Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawn_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-10-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
Just want to get on this web site and say that Malibu Boats are the best boat out there. For the last month or so I have been on this web site and others complaining about my Axis A22. I have also commented about where Malibu is headed. I wanted to take a few min and explain. My last three boats have had a lot of problems. I will not go into details about the problems. Not enough time But I do want to say that because of employees like the very nice customer service lady named Kerri and the Malibu rep named Gary that took care of my problems. They both went out of their way to help me. Even going as far as giving me their cell numbers. They are the best and that helps make Malibu boats the best. I will always come back and buy Malibu boats because of people like this.

Now let me talk about my boat dealer. They are the best boat dealer out there. They go above and beyond what anyone else would. I have had them meet me at their shop on a Sunday to work on my boat. I know that they do this for all their customer’s. With dealers like that Malibu cannot go wrong. The reason I went to the factory with my problem’s is because unlike some on this website. I do not feel like this is a dealer problem. My boat came this way from the factory and it should not. They cost too much money for them to look like mine did.

That being said while I was at the shop yesterday they got in a new Axis A22. This boat looked great. I had a little time so I looked it over and liked what I saw. There was another very nice employee named Matt that had brought it down from the plant. My dealer said he had a lot to do with Axis. Very nice guy that took time to talk to me about Axis and tell me they would take care of any problems. Another good reason to keep buying Malibu’s.

I hope that this might have cleared up some questions that people might have had about my postings. I love Malibu Boats but more than anything I love my dealer. If they were to quit selling Malibu’s I would buy whatever the sell.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I’m just an old Tennessee redneck so I hope the spelling and grammar are ok. Have a great weekend and spend some time on the water with Family and friends. That is what this sport is all about.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-10-2011, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_scott View Post
How would the dealer know about a boat starting on its own. How would the dealer know about the wedge going down on its own. How would a dealer know about the window. Dealer does not install decal on side. Yes the dealer should fix these issues. But the boat should not come in looking like this. I have bought 14 Malibu boats and now have an axis. I help prep the boats when the come in. The boats coming from Malibu right now are not the best.
Malibu makes a nice boat, that's for sure. But I'm not sure how you can say they are #1 given the quotes you have stated (correctly) in the very recent past.

I just keep reading post after post about quality control issues at the factory. In another post you mentioned the new ownership. Maybe that's the problem... the company is owned by bankers, not boat people.

Anyway, I hope they turn things around. I have always liked Malibu. Sounds like you've had good customer service from some folks at Malibu, and your comments about a strong dealer cannot be overstated. But you shouldn't need all that factory help on a new boat. I bet you didn't need to cal the factory on your other Malibus.

Last edited by ixfe; 06-10-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-10-2011, 11:01 PM Reply   
I'm in TN. I'd like to know what dealer you go to. I am on my second Malibu. I love the boat but personally I hate my local dealers here in middle TN and do everything possible not to have do deal with them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-11-2011, 3:29 AM Reply   
HE'S from cleveland it's near chattanooga Tennessee.South eastern Tennessee
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-11-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
I don't really understand the point of this thread, but marine outfitters is the malibu/axis dealer in that area
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Parker, I assume since he is from Cleveland, the dealer would be Marine Outfitters. I have always heard good things about them, but I don't really have any experience with the shop.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-11-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
Im confused, are you saying that your last three boats have been malibus? And they have all had problems? Yet you still think theyre the best boat out there? Your one dedicated consumer.
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
Marine Outfitters is a great dealer. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They do indeed go above and beyond for the customer.

That being said, there are some things that a dealer cannot provide no matter how hard they try. Sometimes the factory is the only way to get things fixed. And I think that is what Shawn is talking about in this instance. In my opinion, Malibu has let some things get out of hand when it comes to quality control. It is instances such as this that will get the company's attention.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2011, 2:47 PM Reply   
Let me get this straight Malibu is #1 because they finally fixed your boat after having to take it back to the factory ? I'm glad Nautique isn't #1. My 08 210 has never been back for anything but then its only got 260 hours on it. Maybe after it breaks in something will go wrong.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Wtf???
Old     (shawn_scott)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-11-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Your a good one Reaves but you have no idea I will give you a call and tell you about it .. By the way we need to get together and ride Yes I'm a dedicated Malibu owner. I have had 14 malibu's in the last 10 years. As long as Marine outfitters sells them I will buy them. Malibu is number one because of there wake and there the best selling boat on the market. I'm glad you have not had any problems with your boat ,Nautique makes a great boat. I just can not afford one I'm poor!!!! DBC you nailed it.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-11-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
I ended up paying less for my super air than the malibu. The top boats are all good using the term #1 is relative. Each builder has some advantages and shortcomings over the other. If there really was a #1 it would be built out of the best parts of all the boats.
Old     (jmanst15)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-12-2011, 10:54 PM Reply   
even then, the best parts from the best boats is a subjective term. Its all your personal preference!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-13-2011, 5:44 AM Reply   
I always heard Malibus were made with left over Mastercraft parts.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
Malibu has been the number one selling boat brand for years! What do you mean when you say you "hope they turn it around?"

I don't know the details of Shawn's history with boats, but I share his love for Malibu, and our dealer Boat Country is also great to deal with. The people are great.

We have a new 2011 LSV. Not a single complaint. The boat is solid. It's down right luxurious, quiet, and is a pleasure to drive, and ride behind.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-13-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_scott View Post
YYes I'm a dedicated Malibu owner. I have had 14 malibu's in the last 10 years. As long as Marine outfitters sells them I will buy them. I'm glad you have not had any problems with your boat ,Nautique makes a great boat. I just can not afford one I'm poor!!!! DBC you nailed it.
You're poor because you've owned 14 Malibu's in the last 10 years. Try holding on to a boat for longer than a year and I guarantee you'll pay a lot less interest on all those loans.