Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-14-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
anybody know wht this is all about? I found this on a bass forum.

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43456&f=2&sid=f0f3799aa5a133137b47 5ada81c53441
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Those replies are great. My favourite is the guy who talks about carrying his "side arm" for those types of situations. Give me a break.. tying knots in the guys gear was a lame move, but busting out a gun over it? What a psycho.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
He is talking about like how he doesn't think negative but hes like

"I'm really surprised they didn't slash my tires."
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-14-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
so wait, was he a foot outside the line or what?
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-14-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
lock and load baby!!
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
So wait...

Who does the letter go to?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-15-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Can't we all just get along? I don't know why bass fishermen and wakeboarders have to hate each other. Can't we team up and take on tubers and waverunnerers?

Seriously though I hate to see these kind of things. We are all out there to have a good time and there is no reason to screw with other peoples stuff.
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Wonder if this is the black truck at the Sammamish launch on Saturday, could barely get around him, someone had to put up cones around the front of the guys truck so people didn't take out the front of his truck. As the lot filled up, it was almost impossible to get down the first aisle.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
He is saying he had a blue Tahoe.
Old    K.B.C.            09-15-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
while I wouldn't exactly call that vandalism (no real damage), it sounds like it wasn't necessary. I see no need for the fisherman/wakeboard war. Mutal respect goes a long way. As the original poster stated there are as many bad fisherman as wake boaters. I probably have more issues with the typical "wakeboarders" at my lake than the fisherman. Unfortunately the typical average joe wakeboarder is pretty clueless. I think the majority of folks from this site would agree on that.

(Message edited by sperbet on September 15, 2008)
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-15-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
My next post will be on Westernbass.com. These guys don't own this lake! Couldn't help myself.

As far as this incident sounds to me, it is once again a select few putting a bad name to wakeboarders. The fisherman have the same select few. (When you hear about angry fisherman casting at riders). It is everybody's lake and as said earlier, we are ALL out to enjoy what we love to do, whatever that be. (Just for the record, jet skiers and tubers do not fall into that)
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
wow. I am a little blown away here. yes they should not have messed with dude's rig, and yes some wakeboarders think they own the lake, but yes so do some fishermen. "lock and load"? who is it that needs to grow up?
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Let me start off by saying that there are equal amounts of a**holes on each side of the fence. The gentleman who had the gun reference is way out of line and doesn't reflect the majority of us bass fisherpeople nor westernbass I'm sure. That being said anybody messin' with your truck/trailer ect. is uncalled for. I didn't get crazy, run a guy down, get into a fight at Union Point this weekend when a jerk motored 10 ft. in front of me across a tulle opening. Nor did I go back to the marina a sabotage his ride. You just have to let s**t ride either way weather or not its an annoying bass boat passing or the 120 decibal radio (and bullhorn shouting obsentiies). Just not worth anyones time or efforts when we are all out to have a good time.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-15-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
I agree it was unneccessary and you don't touch anothers stuff unless neccessary, very easily could have just moved the trailer if it was that big of a deal. I've negotiated around many mis-parked rigs and just let it go, come'on who really cares anyway?

I'm also seeing more & more "I own the lake" mentality from wakeboarders as well. Just a few weeks back a group of four boats emblazened with a well known "regional" sticker & decals sped through a group of anchored boats in a very narrow and confined area, put out a boarder and came back through, three of them spread out in a line behind one boat. Out of the six or so anchored boats they managed to almost swamp three of them! They ran this way down the lake and into a narrow canyon connecting the two halves of the lake, tearing up the water on purpose by weaving back and forth behind the towing boat, causing many oncoming boats to either turn around or risk taking on water! And if that wasn't bad enough they later sped into the ramp zone at much greater than 5mph and muscled their way to the docks ahead of those waiting. No respect at all for those around them or to any possible damage they might cause. Great image booster for the sport i would say.
Old     (riverratboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
I am hearing it was Lake Clemintine. Anybody know who did it????? Or the actual situation???
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
When I'm riding up here at the local lake near my college, I'm nothing but friendly and respectful of fisherman. And you know what that has gotten me? Swearing, flying birds, and the angry glare.

