Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-28-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
I am looking for an air valve but don't know what it's called, or if it exists. I want to air up a bladder by opening the valve (attached to my air compressor), stop the air flow when it is as full as I want, and then drain the air out using the same valve. I'm thinking some sort of a ball valve. One that is easily actuated.

Anybody know of such a thing?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
Where is it to be installed? We need a little more information at what the goal is. That sounds like a check valve that are stock on any tube you pull behind the boat or any inflatable you would put in a pool.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-29-2014, 7:18 PM Reply   
Nothing boat related. This is more light duty construction related. I want to fill a bladder with air for light duty (100-200 lbs) lifting, then dump the air to deflate the bladder. I need to be able to do this easily without bending over or using any other tools to deflate. I think a valve used to drain compressors would work, coupled to a ball valve, but I am wondering if there is some sort of valve that would fill, then deflate.

Thanks for any input.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
If you had a Tee with two ball valves than you could turn off inlet air and open for vent and vise versa on the fill. There is a good chance something existing already but I a tee and two ball valves is cheap, easy and fast
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-30-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
sounds like some braided hose and valves will do what you need
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-01-2014, 5:24 AM Reply   
I didn't think of a T and 2 valves. I was thinking a T and a blow off valve with a manual pull ring like the ones on an air compressor. Two ball valves will be much cheaper.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
3 way ball valve


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:15 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us