Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-04-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
I am trying to decide if I need another battery or not. I am running 3 amps which power my 1 sub, 6 in-boat speakers and my 2 wetsound tower speakers. I am about to install the wetsound ws420. So my question is can I get 1 battery to run all of it or do I need 2?
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-04-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
What size are your amps ? Do you park and party or just ride ? Do you mean do you need two batteries to run your accessories and you already have a starting battery or that you have only one battery for all accessories and starting?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-04-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
I will have to check on the amps. I have 1 battery running everything. We dont camp out all that much. But sometimes we will. Most of the time we go back to our place to hang out. But if I can get away with just having 1 battery I would rather do that. Would also like to know what battery everyone recommends.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-04-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Also what size alternator do you have? Do you charge your Battery when you are done at night or rely on your alternator for charging ?
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-04-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
I am not sure on that either. It is a 2008 Supra sunsport. So what ever it is from the factory.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-04-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
With three amps (brand really does not matter) you need to have 2 dedicated stereo batteries and an AC shore charger when the boat is not being used.

I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of Interstate SRM29's. These are one of the best bangs for the bucks when it comes to amp hours versus dollars spent. I found them locally for about $100 a piece.

Get yourself a pro mariner battery charger and you will be set. It sounds like you put some money into your stereo system with the Wetsounds on the towers and the EQ. Don't shortchange yourself by skimping on the batteries and the charging system.
Old     (sidetracked3)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-04-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
Who carries Interstate batteries? Where did you get yours?
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-05-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
Go to Interstatebatteries.com and find your nearest dealer. If you can find a distribution center you can usually get a discount . I run 1x34D optimas for my starting and 3x31D optimas for my stereo, which are also an interstate brand.