Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    wakediva            01-28-2004, 10:40 PM Reply   
Which lakes in Arizona are best for wakeboarding and how long are the seasons?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-29-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
Best lakes are bartlett and sahuaro, apache is real nice but its a long drive. the season is year round, even without a drysuit. Do you live in az?
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-29-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Sweet boat for a young guy michael. I'd like to move to scottsdale, but I was wondering how far bartlett and sahuaro are from you ? Also can I rent a slip on these two lakes. I like to keep my boat in the water.
Old    wakediva            01-29-2004, 8:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Michael. I live in Oregon, but my husband and I are going to be quitting our jobs and taking off on the road with our camper and boat, some time in the fall. Arizona is one of the places we definately want to stay for awhile. Do you ever visit Lake Havasu, how's the boarding there?
Old    leftcoastpunk            01-30-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Thanks woody, you got a pretty sick boat yourself, hows the '04 working out for you? I live about 20 minutes from both sahuaro and bartlett Both have slips not sure on how much they are at sahuaro, $150/ month for dry storage at bartlett, not sure on slips. try here www.bartlettlake.com . Chelsea, as for Lake Havasu, I have never been wakeboarding there, I can say that the one time I was there it was really windy, and I hear that the lake gets pretty wind whipped. You might want to look about 20 miles down the river in Parker, there are river front homes from Parker all the way up to Parker Dam, the water is great there. Hope this info helps for both of you guys

(Message edited by leftcoastpunk on January 30, 2004)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
Hey all, I'm heading up to Havasu around the middle of next month. What's the seen up there like? We are gonna be doing a bit of filming, and want to hit some sliders. Are there any out that way?!
Old    buttacup            01-30-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
There are a few in one of the coves in near Site six. Last time I was out there, there was a dragon, flatbar and Aframe. My friend and I fixed the Dragon slider a bit. you'd have to move the Aframe and Dragon slider out a bit. You can't miss the dragon slider, it says WSR on it.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-31-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thanks mike thats a very good website, It makes me want to move tomorrow. Are there alot of wakeboarders in Arizona, It's hard to find people to go in Jersey. I'll get the boat some time in April and I can't wait anymore. Just want warm sunny weather. It's 25 with snow on the ground here.
Old    leftcoastpunk            02-03-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
Ya there are alot of riders here. The AWA does about 6 tournaments a year aswell as free ride stuff. The scene is big out here.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Is anyone near Havasu City?