I wave to every fisherman I see, even when I'm riding, and all that they do is glare back. I give them plenty of room as I putter down the lake at 23 mph with a rider in tow, and they cut me off nearly every time they come by me, going 45-50 mph on a small lake. There's no need to be going that fast on a lake that takes, at minimum, ten minutes to get from point a to point b. They troll down the middle of very very narrow stretches of lake, and we have to drive around them, and they get pissed off because we came within 20 feet of them, and 10 feet of the shoreline.

Generally fishermen haven't been bad at Smith Mountain Lake, but most still give the angry glares and/or completely ignore my attempts at being nice to them as I'm dragged along behind a crappy 22 foot deckboat.

I've been keeping an eye on that thread, and Jeigh, that post about going over to wakeworld.com is ridiculous. Like anyone who posts here regularly has something to do with something like this. I'm sure that some of the people that post here could and would do that, but none of them are regulars here, and complaining on this website is an asinine way of dealing with the matter. Go talk to the park rangers, get the matter taken care of through legal routes.

And thank you Justin D for agreeing that the gun comments were way out of line. I don't care if you have a concealed carry permit, nor do I care if they're legal in California. Guns are for self defense purposes in life threatening situations only, and that's the only reason those permits are distributed. You cannot go waving a gun in the state of California (maybe in a state like Texas with the Castle Doctrine) at a bunch of guys you see lurking around your property, and expect to not be charged with assault right along with them being charged with vandalism. That's the state where I hear the most about criminals successfully suing for injuries sustained during their crime. That kind of behavior that I saw on that site is out of line and ridiculous, and I just figured I'd make that perfectly clear.

Oh, and the general description of all wakeboarders as "drunkin packs" is utterly ridiculous. I constantly see familes out towing their kids behind these big wakeboard boats that fishermen are always complaining about, and personally, I've never once been on the boat with a "drunkin pack" of people. I know that they're out there, but they're not the core of the sport, and to label all of us like that is a jackass thing to do.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-15-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
I pretty much agree with everything you said there Nick, but your "... as I'm dragged along behind a crappy 22 foot deckboat" is funny!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
I think your profile says alot of how you feel on who is or isnt entitled to use the delta.

That being said in the past 2 weeks i have come across many ignorant boaters. There is one thing that fisherman do that is really dangerous. I have been riding and been followed right behind by fisherman. Less than 20 ft or so. This has happened on at least 5 occasions in the last 2 weeks. How would you feel if your kid was riding his bike and some guy in a car was following behind him like that? Take some time to think about that. I see more than any other type of boater them driving on the wrong side of the sloughs into turns which is a disater waiting to happen since they like to go near full speed everywere. This sat we were out riding and there were some fisherman fishing as we were passing they were going crazy telling us to go the other way to stay away from them. We were already well away from them and they were in no danger. What gives them the right to tell us were to go ride because they wanted the water to themselves?? I deal with weekend warriors, tubers and jetskiers all the time since its public and everyone is entitled to fun if they can do it safely i deal with it. I see fisherman more and more having a bad attitude towards wakeboarders, I have never met a wakeboarder who had bad feelings about fisherman because they were out there fising and having fun. I wave every time i pass one usually if im idleing Ill ask hows it going and such. Why such a chip on thier shoulders like your profile indicates??

oh and on my boat we dont mix drinking a riding a beer or two thru 4-6 hrs does not make us a drunkin pack.
Most cire wakeboarders have the utmost respect for everyone on the water. We are water people not just wakeboarders.

(Message edited by nsolis220 on September 15, 2008)
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
nick i agree totally, i wave to everyone we pass and if we are idling we always ask if the fishermen are having any luck and what they have caught, i mean, we like to fish, we have a fishing boat, we just don't use it because fishing cuts into our wakeboarding time. we pull kids with our boat, we try and be respectful of everyone on the water and hope everyone will do the same for us, doesnt always happen, but we can't control what others do.

