Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-06-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Looking at purchasing a marek board. Can not test boards here so looking for some help. I ride an 05 abs plat 141 right now. I feel its to small (iam 6'2" - 200lbs). One of the main reasons for wanting a marek is that Rusty designed it and he is a bigger guy.looking at the the 146. Does Rusty ride the 146? How does the board edge?I prefer a sticky board. Help please and thanks.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-06-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
Yes rusty rides the 146.

The board is FAST, but if you like a sticky board it may not be for you, it is a little loose when it's flat, but once you put that board on edge you are staying on edge and charging to the wake! Super poppy and super soft landings!
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-06-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Think he rides the big one yes, someone who knows will chime in. As for the edge, I have one. It edges hard and is extremely fast with huge pop off the wake....and I'm saying that coming from an 06' Parks. If you mean sticky as holds a hard edge, it is sticky, if you mean a little slow, then the answer is no.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I was riding the 146 but I also changed the fins from the P wing to A wing and that totally changed the stickyness of the board. I only weigh 160 and when I changed the fins it was easier for me to control. The pop is incredible but I think I was a bit too light to sink the board when landing in the flats so it landed hard sometimes for me. I would think it would be a perfect match for your size. I would think it will be quite a bit faster than your current board, it is one of the fastest boards I have ridden. I don't think you will go wrong and if you need it to have more stick, then you can change the fins to accomplish that.

Good luck.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-06-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
That sucker is FAST, VERY RESPONSIVE, AND WILL BOOT YA!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
^^^^ what Ben said explains it all.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
** HIJACK **

Randy, if you get a chance to watch the Masters at National's, let me know how it goes!! Thanks.

** END HIJACK **
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-06-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Brandon, not going, Active Water Sports (a sponser) is having their 10th annual Free Riders Ball, a 2 day contest this weekend with $3,000 up for grabs, Alex decided to stay home and ride it. They have a Masters division, roll up. Hit me with a PM for more details.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-07-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
yea the board is very fast, so i duno if i would recommend it if you like sticky boards. im 6'2 and 165 lbs. and have the 141. i love it. good size for me. and it does BOOT you pretty hard and the landings are pretty good too.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-09-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help! Looks like Iam going to be puchasing the marek. Although Company boards seem interesting as well. Never rode a flex board before.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-09-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Good choice. The original Marek

Upload