Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
I'm starting to get things in order for next years spring ride. I need a couple of questions answered from you all. If you could just copy and paste questions 1-5, and put your answers next to each that would be great. Thanks!

1. Do you plan to attend next years event?

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)?

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home?

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat?

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-15-2011, 6:08 AM Reply   
I'll start with my thoughts. Please be totally honest, as I want to make this as successful as possible.

1. Do you plan to attend next years event? obiously yes

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 days

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? i thought it was good

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? i'd still bring up a boat

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? yes i'd still pay...split between all the people in your group the cost is only like an additional $5 each per day.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-15-2011, 6:31 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? YES

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 DAYS (MAKE IT MORE WORTH THE TRIP)

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? PERFECT DISTANCE

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? I'D STILL BRING MY BOAT

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? YES
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-15-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Yes

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? I was able to come up Friday afternoon and will most likely do the same next year so the 2 nights was perfect for me.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Yes

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? I wont bring my boat either way5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for?

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Sure. Split between a couple people that's not too bad
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2011, 8:11 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? FOR SURE so mad I got busted off this year!!!!

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? I would say that 2 nights would be perfect but you could always to some other stuff on thursday, like rail jams and what not.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? No idea the pics looked good, although I recently found an amazing new secret spot up in Grand Rapids with Gulf Blue water, 3 houses on a giants lake and a resport. Fairly amazing, I have been meaning to tell you about it any way. But then again GR is a ways away

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? No problem there

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Again no issues there
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-15-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
BTW Jay, I have to thank you man. It's really awesome that some finally took the bull by the horns and is stepping up in Minnesota and creating new events. This is really cool man. I know you dont get any $$$ or anything for setting this event up and its all really done out of your passion and love for wakeboarding. That's really cool bro. Your doing good things for this lilttl e sport of ours. Mad, mad, Props!
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-15-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
What Andy said above, great to see some new events and the community building.

1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Possibly, June is a tough month with Family Obligations, but if my sister isn't home from Florida than YES.
2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? I’d more than likely arrive Friday afternoon/ night. Stay through Sunday
3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Not sure exactly where it is, but as long as it’s under 5 hours one way, it will be doable for me.
4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? No Problem.
5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? No Problem
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-15-2011, 9:17 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? No, Im in AZ.

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 for sure.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Pretty far away.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? I dont have one.

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? See #1.

let me know if you need anything else.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-15-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Hell yeah

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 days would be fun

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Awesome Location

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? No Boat so it doesn't matter to me

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Yes - I thought it was still a good deal
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-15-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? yes

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 days is good

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Yep, it was fine.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? I would still bring the boat.

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Yes.
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-15-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Jeff:

Abram says..Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeff! He said it for days after that weekend!
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-15-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Same dates?

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? Either way. I'd like to spen a week and checknout the lake more, get to know folks better...

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? You should turn this into a monthly event series.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? Does this ,ean I'll have to chip in for gas money and dock space. Burton that $75 of gas better still be in your tank!

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Do I still owe you for this year?
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-16-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscxstar View Post
Jeff:

Abram says..Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeff! He said it for days after that weekend!
Sweet!!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-18-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
. Do you plan to attend next years event? No question

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? Friday and Saturday night

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? It was a great venue.. The only "upgrade" would be the amount of spectators/traffic you could get if it was on the Whitefish Chain. The price/challenge would increase - but you'd have a thousand boats watching instead of 30.. The venue was bomb though - since I had no "Stake" in Spring Ride - it was perfect. If I was trying to drive traffic to sponsors, etc - the Chain would be bomb.com

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? I'm a boat whore this year but anyone who wouldn't pay $15 for a slip fee doesn't have a $40-$100k wakeboat that goes through $100 a day in gas

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? I thought the cabin we rented was underpriced.. I would expect something of the quality to be 1.5-2 times the price we paid. If it was double - I'd have to consider it.. For $15 a night, it's a no brainer.. That resort was glorious for what we were doing

hi5
Old     (JTLBP1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-21-2011, 5:12 PM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? For sure

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? 3 would be cool but I would do fri sat and sun morning for the m-f working public

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? good for me

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? 15 for the weekend would be fine, 15 a day might be a little steep

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? that would be fine, those places were amazing!