(Message edited by corasky123 on September 15, 2008)
Old     (mellowman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
"and they get pissed off because we came within 20 feet of them, and 10 feet of the shoreline"

Sorry man, but I would have a real problem with this. In most states this is illegal.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-15-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
We too wave at everyone and try and be as conscious as possible of our wake near other boats, giving them a wide berth. But I try real hard to give the fisherman as much room as possible as they usually have real low freeboard boats.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Nick Schrein - "You cannot go waving a gun in the state of California (maybe in a state like Texas with the Castle Doctrine) at a bunch of guys you see lurking around your property"

So your saying out in California, if there are people lurking on your property you cant threaten them? So your saying that people can just walk around wherever they want on your property and you cant threaten them?
I love Texas

(Message edited by andy13 on September 15, 2008)
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
andy, you shouldn't go waving a gun unless you are ready to use it anyway

(Message edited by corasky123 on September 15, 2008)
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Ive never had problems with the bass boat fisherman, but have had some problems with some lowlifes that fish off the levees. They cast their line in the middle of the channel and then get all crazy when you run over it. They think we can see a clear thin line while traveling at 25mph. I had one guy threaten to shoot me. I really pissed him off when i said " why dont dont i just call fish and game to see what they have to say!" obviously he didnt have a fishing license since he immediately packed up and left.
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'm sorry, Andy I shouldn't be telling what you should or shouldn't do, just be careful and realize accidents happen and the person you are aiming your gun at may be ready to go and push you into something you aren't ready for
Old     (drrakruz)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
To all boaters who responded to this topic:

Since I am the one who started this, maybe I should be the one to end it before it gets way out of hand. What happened yesterday should be something that we should all be willing and able to learn from. Maybe I am being too optimistic.

To have a random boat pull up to me on a lake and explain to me that a boat club was "threatening to have my vehicle towed" is off the cuff. I have read enough posts on both web sites now to confirm that even after my opening statement that "there are good/bad bass boaters and good/bad wake boaters", the same scenario exists on the internet. I was hoping that after enough people had a chance to read and digest the scenario, someone or a group of "someones" would come forward and take ownership of what they did to my personal property. Instead of passing judgement and taking actions into their own hands, did it ever occur to this person or group that maybe they should have talked to the Park Ranger first? (by the way, I did mention this in my initial post as well) Common sense tells me yes. What I saw yesterday showed me differently. Maybe when the people who violated my property have their own children, they will understand this. Until then, how about applying some basic manners, say, a simple apology? Were the actions taken yesterday really necessary? Would you do the same thing again it if I were standing next to my rig with my three-year old daughter? I doubt it, but again, after yesterday, I can see that asking for a simple apology could be a hopeless request.

Your call. You know how to reach me now.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-15-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
is that your idea of tearing up the site???

weak. very weak.

"over such a trivial parking issue" you said it yourself, let it go.

"Until then, how about applying some basic manners, say, a simple apology?"
Are you demanding the public apologize? sure: we're sorry.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Nacho I think its a stand up thing for Steve to do. He is right people act like idiots sometimes. If your man enough to do something like that then you should sack up and say sorry or f off. Either way be a man. Its stupid to mess withy peoples things shows no respect.

Steve I think its great you are saying eneough is enough theres no room for boaters to egg each other on. Its very immature thing for someone to do. Let the proper authorites handle something if they have a problem but we all make mistakes and you parking over the line some is not a reason to go crazy. People never put things in perpective and think what if had happended to me or my family. I think though you should put a similar post on the bass site i checked after you did this one and saw that you hadnt and people were talking crazy about what they would do or wanted to do. There are some hot heads there. Sorry you had something dumb like this happen it couldnt been worse lets all be glad it didint and respect each other and our property.
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
I hope your not talking to me Nick(solis220). I really don't care who uses the river for pleasure. What I do care about is my tax dollars going to repair the damage to levees that the incredible wakes make. Not to mention the safety factor when a 4ft. roller hits my boats and basically floods it. Thats just uncalled for. You could stop well before you get to me or idle past when your recovering from a fall and begin again. As is (and again I just brush it off) most wake boats just hit the power turn throw a bigger wake than most of the surf breaks lately and hit it up again without any concern for the boat you just wailed.

