Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    yanni            08-28-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I was thinking about installing a tower on my SeaRay 185, but I have heard that aftermarket towers can cause the hull to crack. Are there any towers or installation methods that are less likely to cause cracks?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-28-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
I would think you should be alright. Make sure you use a backing plate at your mounting points though. A Bayliner.... now that's another story. They save weight, by using less glass. Less glass means weaker hull. This means cracks. You should be good with a Monster tower.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-28-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
I've heard of some boats needing extra fibreglass work done. Call around some or have a shop install it if you're worried.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-28-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
You can get a great tower at a good price from Lightning. Plus, they install it right. Look at the adjustable Swoop. Here is the link. http://www.lightningaccessories.com/towers.htm

We sell it at DWC Boardshop on the Delta.