’s what’s being exposed and put on notice. Instead of standing up ….he’s done what he and every dem does. Runs hides and disappeared. Vacationing at arguably what may be one of the biggest time stamps of his presidency.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-24-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post


The issue at hand isnít Bidenís choice to end. The issue at had is how he implemented his plan.
That's fair enough then, the withdraw has been hilariously bad. Still while a terrible withdrawal isn't great, the fact is its over is 100x more important.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dip$hittious Maximus, getting vaxxed wonít stop future strains. It might help new strains develop though. When did CNN tell you getting vaxxed will stop new strains? I attempted to suffer through a part of the Don pole-smoker Lemon show last night and didnít hear him mention it at all. Are you ever gonna stop lying?
The virus mutates with transmission. More vaccinated= less transmission. Its elementary math.
Hope you 2 pole smokers enjoyed your time w/ each other squeezing each others lemons. Speaking of smokers, have you heard that Elder, The Sage of South Central is a big time daily stoner, Likes the Cookie and the purple strains. You can take them out of the hood but cant take the hood out of.....is that how it goes?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 10:58 AM Reply   
And it's important to note the military has 18 months to prepare, they obviously thought Biden would Crack and not do it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2021, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
The virus mutates with transmission. More vaccinated= less transmission. Its elementary math.
Imagine the mutation coming out of marks den of disease, like Delta variant but makes you dumber. Much dumber. So stupid you visit the vet for your meds.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-24-2021, 12:12 PM Reply   
there is no such thing as break through infection. I have clients, offices and hospitals having staff, all vaccinated, including myself, get covid delta. It may not be as bad or minor symptoms or even not known at first, as covid. but its happening, and vaccinated are spreading it, just the same.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2021, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
there is no such thing as break through infection. I have clients, offices and hospitals having staff, all vaccinated, including myself, get covid delta. It may not be as bad or minor symptoms or even not known at first, as covid. but its happening, and vaccinated are spreading it, just the same.

You just described break through infections there Doug.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You just described break through infections there Doug.
And? So? The point is they are spreading it too. The Delta variant came from South America btw
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You just described break through infections there Doug.
Never mind. He did just describe break through infections. Point is though, they are still spreading it if you believe what we are being told.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-24-2021, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
And it's important to note the military has 18 months to prepare, they obviously thought Biden would Crack and not do it.
Biden is the commander and chief of the military
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-24-2021, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post


The issue at hand isnít Bidenís choice to end. The issue at had is how he implemented his plan. His plan wa just leave in middle of night on his command. His track record of militaristic foreign policy is a roadmap of disaster his entire political career. Thatís whatís being exposed and put on notice. Instead of standing up Ö.heís done what he and every dem does. Runs hides and disappeared. Vacationing at arguably what may be one of the biggest time stamps of his presidency.
Yeah. Usually the military would be the last to leave. NOT THE FIRST!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2021, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Biden is the commander and chief of the military
The sooner people recognize that Afghanistan is America's f**kup the sooner we'll be on the road to rational thinking. You had three previous Presidents pouring money and weapons into Afghanistan, which was always destined to failure. It is characteristic of America to engage in tremendous fails and then try to find excuses. If 300K trained and armed troops were going to do nothing but cave and hand over their weapons, then maybe we should be reexamining our failure more closely than just blaming it on a scapegoat that finally made the right decision to put an end to it.

Last edited by fly135; 08-24-2021 at 1:39 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2021, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Yeah. Usually the military would be the last to leave. NOT THE FIRST!
That's right. And there were 300K armed and trained Afghan forces, but they didn't fight. I'm surprised that as Americans who believe freedom doesn't come free that you have so much sympathy for a country that would lay down their arms. This is the kind of mentality that gets us into these messes. Let America do all the work and bring other nations into the first world so that can compete with Americans for jobs and resources. Wouldn't it make more sense to let them live their backwards lives? Wouldn't it have made more sense to crush them after 9/11, then leave and let them know we'll come back twice as hard if we find more terrorist camps in their country?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2021, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Never mind. He did just describe break through infections. Point is though, they are still spreading it if you believe what we are being told.
Just believe the truth.
Before you can pass the virus on to someone else, you must first become infected.Vaccines reduce this massively, with efficacies between 60 and 90%.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02261-8

Once a person is infected, the adaptive immune system means the infection is cleared from the body more quickly in a vaccinated/previously infected person than someone with no existing immunity. This leaves a shorter period of time when the viral load is high enough to infect others. And this is borne out by the data.

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/mo...-how-does-work

immunisation with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine reduced the chance of onward virus transmission by 40-60%

Put the two together and a vaccinated person is between 76% and 96% less likely to infect another person than someone unvaccinated.

Edit - this is based on the data/studies we have done so far. There's evidence that protection against infection is a bit lower for Delta and a possibility that immunity to infection may wane over time. However, it's also been shown that a booster improves the efficacy against Delta.

So the takeaway shouldn't the absolute figures, which are prone to margins of error anyway. It's that vaccines do a LOT to reduce the spread of infection as well as protecting individuals against severe outcomes, but it's important that we keep our eye on the ball and be ready to use boosters and new vaccines to maintain our edge in this fight against covid.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-24-2021, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You just described break through infections there Doug.
ITs not breakthrough, its a different strain of the corona. Like the the common cold, it rapidly changes, and will continue forever. The vaccine was not and is not designed for the change in the protein or config of the virus. So its just another virus, and i am not saying don't get it, or get it. I am saying, its your personal decision

Last edited by dougr; 08-24-2021 at 2:46 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 3:14 PM Reply   
And there you have it. In the face of botching one of the biggest military movements in our history as a country. ………..Biden takes a knee to disgrace the country he leads in order to celebrate with the WNBA’s woke warriors. Un****ingbelievable ,


Name:  B57D58F5-181A-4268-B156-C818CDFD2B03.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  69.2 KB
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2021, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
That's right. And there were 300K armed and trained Afghan forces, but they didn't fight. I'm surprised that as Americans who believe freedom doesn't come free that you have so much sympathy for a country that would lay down their arms. This is the kind of mentality that gets us into these messes. Let America do all the work and bring other nations into the first world so that can compete with Americans for jobs and resources. Wouldn't it make more sense to let them live their backwards lives? Wouldn't it have made more sense to crush them after 9/11, then leave and let them know we'll come back twice as hard if we find more terrorist camps in their country?
First letís start with the 300k number itís already been completely debunked and proven false by every fact checker on both sides. 125k is the actual number.


I donít disagree with any of that. We should have never took an occupying force there. We shoulda went in struck , eliminated the threats very swiftly and justly and exited . Head to the negotiating table and explain if we need to do it again it will be even worse . The idea America shoulda been acting as security guards fo almost 2 decades inside of a country is absurd. Once our terrorist in chief was elected ( ol Hussein Obama ) they new exactly what needed to be done. They also knew America wasnít about to use any ounce of biolent force to over come them. Trumps original plan was to leave. , he however learned very quickly that that was not feasible due to the situation he inherited. Did his best to formulate a long term plan , and I believe for sure wouldíve pulled us completely out. Argue all you want he had 4 yrs you to do it. His most recent plan of exit and peace kept Americans from dying , reduced the occupying forces tremendously , but realized he couldnít pull the plug just then , but his actions were headed that way.

While Biden failed completely , the last push of Taliban insurgence over the past yr showed that Afghanistan was a lost cause. The popes of that country didnít want to fight for their freedom and you canít argue that otherwise based on what just transpired.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:31 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us