Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
I was wondering if there is a good way to add some kind of a wrap grip to an existing handle. Every time I've gotten a new handle, I've never been able to find a handle I like with one of those grips. Has anybody tried adding their own? Can you you do it without wrecking the length of rope that's attached to the handle?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
wow, nobody? Is this just a bad idea?
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-13-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
I dont see it to be a big deal.. I am a huge DIYer and you could wreck it, but it was worth the shot.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-13-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
I used tennis raquet wrap to wrap a handle. I had a premier handle that I experimented with. My handle had the rubber ends that could be pulled off and get out of the way. Then I wrapped the handle with the tennis wrap as close to the end of the handle (where the rope attaches) as possible. when I put the rubber handle/rope ends back on the handle, it covered up the beginning and end of the wrap.

Go for it, and post pictures if you can
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-13-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
i think you want a cheater bar? idk if that can be done...
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
I don't know if you can add that in the middle of your line. maybe if you cut it and tied it off but i wouldn't trust that too much. I wouldn't add it to the end of it either because that's like 5 ft out, seems like a long way. I guess you could cut the rope, add it and make that your end too, but you'd still be relying on your knot a whole lot.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-13-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
I think Liquid Force make one to be honest.......... check them out
I know I have seen it from one of my reps.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant something like a pistol grip or T-bar for doing wrapped spins, I didn't mean I wanted to replace the grip on the regular handle. Travis, thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find that. Maybe my problem is I don't know the right term for it, so when I search I don't find what I'm looking for.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know if you can add that in the middle of your line. maybe if you cut it and tied it off but i wouldn't trust that too much. I wouldn't add it to the end of it either because that's like 5 ft out, seems like a long way. I guess you could cut the rope, add it and make that your end too, but you'd still be relying on your knot a whole lot.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about. I do have an old junk handle that I could probably try, if it doesn't work, no big deal.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-13-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Id definitely play around with it on an old handle just to try it, if it works then go for it. make sure you tug and tug on that thing when your trying it. I wouldn't go directly into any inverts or spins. that could hurt if that thing popped haha. I had a brand new ronix handle a couple of years ago that snapped the first time i went out, pulled three people up, then i got on that thing and the rope snapped right where it meets the handle when i was being pulled up. luckily it didn't happen a few mins later!
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
I did just find this which is basically what I am looking for, but it would require cutting my existing rope attached to the handle so that the t-bar is close enough:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIQUID-FORCE...-/250901153046

I think I will try some sort of DIY with a piece of a broom handle or something. I'm thinking cut a notch all the way around my makeshift t-bar, wrap my rope around it, and tie it off somehow. Just gotta make sure the bar will be strong enough and not snap at the notch.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-13-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
i have an old premier handle im going to take my wrap/tbar off of and try and put it on my franchise handle.
i talked to Maur at our Hyperlite team trip and he was saying he just throws a broom stick handle on it and he might have even made a short video on it on here... cant remember check a search on here
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-13-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Sorry. Apparently I am the only idiot here...

Call ur local shop that carries liquid force, they have an adjustabke wrap handle that can be added in line anywhere in 5 seconds. It comes in 2 peices that screw together on the rope and really bolds it tight. It does not require u to cut or unwrap or make knots in ur line and u cann quickly take it off or move it closer or farther. I have one on my work bench that a friend gave me, i do not know the part number, but if u have truoble tracking one down, pm me and i think i can help u out