Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zak_1985)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-24-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
Hi,

I was just wondering in a World Pro Tour wakeboarding competition. What are the boats which classify to tow such an event? I know X-Star, VLX. is there any others? Or is it done on sponsorship?
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-25-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
I think it's all done on sponsorship.

Supra 24 Gravity Games edition pulls the Gravity Games. It's not a tour like the PWT though. What event uses the VLX? I think the PWT only uses the X-Star, as it's a Mastercraft thing. Maybe I'm having a memory lapse but I'm not familiar with a tour/tourney that uses the VLX.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2010, 5:05 AM Reply   
The Malibu Open.....
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-25-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
Nautique always pulls Nationals and usually with a few different models depending on what division is riding.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-25-2010, 6:09 AM Reply   
Its a money thing with sponsors not like three event skiing boats etc.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-25-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
^^^Exactly. Whichever boat they want to push + the one with the largest, most "Pro" wake is normally used.

At some events they'll even have a separate boat weighted differently or a smaller one overall for the Women's and Amateur divisions