Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (cupeters)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about moving to AZ (Scottsdale), where is the best place to ride that is close with good water? Does ayone know of any lakes that offer water front living in that area??
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-29-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
No living on a lake in scottsdale. Bartlett is the best place to ride. Glassy during the week. Its amazing.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-29-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Stay in sacramento! Az lakes are to busy...
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-29-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
there are some private ski lakes out here, but VERY expensive. I almost want to say that last I heard, you are looking at 800K for the property on one of the private lakes. you can't live on any of the lakes out here.

Also, everyone always says they are moving to scottsdale, but when they get here, they end up moving to Mesa, Gilbert or Chandler. Scottsdale is pretty costly, but maybe you can find some good deals these days.

Either way, you are looking at Bartlett, Saguaro, Pleasant, Apache, Lake Roosevelt. Google them and check it out.
Old     (cupeters)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
thanks, what do you think about Havasu?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-29-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
How far are the lakes from Scottsdale? I was just there last week for the first time and I didn't see much of any water anywhere!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-29-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
From Mesa - 20 minutes to Saguaro, 1 hour & 20 minute to Roosevelt, 45 minutes to Pleasant, 45 minutes to Bartlett.

Scottsdale you are closer to bartlett and pleasant.

Havasu sucks for boarding I think, but fun to take your boat out there with a bunch of people. I guess maybe we woke up at wrong times or tried to board on the weekends, who knows. It sure it cool to hang out there and or cruise all over the lake.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Curtis - if you need an agent down there, PM me. I've got a good friend that I would not hesitate to recommend.

T
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-30-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   

quote:

By Keith (hawaiianstiln) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 6:11 pm:

there are some private ski lakes out here, but VERY expensive. I almost want to say that last I heard, you are looking at 800K for the property on one of the private lakes. you can't live on any of the lakes out here.

Hey Keith,
You are close, but you can buy this house for only $599,000! Of course you have to live in Buckeye...lol

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

36444 S Hwy 85 -- 16 Buckeye, AZ 85326
Residential
Single Family - Detached
Active

Beds/Baths: 4 / 2
SF: / Agent Measured

Year Built: 1999
Pool - Private: No Pool
Spa: Spa - Private; Spa - Heated
EF: 42RXSQO2G
Lot Size: 18,001 - 24,000
Level: Single Level
Dwelling Type: Single Family - Detached Subdivision: Lakeside Ski Village
Tax Municipality: Gila Bend
Marketing Name: Lakeside Ski Village
Planned Cmty Name: Lakeside Ski Village
Model:
Builder Name: Custom
Hun Block: 36444 S
Map Code/Grid: W23
Bldg Number:
Ele Sch Dist: 024 - Gila Bend Unified District
Elementary School: Gila Bend
Jr. High School: Gila Bend High School Dist #: 024 - Gila Bend Unified District
High School: Gila Bend

Cross Streets: S Hwy 85 and Woods Road Directions: From Phx: I-10 W to hwy 85 S. Go aprox. 21 miles to mm 133, go past mm about 200 yds, then turn right. Go 1 mile to lakes. Turn left to Lot 16.

Remarks: Private Gated Waterski Lake Paradise. Lovely Home, wonderful for entertaining, 4 bdrms plus Bonus room! Private covered dock w/boat lift. FP inside and outside. Spa surrounded by flagstone, huge patios and walkways all flagstone, built-in BBQ, mountain views, sliding doors from dining and master out to lawn and dock.Water skiing, fishing, swimming, tubing etc..

Master Bedroom
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Kitchen
Bedroom 4
Living Room

Features
Room Details
Construction & Utilities
County, Tax and Financing

Approx SqFt Range: 1,801 - 2,000

Parking: 2 Car Garage

Horses: N

Fireplace: 2 Fireplace; Fireplace Living Rm; Gas Fireplace; Exterior Fireplace
Property Description: Waterfront Lot; Lake Subdivision; Gated Community
Exterior Features: Patio; Covered Patio(s); Storage Shed(s); Circular Drive; Private Street(s); Pvt Yrd(s)/Crtyrd(s); Yrd Wtring Sys Front; Yrd Wtring Sys Back; Built-in BBQ
Features: No Interior Steps; Water Softener Owned