(Message edited by justind on September 15, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Mellow man, in a 60-80 foot channel with sharp inclines on either side and a whole lot of trees sticking out into the water, the 50 foot law loses much of it's application bro. You want to get angry at someone because you have to take up a huge section of a narrow channel so you can troll when they try to weave through, go right on ahead, but there isn't really anything you can do there. It may have been more like 30-40 feet, I don't know. The first time it happened was in one of the narrowest points of the lake, and I was filming, so I didn't have the best perspective on distance, but I do know that it was not 50 feet, and we were about as close to the shoreline as is safe on that lake. And he cussed out our rider. What do you do in a situation like that? The first times that that happened, we had been riding that line for the past two hours when the troller showed up. He cast lines out on either side of his boat stretching out across the lake making it darn near impossible to drive down the line, not just for us, but for any boat, other fishermen included, without breaking the 50 foot law. You ever tried to tow someone through a crack like that? I don't particularly care to do that, but being the boat with the rider behind us, we become the less maneuverable vehicle, and in VA, that gives the boat with the rider the right of way. We shouldn't have to stop and idle with a rider when the water is 45 degrees because he's trolling at the beginning of the one stretch of lake that leads to our docks, which is where we were headed.

Steve, I know exactly how you seem to be feeling, but unless you have some kind of proof that the people who did this are members of Wakeworld, your calls for that apology are going to be fruitless man, I'm sorry about that. I've had people mess with my stuff and it makes me just as angry, but I really doubt you'll hear anything from anyone on this site. I've seen people man up to doing some jackass things here before, but I doubt they're a member here, unless you know for a fact that they are a poster on wakeworld.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Justin, I wasn't addressing that to you, but our Wakeboard Club on Claytor lake does not power turn, because it effs up the line. Also, we have been riding behind a 19 foot Malibu Ski boat. Try to tell me how that oh so huge ski roller that we're sending out is flooding your boat.

I don't live in Cali, so I was not addressing you, I was addressing the old fishermen who roam Claytor Lake on the weekedays acting like they own the place.

Edit: sorry bout that Justin, thought you were calling me out because of the trying to get through the lake being taken up by the old man trolling....

(Message edited by wakeboardern1 on September 15, 2008)
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
please correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt a boat with a rider/skier have the right-of-way over a boat that does not?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-15-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Your post makes it sound like the people who messed with your stuff are on this site. Despite the name, not everyone in the "wake world" posts on Wakeworld.com, the website. Calling people rude for not apologizing for something they did not do is a bit ludicrous. They know how to reach you, but do you know how to reach them? Clearly not. That being said... On behalf of all wakeboarders everywhere, I'm sorry you had a bad run in with a group of us. I promise not to mess with your trailer.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
justin I was talking about you and if you knew anything about this site you know that power turning is all of our pet peave!!! its unsafe, wastes gas and makes the water bad for everyone. If your out on the delta much you know that the biggest wakes come from the crusiers and yaughts not wake boats. All boats make a wake. If you think evreyone should stop before they get to you and your boat that crap why should everyone else have to accomodate you. Get a boat that floats or one that doesnt sit a ft out of the water and you wont have to worry about rollers flooding your boat. My boat sits really low and i never take on water. The delta is for eveyone we all pay taxs i guarrantee i pay more than you do and all wakes have an effect.should bass boats be the only ones in the water????

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-15-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
"He is right people act like idiots sometimes."
No kiddin. Apparantly, there are idiot fishermen too! WHo would've thought. They're gonna pop a cap if someone touches the tow strap.

Were they in the wrong? Of course. i'm from Texas as well. The bottom line when you have laws like we do, you don't touch other people's property. Too bad more states don't have laws like ours, maybe Stevo wouldn't have rocks on his tires. (who cares?)

THe mature thing to do would have been to tell the Park Ranger and then load a fat dip and forget about it. Not start a thread on your favorite website, wake boat wars??? come on dude, let it go.
Old    K.B.C.            09-15-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Justin, wake boat wakes are tiny in comparison to the yachts that drive around at 15 mph through the Delta...
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
I'm not accusing anyone on this site of doing anything I'm simply stating what I see on a weekly basis (4+ times a week). I don't care really either if you stop or not I just want people to be cautious and if you throw me in the drink to take sec and make sure I'm okay. I'm very courteous on the river I signal wave arms do whatever to make sure you know I see your rider. As far as tax dollars go I pay a healthy sum (maybe not more than you but who cares)so why personally attack me because if thats what you want i drive a yellow basscat (only one around) feel free to stop and "chat" sometime. I'm sure we can figure the situation out the old-fashion way.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
I'll take you up on that one Justin. Just let me go grab my jeep and I'll be up there in oh say, five or six days, assuming I don't get lost in the cross country shuffle. I hope you're ready for this, cause we're gunna rumble, Greaser and Socs style yo!

