Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    txwkbrdr06            05-30-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
Ok so today was my first time to try out a cable park... way different than a boat! Has anyone ever tried a cable before? Which do you tend to prefer, cable or boat?

And does anyone go to the cable park at the Texas Ski Ranch? Just lookin to meet any folks in the area. Thanks ya'll! :-)
Old    xxplosive            05-31-2004, 12:24 AM Reply   
I live in austin during the summer...go out to tsr a little bit, i like boat more though
Old    warlock00            06-01-2004, 7:41 AM Reply   
I like both. We can not have any kickers or sliders on our local lake so that is my only chance to hit anything like that. You are right way different than a boat. But fun in it's own way. I do like behind the boat better.

We try to go once a month during the summer. We are 3 hrs away or we would probably go more.
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-02-2004, 6:00 AM Reply   
We have a membership to TSR/cable. Been going since summer of 2002. Great place with great people. pm me if you'd like to meet up and ride someday.

Denise
Old    ag4ever            06-02-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
I was there about a month ago. I did not try it as I was not feeling well, but it looks fun. Except for the walk of shame back to the dock after a fall.

When we were there, there was some young kids that appeared to be learning how to wakeboard for the first time. They tried and tried, but could never go more than 10'. I kinda felt bad for them since it appeared nobody was trying to help them learn. They were leaning on the front leg, and planted the nose everytime.I must admit that the dock starts look a little different than the deep water boat start.
Old    ccstev            06-03-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
I used to go there all the time before I moved to Corpus. Now I try to go every now and then, but it's been a while. I like the kicker, it's the only one i've hit; but, other than that I like riding behind the boat better.