Complex Feature: Biking/Walking Path; Gated Community

Add'l Property Use: Other (See Remarks)Flooring: Carpet; Tile

Kitchen Features: Range/Oven; Dishwasher; Disposal; Microwave; Refrigerator
Master Bathroom: Full Bth Master Bdrm; Separate Shwr & Tub; Double Sinks
Additional Bedroom: Mstr Bdr Walkin Clst; Othr Bdr Walkin Clst

Laundry: Washer Included; Dryer Included; Inside Laundry
Dining Area: Eat-in Kitchen
Other Rooms: Great Room; Bonus/Game Room; Guest Qtrs-Sep Entrn

Architecture: Ranch

Unit Style: All on One Level
Const - Finish: Painted; Stucco
Construction: Frame - Wood

Roofing: All Tile
Fencing: Block; Partial
Cooling: Refrigeration
Heating: Gas Heat
Utilities: APS
Water: Well - Pvtly Owned; Well - Shared
Sewer: Septic; Septic in & Cnctd
Services: County Services
Technology: Sat Dish TV Ownd
Energy Features: Sunscreen(s); Ceiling Fan(s) County Code: Maricopa
Legal Subdivision:
AN: 000-00-000
Lot Number: 16
Town-Range-Section: --
Cty Bk&Pg:

Plat:

Taxes/Yr: $ 1,200/2008
Ownership: Fee Simple
New Financing: Conventional
Total Asum Mnth Pmts: $ 0

Down Payment: $ 0
Existing 1st Loan: Private
Exist 1st Loan Terms:
Disclosures: Seller Disc Avail

Auction: No

Possession: By Agreement; Close of Escrow

Homeowner Association Information

Homeowners Assoc: Y
HOA Name:
HOA Telephone:

$ 460/
Association Fee Incl: Blanket Ins Policy; Water; Garbage Collection; Common Area Maint; Street Maint

Assoc Rules/Info: Pets OK (See Rmrks); Self Managed
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-30-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
That is just Sick
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-30-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
I have ridden that lake like 5 times. You see the light from a jail when you sleep.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-30-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
You can not load your boats at lakeside...
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-30-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Gila Bend schools, I think their is like 18 people in that town..
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-30-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
sweeeeet. If I worked at home, I would be all over one of these properties.

Just too far of a drive to work for me.

How was the contest this last weekend out there?
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
Here are a couple homes right in Gilbert, but they are 1 and 2 million dollars. (gee I wonder how much they would be in a GOOD economy)

http://idx.diversesolutions.com/Link/32515#

And here is a link to view most of the ski lake communities in AZ:

http://phoenixwaterfronttalk.com/2009/05/02/phoenix-water-ski-homes-land-property-and-community-update/
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-30-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Those r the comps I think I'm in.not a lot of people were there this last comp
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Hey Gordie I love your profile pick. When was that taken? Isn't that downtown Phoenix?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
Damn, I would love to pay $1200 a year in property tax for waterfront living.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-30-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
I may be wrong, but I think it was when his son rode down at the boat show. I thought I remember watching him on this same pic
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
Patch, We've never had a comp at Lake Side. San Tan Lake Side community in Gilbert and Spring Mountain Ski Ranch in Buckeye are the only two private lakes we've ever ridden on for AWA comps.

Stop telling people that Bartlett is awesome during the week. Otherwise it wont be

There are some lots available at Spring Mountain Ski Ranch as well. Century Marine has one for sale. It comes with a new boat, but no house.

Either way, both Lake Side and Spring Mountain are freaking FAR from civilization, especially with traffic.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Oh cool, thanks Keith
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-01-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
DAANNNGG - wish i lived in AZ!!!
Cant get anything in Foster City for 599 but a condo!
That place looks NICE!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-01-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
Yeah Russell, 09 Phoenix boat show.. that is my son Larry
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-01-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
O. I thought that mountain was the one in buckeye. My mistake. looked a lot alike
Old    aacadiacom            07-07-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
The Scottsdale Lodge is a new bar downtown and they are really into Wakeboarding. Two of the owners have a new LSV and VLX. They've started Lake Days every Sunday this Summer. Stop in and talk to Dylan, Jared, or Johnny and they can get you pointed in the right direction...
Old     (nickswake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-08-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
There are lots for sale for 500k which includes a boat and dock at Ski Ranch in Buckeye and I just saw a SICK house with dock for sale on a private community lake called Playa del Rey in Gilbert for 379k which is a killer deal.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-08-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
wow, haven't heard of that one yet (playa del rey)