As a disclaimer, I'm just joking around, gotta try to lighten the mood here a little bit....
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
I'm sorry I'm just really annoyed right now with the crap thats always talked about on both sides. We as bass fisherpeople follow close, speed thru turns, ect.....You are rider/drivers cut big waves, mess up fishing spots (some of us fish for money), ect....One good thing is that after i go fishing in the morning I go over to the nearest watering hole and join in the wakes partying so I can't complain to much. If you have ever been to the delta you'd see what were talking about as far as room/safety ect. Pretty tight here. Actually there was 2 groups of people out boarding a few weeks ago here and a fight errupted at the dock and unfortunately a person was ran over and killed so maybe we all need to tone it down a little (myself included).
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
We never feel the 'hate' from the fisherman in our little corner of the Delta. It seems like most of them are used to sharing the D' with us, the big cruisers, and all the rest of the crazies.

Same from us in return. I haven't seen a fisherman blow up butter with a powerturn yet, can't say the same for Willy Wakesetter and his weekend fun bunch.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
"watching wakeboarders destroy the delta one pass at a time" Wow Justin your on the wrong site to be saying that. And seriously I wonder how much of your tax dollars are really going to repairing levy's. More than likely next to nothing when you consider how many other things your tax dollars are used for. Im sure if the general public knew half the stuff our tax dollars were used for we would be enraged. I mean you must be pretty tough to call someone out using a keyboard. Some people call them keyboard cowboys. Come on man seriously your 34 grow up and please be open minded and have some respect
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
Nice to see another delta rat here....I want to say that the river has some of the best riders around and I am completely amazed at some of the tricks I see pulled off and trust me I cheer when i get to see the insane stuff. I have nothing but love for everyone one the river (the girls don't hurt either) just a lot of accidents this year so please everyone on the delta be careful. Something like 25 fatalities this year alone.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
in no way was I attacking you or was it meant to come off as such. What i was doing is questioning your logic on this matter and your motives of posting here.

I have never had my wake toss someone in the water, if it ever did i would be the first one to jump in with the throw pad to help you and anyone on board out. If i see a fisherman i adjust the line we are going on to go as far away as we can safely. I find it weird that you are making one stand and now saying that you do all the right things. That is great if you do thats what we need people who understand how to be curteous of each other and how to safley communicate such as the hand up to say you see them down. Now you just sound like you dont like the idiots that endanger everyone and are selfish which we all on here can agree with. Its people who dont know what there doing that are the problem on the water ways not true sportsman that are out all of the time. I just dont like when people act like thier rights are more important then yours and if that isnt you we dont have a problem nor should we ever.
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Dave I said that just to get a little spice going....But seriously look at the emergency fund that Cal has going to repair levy work. Not to mention if one were to break the amount of homes from Sac down to Tracy that could be flooded. Now put your home near one. Thats where I stand. I watched a levy being repaired last winter and now the same area has been erroded away again and the Corp. is once again out doing emergency repair work. The Corp. contributes this costly repair to unusually high wakes created directly as a result of pleasure boats. Now that may or may not be from wakeboard boats just the facts they released to all of us living in the levy's flood plane. As far as keyboard cowboy thing whatever. I'm completely open-minded and have owned a few different type of boats (ski, cruiser, fishing) and respect everyone's choice to do whatever tickles their fancy just don't make attacks it personal and I totally feel Nick did. I never made any reference to an individual. A good discussion is all I'm after.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hahaha I read through the posts on western bass club or whatever and one guy says wakeboarders travel in packs of drunks. That's really funny being that the dealership I work for sponsors a tournament every year and before they hit the water at like 6am theyre packing beers into there 80mph bass boats. I would love to have kept that to myself but it drives me crazy how people love to stereotype wakebaorders.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 3:03 PM Reply   
seeing as how i live directly on a levee in the water i am concearned about breaks but i also know and see while either on my porch or out in my boat people driving all sorts of boats that have wakes that hit the shore. If people throw out statements to get opinion going then them offering up thier own opinion isnt a attack its an rebuttal. When you come and post on a site to get a little spice going and are doing so from a position putting down what we do for our fun then you better belive you will get responses back especially if your the only one one here making statements like that who else would we be responding to?? If there was more than one person saying that then it would be a general opinion. Again I was not attacking you but only stating what you were saying is not true and why.

