Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
So I've been progressing fairly well trying to learn tantrums. I just recently started trying them, because Ive heard its one of the easiest inverts, But after watching videos of myself, I feel like I want to start trying HS backrolls. I see people do HS backrolls, and it seems that be a more natural approach, And Ive heard different things, some say the backrolls easier, others say the tantrum is. Any thoughts? Or tips on the backroll.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-15-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
It depends. I think the backroll is much easier but others will say the opposite. The timing IMO is a lot easier with the backroll but your fundamentals must be better. You have to be able to understand the progressive edge technique. With a tantrum, you can just haul butt into the wake and kick your head back and don't have to have a lot of understanding of the fundamentals.

That being said, my backrolls are consistent and my tantrums are not!
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-15-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Yea I think i have a pretty good understanding of why you use a progressive edge and how its done, etc. I just find it a bit difficult with the tantrum to switch your edge and pop, thats my trouble is the pop. I feel like I want more control into the wake and hold my edge, into a more cartwheel like motion. I think that feel more natural to me.

Thanx, any other advice is appreciated
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-15-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
My first invert was a tantrum... but i threw them way wrong and only one wake haha. Then I learneed backrolls and I think they are a lot easier to learn... bu thats just me.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-26-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
nevermind, I nailed the backroll