Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    allanofcalifornia            07-24-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Does any one have pictures and/or can describe the wake or tell of your experience wakeboarding behind the Nautique 211, Mastercraft x-10 or the 2005 Mastercraft x-2. Are they much different? I know the wakes behind the older x-2 are great but how are the wakes of the cc 211 and mc x-10? Can you have fun wakeboarding and surfing behind all of these? Is the distance between the wakes behind the cc 211 or x-10 too wide so you have to wakeboard a lot closer to the boat? Is the wake behind the x-10 or 211 too short and steep so you will crash a lot? Are they all clean wakes? Are boat owners who do a lot of wakeboarding/surfing happy with their x-10 or cc 211?

Any information and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Allan
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Here's my thoughts on the 211:

The wake is wide like a Malibu, but not super wide.

You can surf on the wake, left or right side, no problem.

The wake is not short and steep, it is long and rampy. The cool thing about this wake is that when you load the boat up with an additional 1,000 lbs. of ballast the wake gets really thick and hard. But, the wake is still really rampy and non-intimidating. You can come edging in like a bat out of hell and not worry about getting bucked. Also, there is no trough between the wake and the flats to crush your kness and back on. I rode behind a weighted 210 once and I was scared crapless edging into that bad-ass wake!

All and all, the 211 wake is very mellow, very predictable, and very good. It has more than enough pop, and it is great for all level of riders.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-24-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
I have an extra 700+/- in my 211. Feedback has been a really big smile and a "I really like that wake." comment from everyone. I agree with nautyboy, not as steep as a 210 not as rampy as a Bu. Don't know about surfing, haven't tried it behind her yet. We're just having too much fun riding.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-24-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
what's wrong with bucking? :-)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Exactly my thoughts Wes...
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm a little late on this but here goes. I have a 211 with 2255 LBS of ballast total. we ride at 24.5 MPH, 85 feet out and the wake plate set to 3 wake board. Usally two peope in boat plus rider. This wake is solid, it has a good transition with great pop. My wake has a nice buck at the top.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
I have ridden many times behind all of these boats; 95-03 210, 04 vlx, 05 vlx, 06 x-2, and i own an 05 211. My advice is to get the weight, speed, and rope length right for any one of them because they will only be good when you have these things dialed in. They each can suck or be great depending on how you have everything setup. Weight placement forward/back can also change the steepness of the wake in any of these. I think they are all great wakes when setup right.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
i dont know too much about the x-10 but i am familiar with the 05 x2 (tim day) and the 05 211 (mine)... we both weigh each others down about the same (stock plus 14-16 bag of lead @ 600 lbs)...

the x-2 is a smige bigger and nice ramp... the 211 is a bit steeper with a bit of a kicker on the top (not quite like a 210)..

in regards to surfing - the x-2 (set up regular) is really big and really clean with a hugh pocket...the 211 (goofy setup) is incredible (almost barrel) - regular setup is very good but not as good as the x-2..

btw, the x-2 is a awesome boat to drive - one of the funnest hands down (lots of feedback - like a bmw)... my 211 drives nice (solid like a benz)

hope that helps..