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-15-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Justin, first off its a levee. A levy is when you don't pay your taxes.

Secondly, as was mentioned before, wakeboats aren't the biggest boats on the water and this erosion topic has been beat to death more than once. Also, I'm wondering how many factors there are when you're talking about how fast a levee erodes. And if "pleasure boats" (you mean wakeboats ;) ) are the real concern, then the levee would be constructed to withstand it. But, they struck out again, something else is happening to your levee than wakeboats!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
I can respect that justin. Just feel that your quote on your profile is a bit uncalled for thats all. If I lived on the delta I would be just as concerned as you, but would you see me going onto a bass fisherman site and in my profile saying that Fisherman should be banned from lakes or some lame remark like yours. No, you wouldnt and please dont take it personal, its just a bit uncalled for especially when you have huge 30 foot day cruiser that cruise the delta pumping out the same wakes. In your quote your singleing out wakeboarders as the reason for this errosion and IMO thats far from a fair statement.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
It gets better. drracruz thinks we just don't get the point, and he's apparently saving up a doozy of a post to come and set us all straight.

'Cruz...we do get the point, we just aren't as hung up on it as you guys and the conversation has evolved. Perhaps our forum moves a little too fast for the average fisherman.

Nobody here advocates messing with your trailer. It sucks, but we didn't do it. Care to share any info on the so called 'club' that did this?
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Not to worried and obvisely ALL boats displace some sort of wake but lets be real. I am in no way putting down your fun and agree that wakeboarding is so much fun but like everything there is always a spoiler (I just love to stir the pot). How about this....We all just do whatever the f we all want and who ever gets hurt or pissed then oh well. Sounds good to me. I spend 1000 hours or so on the river a year so works for me. I love being lawless. JK. Sorry Nacho I meant levee...I hate spelling and grammar errors just a little hurried. Sorry.

(Message edited by justind on September 15, 2008)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
"I am in no way putting down your fun" yet your profile says "watching wakeboarders destroy the delta one pass at a time" Am I missing something?? Hmmmmm Im over this thread. Some people are just strange
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-15-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
He better be careful, "Us wakeboarders hang out in packs"
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Oh, and how horrible is the pile of ads at the top of their forum!?! If Dave W ever whores out WW to the same extent as WB I call first dibs on leading the mutiny.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
so wait, if hes that mad, and theres cameras around... THEN WHY NOT LOOK AT THEM!?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Sorry had to just post one last time. But OMG is that a beer in the fishermans hand and his buddy flippin the bird??? NO WAY! NOT FISHERMAN! I THOUGHT THEY WERE PERFECT
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
Okay thats not fair so I changed my profile. I was wrong to put up something so Obamaish. (That should spark another thread). I'm not defending anything said on WB because I do not necessarily agree with all thats said there either. I just posted on here to see what you all have to say on the subject. I just have never heard anything as rude as what they did to the guy at this lake and what your "group" felt about it.
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
I wish I had a microphone Sunday so I could have posted a recording of a guy (in a blue/white malibu) that was calling out on a bullhorn to his rider about a little tube boat, "the a**hole that I'm gonna chop up is coming up". Mind you he had 3 little kids on the boat, his wife/girl, and a camera guy. Not thats class. This was down near Victoria Canal for all you DRA members. All this goes both ways lets just let a hurt dog die.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-15-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Nate, the first thing I thought when I went to that website, "Damn, finally somebody with more ads than WakeWorld!!" Too funny! :-)
Old     (fishrman)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Its all about having some class when on the water. there are plenty of a-hole bass fisherman too. Respect other peoples property, and learn to live with each other. Its too bad that some wakeboard guys are complete idiots, and have no respect for others. (not saying any of you, but a small group can ruin all wakeboarders image to fisherman. But as i said Theres idiots in both groups. STAY OFF MY WATER!!! jk
Old     (justind)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Was on the Delta Sunday and a guy on a single waterski kicked out a huge rooster tail and just missed soaking me and my buddy in his new Basscat, I know we would have chased him down and gave the guy heck but that would have been it. I read about a month or 2 ago on the Delta in a parking lot one guy bumped a guy and that guy went and got his truck and trailor and ran the other guy over in the parking lot. One guy is dead and one guy is in prison. 4 years ago at Lake Shasta I was ripped off for $900.00 of camping, fishing & tools, my brother parked next to me about $700.00. I don't think its going to get better so we better use our heads!!!, we should not be sissy's but we really need to think before we react. I have been in situations that in seconds things went way further than I wanted them to and more than I expected.

