Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
So I'm trying to sell one of my boats, been getting quite a few calls and emails about it. I had a kid call me and he was saying he is "really REALLY interested" in buying my boat. We live about 5 hours away from each other so he asked if I could meet him closer because his Dad who will actually be buying the boat can't travel that far. So I agreed to meet him about roughly half way, maybe just a tad closer to my place.

I call him to make sure he is serious because that turns into a 7 hour day for me to drive down, let him test drive, drive back home. He then says his Dad can't travel that far so he wants me to travel further, about another hour. I told him I can't do it, so he then says he and a buddy could meet at our original location so they can take it for a set. Then I'd have to drive down again so that the Dad could check it out on another day. I just told him no way.

I know I'm trying to sell a boat here, but wouldn't you think if you're gonna travel that far you would expect to at least be meeting someone with cash and hopes to buy right then and there. I know it still depends on the test drive, but I feel like I'm taking 7 hours out of my day to give a couple kids a ride on my boat and "maybe" their dad will call me later to have me meet him again to buy?

am I being unreasonable?