Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-09-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
Right now I have a Hyperlite Motive 134. I weight about 180, and I need a bigger board. Right now I am working on consistent 180s both ways, HS 3's, HS Backrolls, and Tantrums. I ride behind a Pro Air Nautique, and I was looking for some advice from somebody with experience that has a suggestion for the next board I should get. I am basically looking at the Hyperlite Era, TFD, Temet, or even a bigger Motive, but am completely open to suggestions. Any advice from somebody that used to ride Motives or old Belmonts and switched to something else would be awesome. Oh, and I know that I need to demo them, I was just looking for some advice to maybe speed up the process.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-09-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
A bigger board will help you land them tricks. Think outside the (hyperlite) box. There are many other excellent choices. I used to ride the older Premier/Era. That's a great board. Since you ride a steep wake, you may want a mild rocker...or not. Demo a 3-stage and see if you like it.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-09-2004, 8:41 PM Reply   
Thanks, is there anything that I should do differently when I ride on a 3 Stage board? I think that the more up than out will fit my style more, but I guess I'll see. How do you like that Absolute, and what other boards would you reccomend that I try?

(Message edited by afwakepilot13 on February 09, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-10-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
I really haven't ridden that many boards. Since you haven't either, I recommend you demo until you find 'the one'. I can tell you the Absolute is my favorite so far and everyone I talk to that has ridden one loves it. It's completely different than your curent board. I also liked the Premier 140 and the Origin Swamp 140 (now Joyride).
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Ryan,

I rode the Motive for three years and loved everything about it except the pop. I couldn't find a three stage I liked, so I stuck with the Motive until last year. One day I tried the TFD, and absolutely loved it. I sold my Motive, and bought the TFD a couple days later. It has all of the forgiving characteristics of the Motive but pops like a three stage. Try it out when your demoing.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
i went from an old belmont 134/now motive to a 135 Premier/now era then to a 140 premier/now era..great transition i loved the extra pop the era/premier had and still been riding one now for the third season.cant go wrong with the premier shapes..

also to appease the HL haters, :-),i like the CWB Prodigy as well and for the core riders the 138 GB Ricky G model which is basically a ERA 136 for all intensive purposes..