The funny thing about this post is that it was me in the Basscat.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
I can't believe Joe hasn't posted yet. Not even Frakenstein eating popcorn.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
That's actually the Joker from the cartoon batman series... Close enough though.
Old     (drrakruz)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Nate (Mammoth, and all others who have shown concern for this situation),

First, let's set the facts straight. I want to be CRYSTAL CLEAR about what happened yesterday. Before I even decided to post, I spoke with one of my best friends and Chiropractor, Dr. Gary Kelly, Father of Chris Kelly who, by the way, competitively wake boards. Dr. Kelly suggested I post to this sight to see if anyone knew of a wake board club who was at Lake Clementine yesterday. It was in his opinion combined with 35 + years of wake boating experience, that whomever pulled the teenage prank stepped way over the line. Some of the people have already acknowledged that and I appreciate that. As for the comment to the surveillance cameras, they don't exist. It is simply a deterrent. This is also factual as revealed by the Park Manager, yet another reason for not knowing who did it. How do I know that a wake boater did it? Refer back to my opening message when I stated that "Some guy in a wake board boat flags me down and asks me if I owned a blue Tahoe". I said yes. "He said there was a WAKE BOAT BOAT CLUB threatening to have my vehicle towed because I was less than a foot out of the designated parking marks. That was probably my first clue that a wake boat owner was ticked because I was, in their opinion, "Not parked to meet their standards". Yet another fact, the note that was on my window, "Nice park job, hope you don't catch any fish!" I don't know how much more evidence I need in order to ask for some help from this web site trying to figure out who did it or which "CLUB" threatened to have my rig towed? Does it bother me? Yes. Am I over it? Yes. Will it happen to me again? Probably not. Will it happen to someone in the future? More than likely. Will the person react like me and ask for a little help? My guess would be no. Could I have retaliated? Sure, but why? That would put me on the same level as one of the CLUB members on LAKE CLEMENTINE ON SUNDAY, BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7:30 AND 9:30 A.M.

As Dave Rogers stated on Western Bass, "I don't think its going to get better so we better use our heads!!!, We should not be sissys but we really need to think before we react". This topic should be a lesson to all about awareness and decisions made out of anger and egos that potentially could result in jail or death. When people start reacting on situations before they analyze them, that's when the carp hits the fan. No, that's not a typo; I meant to spell "carp" out of respect to this site.

To reiterate, I did in fact report this to the Park Manager. He saw the condition that my rig was in when I showed him. I said he THOUGHT he may have an idea as to who did it, not that he knew EXACTLY who did it. The State's water levels, or lack thereof, is putting the squeeze on ALL boaters. I believe this is a "heads-up" for all who are on the water to be safe and refrain from the juvenile acts and empty threats that I experienced yesterday. Here's the kicker; I was only on the water for 4 hours. On at 6:30, off at 10:30. That is my usual summer routine so I don't get slammed into the banks. I am experienced enough to realize that it would be impossible to stay on Clementine for a whole day during Summer. 4 hours out of a 13 hour day? Not a whole lot of time to fish considering the wake boats have the better part of the whole day to do their thing.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
real wakeboarders are off the lake by 11 am most days the water is crap by then. The only people that ride when the families are ou there tubing and the drunks are crusing around are the wannabes that dont know any better and dont know what there doing. You dont have to sit right next to the shoreline to fish thats just a preferance. I dont even know of a wakeboard club at all so that sounds pretty generic. Now it sounds like someone complaining. i wish no one was on the water except for a few fisherman that are floating there fishing but its public so that doesnt work. It seems like people need to have private places to go so they could be happy and do only what they want to do

Old    walt            09-15-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Steve,
I think we all understand your anger and I feel bad for you. Who ever did this was way out of line period !

I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of fishermen and wakeboarders and damn near all of them are good people. Like it was stated earlier there are always a few bad apples and I know you understand that.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
Your right Nick your not a real boarder if you cant get out on the water before 11am. Fricken wannabes they should just get rid of there rigs they work hard for and not board at all.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
byron who rides on a small lake when its like a washing machine who knows anything about wakeboarding. Thats how you get hurt. what fun is that? If you can find a cove thats a lot different.

i guess i should have said weekend warriors instead. but even they get out of bed early to get flat water.

