Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
So 3 years down the road I’m out of the closet, it took Rob VLX and his love of his Prius C to bring me out! I figure If a manly man such as he can admit his Love then why cant I “yes I drive a Prius and I to am sad to say I love it”
I have had the car for coming up in Jan will be 3 years, I have 80k on it and it has not given me a single problem.
I used to drive a 5 thousand pound Escalade EXT to and from the lake and all over the place. 90% of the time it was just me inside. So that alone was a complete waste. I keep my boat at the lake house so I don’t need to tow far, I just needed a tow rig to haul my boat up and down the ramp and into my garage. So a fuel efficient car was now on my radar.
I fill 3 boats with gas as well as my Wife’s car. My gas bill was out of control. Most of my gas consumption was from my Escalade. It was time to get a new Escalade. I had over 100k on it and the Lease was up. It was get another one or try something more fuel efficient. I did a bunch of shopping around and couldn’t find another SUV I liked as much as the Escalade. Some how I ended up at the Toyota dealership. I jumped in a Prius for a test drive and was pretty surprised at how much room it had and how it worked. When you get in a new car it takes awhile to figure out where all the buttons are and how everything works and the Prius just some how felt right all the buttons were in the right place and the nav worked just the way it should and believe it or not the Prius has some Items that the Escalade didn’t even have. But no way in Hell was I going to drive what I call the “Fag-mobile” So I kept on shopping. BMW, Audi, VW’s they were cool and all but they still IMO didn’t work for me as well and had no where near the interior room as the Prius. No matter how much I shopped around the Prius kept making more and more sense. The Escalade was getting between 18-20 MPG. All the other smaller SUV’s were not much better. I figured if I was going to make a switch and try and save some gas I might as well make it worth. Well in the First month I saved over $600 in Gas alone, The Prius paid for itself and the fuel in just what I was spending to push the Escalade down the road. Don’t get me wrong its no BMW or Merc, It’s a cheep jap car with a video game inside. This became more apparent after driving my wife’s Lexus for a week before I got the Prius. Holly crap, talk about a rolling tin can. I drove it for 3 days before I ripped the whole car apart and sound deaden the entire car. Now my car is like a rolling recording studio super quite inside I love it. I get into other peoples cars and I’m like Dammm could this thing be any more noisy, let’s take the ***-Mobile next time.
Here are some Pic’s of my Sound Deading project. It has a layer of Dyna matt like material against the raw metal and then a rubber sound blanket over the top of that,
The doors have a lead sheet between the outer skin and the door panel, Yes my car is super Quite.
Attached Images