Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Does anyone know where I can get one without straps so my gel coat doesn't take a beating?
06 Mobius LSV
Old     (ck73)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
I just picked up a new cover for my Supra from www.skiboatcovers.com for $500 check it out.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
Dan, You should not be towing with the cover that came from Skier's Choice. Trust me I was a little pissed off when I bought my Supra and was told it will scratch your gel coat.

The best are made by rankin.com.

They are very nice, and very $$$$. Probably around $950.00.

Nice thing is no straps and no poles and fit like a glove.

Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
corey,

Have you tried towing with that cover yet? How is the fit?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
yeah I know I don't tow with it and I looked at the rankin site and it didn't look like they make them for moombas
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-07-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Rankin will make them for any boat..... They will make one for a moomba I am sure.
Get out the wallet D Dub...... I have had a few and they are good so let me know if you have any questions on them... Disco has one too so maybe if you make it out some time you will see it
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-07-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
Rankin will not make one for ANY boat. I have a Sanger and asked if they would make one for my V215. They declined, saying it was a lot of work and they don't get enough requests for that model of boat to make it worth their time.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-07-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
try covercrafts

i guess he used to work at rankin and is starting his own thing.

I wish I would have bought a covercraft over a rankin, but I did not know about it then.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Rankin makes the best cover out there. I've had mine for three seasons in all weather conditions, and it's holding up great. Your looking at around a grand if you want one.

As for Moomba...

Upload
Upload
Old     (ck73)      Join Date: May 2006       06-08-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hi Mike just got my cover last night it fits great right of of the box with the three cover bows I had for my old cover,my buddy has a Calabria with a Rankin cover and my new cover fits almost as tite as his dose, For a few less $$$ than a Rankin cover I just need to add some ropes not strape for haulling it over the pass.
I am going to lake Chelan this weekend its a three hundred mile round trip for me, I will let you all know how it gose.
Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       06-13-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
corey,

What's the verdict with the cover? Is it acceptable for towing?
Old     (ck73)      Join Date: May 2006       06-15-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Dunno yet the weather blows in Seattle so havent left the driveway yet. going to try and rip it up Saturday then I will let you know