Nice work Jay, that event was Sick!!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
I'm starting to get things in order for next years spring ride. I need a couple of questions answered from you all. If you could just copy and paste questions 1-5, and put your answers next to each that would be great. Thanks!

1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Yes, and sponsor it too.

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? Three days would be fun, but folks might have trouble getting off of work and, Jay, you might get burned out managing three days.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? Closer would have been nice.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? $15 for the weekend is doable, $15 a day is a lot. Especially if you're already paying for lodging.

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? If the lodge owner is reading this, then no. Otherwise, it's probably doable.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2011, 11:53 AM Reply   
1. Do you plan to attend next years event?
-Word!

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)?
-I think you got everything accomplished pretty well in two days but another day of wakeboarding activities wouldn't make my life worse.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home?
-Fine for us because we stayed, I could see it deterring some people who where interested but didn't have the time to stay over night. I thought the lake and lodge where super legit tho. Just depends on what you are trying to accomplish, like you said if it's local everyone scatters after the event, I thought it was cool that every stayed, we all got to meet new peeps.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat?
-No, with so many boats there this year I'm not sure if I'll bring mine up again, it was great to have it but I barely used it. I'd almost rather haul a boat up for
Casey so he doesn't have to make so many trips.

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for?
-Less is better, but it wouldn't keep me from going by any means. Just tell them we'll run up bigger bar tabs next year.
Old    mmcorrectax            07-22-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the thought Jason, I got a little burnt out come Sunday.

Jay,
Please do not commit to any new sponsors till we sit down and talk and meet with Derrick.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys, let me know what you think of the following changes for 2012.

*Townhomes/Cabins - 3 night minimum stay (2 nights @ full price, 1 night @ 50% off)
*Lodge Rooms - 2 night minimum stay (2 nights will be full price, if you want to do a third it will be 50% off)
*$15/day slip fee
*No coolers will be allowed on beach/docks...obviously you can do eat/drink your own stuff in your boats and in your rooms.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Last year we got a 10% discount. Townhouse were about $300/night. Next year you'd pay about $330 each night x 2, then $165 for the 3rd night. Split up between 8 people that is about $103/person for the entire weekend.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Let's see if next year the resort owner will take a chunk of Colins Redbull earnings as payment for cabin rental..

If I recall - he got his weight in Redbulls.. If we can get him to blow up to about 250 and still huck a 9/10, we should be able to bargain down the price of the cabins with all of the Redbulls he donates..

;-)

As I said over text - we're in regardless. An extra $15 here or there isn't ****.. That's like 2 drinks at the bar. Anyone who can't afford another $20 a person probably aint showing up anyways.. If anyone is short on funds next year - Tom Burton will cover whatever you don't have.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-05-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
LOL! I actually just picked up their Red Bull about an hour ago....got 24 cases sittin in the house.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-05-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
Slow to respond, but here ya go.
1. Do you plan to attend next years event? Yes. No question. Great to get out and away.

2. 2 or 3 days long (3 days would be Thur, Fri, and Sat nights)? I think Friday/Saturday is good. Anything more than 2-3 nights makes it tougher.

3. Was the location okay...distance away from your home? No issues here. Would go further if need be. I thought the drive was fine.

4. You will most likely have to pay a slip fee of $15/day (maybe just $15 for the entire weekend)...would this deter you from bringing your boat? My boat won't be trailerable, but $15 wouldn't scare me away. Most people are coming up in groups. I think it could be easily shared to make this a non-issue. I'd chip in for my buddies' boats if they wanted to leave them in the water. Comes with the territory!

5. Rooms will probably an additional $10-$30 a night...is this still something you'd pay for? Again, it's a share expense for the cabins~ non-event. I think the quality of the place is worth the extra $$.

Thanks again for putting this together. Let me know if I can help.