Old     (bassboat)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ok just so you all know i have wake boat and fish for a living .I am on the water 280 day a year in my bass boat and 20-30 on the other.I have seen all the things people will do.And 95% of the bad is done by rec boaters that dont care.They have the whot are they going to do about it aditude .The reasons why fishermen hate wb boats,
1] Bass live in shalow water and when a wb gets close the wake slams the bass boat on to shore
2]wb boats go back and forth over the same areas and make it hard to fish .
3]Have no respect for the lake i.e trash,dish soap for bindings,glass.

Fishing and wakeboarding are allways going to but heads.But the real question is who is the problem ?
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
in an ideal world we would have enough space for everyone to be on thier own. the reality is there isnt and we all have to give and take. I give by going out early. i give by when i dont i have more traffic and choppy water. The fisherman can go in much more shallow water then my boat can i need to run in atleast 9 ft to have a good wake. They can take by going into very shallow areas and never have a wakeboat pass. They have to give by maybe moving further away from the shore maybe a few more ft. Give by dropping anchor so they dont move as much.

Only older bindings require any lube now days and there are many alternatives to soap that are better for the enviorment.

Most people I know take care of the water dont trash it and bring back with them the trash they bring out with them. i have seen lots of fisherman on the delta far enough away from the levee so they dont come close to slamming. I wouldnt want to damage someones boat ever.

I agree 95% of the problem is the people that go out once a month and have no clue what thier doing.

The real problem is we all want a perfect world and dont live in one.

being on the delta 6 days a week. I see more other types of boats then wakeboard boats with the racks full of boards. They include the cruisers whose wakes are twice the size of ours. We do go back and forth. I guess on the bright side of that is were not somewere else and just in that area.

Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
I was just kidding Nick. I know most of us have to get up early to get good water, its just the way you said it I was making fun of.
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-15-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
This should not have happened. We should be accepting of everyone and their hobbies.

But my view may not count as I am Canadian and we allow gay marriage.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-15-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
It seems to be the same select handfull of wakeboarders disrespecting around my lake.Ive also had several conflicts with fishing boats too.
I learned to leave before these people show up.Best water is in the morning anyways.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
http://wakeboardnashville.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1127
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-16-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
ryan that's too cute

ok maybe i am just a weekend warrior (my husband and I work 40 hours a week through the week), but we have to keep our day jobs to pay for our toys, I get home at 6:30pm, it starts getting dark around 8:30, it takes me 20 minutes to drive to the lake, then you add in time to load the boat in/out of the water (no lights at our ramp), sorry but it just doesn't work. We get up at 7:00 on sat and sun to ride the smooth water. but yes, only on the weekends, so i guess that qualifies me as a "weekend warrior", whatever i love to ride and would be on the lake riding every day if i could afford it. that doesn't make us any less respectful. we still exercise what's called common courtesy
and i have NEVER trashed the lake, i love the lake, i keep trash bags in the boat for trash, we don't use soap on our bindings.
whatever, the point is, we know that the guys who trashed the rig were wrong, i think we are all in agreeance with that, point is now, don't come to a wakeboarders website bashing wakeboarders and expect to not piss people off

(Message edited by corasky123 on September 16, 2008)
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
sooo whos excited for the NHL season coming up?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-16-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting Steve. I think coming on here is a step most wouldn't have bothered with.
Kiley, I'm wondering if the Flames trades are going to muck us up or help the consistency. I really enjoyed having Nolan on the team as there aren't many with his work ethic in the playoffs. He'll help the Wild.
Oops, was that last part off topic?
Old     (corasky123)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-16-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
I think I will be cheering on the Rangers. (note to self, start watching hockey again)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-16-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Steve, I don't think anyones cares about the facts at this point. You're out of line.

Ducks: any teams rumored to be looking at Schneider (on waiver)?

(Message edited by denverd1 on September 16, 2008)
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-16-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
MN Wild. THough we lost Rolston, however we have Brunette which should be good. By the way Art, Phanneuf (spelling?) is a freakin cannon, did you see the Flames vs Wild game where he spidered the glass twice in a period? one was form the defensive blue line! Rolston was up there too in power