Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-24-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Well..... My day started with a 41 year old mom who died in front of her husband and kids, and ended with a 30 year old crankster who can't go home cuz she blew it with her family. Kinda makes you appreciate what you have, and makes your problems seem pretty insignificant....

I hope everyone here has a merry Christmas..........Just heard from my stepson fresh in boot camp and I'll be seeing my family in a few, so I'd say my Christmas is already a good one.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-25-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Merry Christmas to all as well. My son is home from school, but leaving tonight to go snowboarding in Montana. We'll miss him, but he had some college friends stay over a couple days when school ended so it was great having e'one at the house; mainly him. The rest of my family are in town and the ones at odds put them aside last night for fellowship. I (we) are very blessed and should appreciate it more.

CJ, are you police, fire or emt? I was asking my nephew-in-law last night if he'd had a very busy holiday season and wondered if the police and fire share "war" stories. Strangely enough, he said they did not even speak to each other.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-25-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm the po-po... but not today!

I too don't hang out with cops with or shop talk about my work as a rule. I see em 5 days a week already and my friends aren't "cop-like.".... Occasionally stories are fun, but typically I don't feel the need to bother with work stuff unless it's particularly interesting.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-25-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Yup... Merry Christmas everyone. I was just thinking how blessed I am this morning to have my family and friends. Take care, all.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-26-2010, 10:18 PM Reply   
All the best for the season. Spare a thought for us down under, I'm here in Perth where it's 42'c (107.6F) right now, trying to stay cool.