Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Anyone ever buy one?

I hate hate hate Itunes and ipod too for that matter.... I wanted something that played almost any file format and didn't want to sacrifice my Archos 5 to the boat (which is an awesome player btw) so I got one of the knock offs yesterday for like $15.50 off ebay... I had looked at some youtube reviews and most seemed fairly positive... I figured I would just keep it in the boat and if it got wrecked I'm only out $15...

It does have a 1 year warranty covering everything.... I guess in 5-14 business we'll see how shotty it seems.
Old    bigdtx            03-30-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Link? I bought a cheapo from hong kong for my daughter a couple of years ago for about 20 bucks. It didn't last very long - maybe 6 months before the battery quit charging. She's got a cheapo sansa now that is holding up pretty good.

Last edited by bigdtx; 03-30-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Here is the link:
https://bl2prd0102.outlook.com/owa/r...3d320508718488

It is a cheapo from Hong Kong.... doesn't sound promising
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-30-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
That would be a link to your webmail.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
takes me to the ended ebay item.
this maybe better
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320508718488
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-30-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Um,, Nick,,
Your out a lot more then $15 bux if it is a POS or gets ruined.. Your paying 31.90 in shipping for a total of 46.90.
Then when it breaks, and you have a warranty claim here is the response your going to get..
"we so sorry your not happy with our super fun product. We ship new one when you ship broken one back to us. You pay shipping charge of $32.00 and take many weeks." May be worth a gamble, but most of the hong kong location items are crap covered in fail sauce.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
I had an ebay deal where I got free shipping (up to $50.00) so I didn't have to pay that shipping price.

If it dies I'll prob just scrap it, but I figured for a boat beater $15 wasn't all that bad.

My problem is I HATE HATE HATE Ipods... and my other mp3 players I just don't trust in the boat or are harder to use if you are not use to it.... so then people struggle to change music and end up having nothing on while I ride.... I just don't wanna risk my Archos, its my baby, so I figured a Ipod touch interface is basically retard proof and 32g should be plenty.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
... it may day in 15 min, if I get 3 months out of it I will be plenty happy.

Our boat headunit got soaked so its stuck on AUX, so an mp3 player is are only real option expcept buying another headunit... but I really like the one we have, all the important buttons and volume knob are really big so its pretty boat friendly.

I'll post up when I get it to see if its just trash or if it was worth the $15
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-01-2010, 10:20 PM Reply   
So this post is a little off topic, but I just bought a zune HD after my second ipod stopped working on me (and this time the guys at apples 'idiot' bar told me the drive failure was normal, 1 month out of warranty) and I am very impressed and happy about it. I paid 175$ but also bought a square trade warranty just in case. The one thing that I think you will miss with the 15$ fake players is the programs that they come with because they'll lack support.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I've just never been a fan of Ipods -- I hate the ACC nonsense, and having Itunes and your Ipod be best little buddies, but no other friends.... their service maybe good but too much other **** to deal with

I had a creative zen for like 5 years until that died.... it was the best, it showed up like a flash drive and I could just drag and drop, and it played EVERYTHING

The archos 5 I have now is just like it but better.... 500gb hard drive is the best part, can act as a DVR and record in 720p HD, web browsing.... just awesome.

I just figured this thing with the touch screen is about as straight forward to use as can be.... so anyone on the boat change stuff, if it makes it through summer I'll be happy as a clam.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
So this post is a little off topic, but I just bought a zune HD after my second ipod stopped working on me (and this time the guys at apples 'idiot' bar told me the drive failure was normal, 1 month out of warranty) and I am very impressed and happy about it. I paid 175$ but also bought a square trade warranty just in case. The one thing that I think you will miss with the 15$ fake players is the programs that they come with because they'll lack support.
My first generation iPod Touch screen stopped working after it was out of warranty for one month. It actually costs $20 less than a new one would cost me. IMO, if you can stay away from Apple, do so...
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-03-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Slight thread hijack:

I love my ZUNE,but doesnt anyone make a head unit that will run both the ipod AND the ZUNE?

ANYONE? ANYONE?
Old    wakeridinrob            04-04-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz View Post
Slight thread hijack:

I love my ZUNE,but doesnt anyone make a head unit that will run both the ipod AND the ZUNE?

ANYONE? ANYONE?
No. zunes are dead. they are like cassette tapes

BUT..... you could get a deck with a usb port in the front and just switch cables.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-11-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I know,but you have to manually control it.