Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-03-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
Fawking hate pierce, I hope Artest shuts him down. Lakers in 6!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-03-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
Yes, my dislike of Pierce grew to hate after his wheelchair act in 08. dude is a major faker. Artest no doubt has thug roots and a not always deserved rep. As a Laker, he has been a pretty good team guy. Artest is odd, quirky and maybe from another planet but he is no act, maybe the most honest guy on the court. Artest is a Laker and unless he goes kermit Washington on someone i got his back.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-03-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Goes Kermit Washington... aahahaahhaa!

I HATED Artest prior to this year. Always one of my least favorite NBA Players. He's now on my team, so I have no choice but to root for him and the rest of the Lakers.

Lakers in 7.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-03-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
no predictions eric?
Sure why not.

Kobe takes alot of shots.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-03-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
These refs need to let both teams play. This is ridiculous. Starting with the opening doulbe techs to start. weak.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-03-2010, 10:26 PM Reply   
"Phil Jackson’s teams are 47-0 in playoff series after winning the first game."
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2010, 11:07 PM Reply   
I agree with Eric, for once. They were calling every ticky-tack bump a foul. The Lakers played great. It was nice to see the whole team doing well. Artest's D on Pierce was pretty good.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-04-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
^^^ Yep. I dont know if phils zen-voodoo stuff was working but the refs got involved early and too often. They certainly played too big a role in that game. Refs killed the flow and I think other than Odom, Boston was affected more than LA. Lakers were the aggressor pounding the inside and controlling the boards, they looked good last night! Not sure that 47-0 stuff means anything to anyone on the floor...just media crap... Hopefully on Sunday they will ease up on the reins and let those dudes do their thing! When you dis the funniest guy in the world, you are focused! sorry chris rock, Bryant is unavailable for another couple weeks. . Go Lake Show!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-05-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
i like pau and all and have always thought he was pretty well spoken to the media (relatively speaking), but basically calling out garnett to the press, not sure if that's a good idea. pau basically said that garnett's lost a step, is aging, and isn't as dominant/explosive as he once was. i don't disagree w/ his comments, but i do disagree with him even saying it at all.

oh, and garnett's response?

"i have no comment for his comments. who is he?"

uh, he's only the best-skilled big man in the nba...the one that dominated your ass in game 1.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-05-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Has Mr. Soft been drinking hennessy with Artest? Or is he just stupid?

While I agree KG is not what he once was, calling him out is just not smart. On top of that Mr Soft will never amount to half of what KG has done in his career.... One of the most underrated players in his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC2R1...eature=related
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-05-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I agree pau shouldnt be offering up bullitin board material.
I dont get that Garnett is underrated. 04 league MVP, 13 time allstar, Defensive player of the year, 8 times All defense 1st team, member of Bostons "Big Three" 08 champ and on and on and on....how is he underrated. It would be eaiser to make the case Gasol is underrated.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
KG is definitely not underrated, for all the reasons Darrel mentioned. He's always included in a discussion about the best all-time big men.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-06-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
KG is my favorite player for sure. As much as I hate Eurotrash, he is pretty good right now...but KG can definitely still hang with him and match him. Just depends on the game. Makes it a lot harder with Lakers having such a huge lineup and KG having to help, its not just Gasol being "better." Lakers have 3 bigs playing a good amount of the time (combo of Bynum, Gasol, Artest, or Odom), Celts usually just have KG and Perk.

Go Celts. Apparently Ray is on FIRE (cant watch unfortunately)
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-06-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Good lord, another game dictated by the refs inability let these two teams play.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-06-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
Heck yea Celts. Wish I coulda seen it. Hopefully that 47-0 stat can be broken...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-06-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
41 free throw attempts for LA. over 60 for the game. Unreal.

anywho, big win for the Celtics, when honestly KG and Peirce didnt do much...
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-06-2010, 10:47 PM Reply   
That officiating was fawking terrible. Way to take away a win from the lakers when our big three put up good numbers. I don't know what was worse, the officiating, Garnetts cheap ass illegal screens, or the announcers
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2010, 8:15 AM Reply   
The officiating is terrible all around in this series.. for both teams. Ugh.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardertj View Post
That officiating was fawking terrible. Way to take away a win from the lakers when our big three put up good numbers. I don't know what was worse, the officiating, Garnetts cheap ass illegal screens, or the announcers
If you want to complain about officiating, go ahead, it was awful. However LA damn near doubled up Bostons free throws. So them "illegal" screens might not have been called but alot of other things where.

Is it me or does Ron Artest look like the biggest meathead while dribbling a basketball. He is just not fluent offensively. Goes from nearly shattering the backboard of a free throw to barely touching the net on another.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
mesg to Artest: Quit dribbling the F'ng rock! Dude torpedooed our offense and that allows Rondo to do his thing. Oh, and Rondo did his thing. Rondo had a great game. I couldnt believe they didnt reverse the 4th qtr call when replay clearly showed KG's hand in front of Gasol knocking the ball out. Officiating cant get much worse.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
What the hell was Artest doing with the ball with roughly 2 minutes left in the game? He dribbled around for 20 seconds and then put up a crazy, off balance shot that didn't even come close! Had he passed it, (if I remember correctly) the Lakers could have cut the lead to 2 points, but instead Boston came back with a 3, making the lead 7. Come on, Ron!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Darrel - that was a TERRIBLE call. Clearly showed KG's hand in front of Gasol.

Something smells very fishy with this officiating.

On a side note.. I do so love Jeff Van Gundy's commentary.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Thanks Liz. Whats the point of reviewing calls in the last 2 mins if they're not going to make the correct call.
Van Gundy and Jackson are v. entertaining!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-07-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
first, let me say that i never blame a loss on officiating, but frankly, there have been so many questionable calls (both ways) including the reviewed out-of-bounds call. it's to the point of ridiculous!

anyway, i still say lakers in 6.
Old    sperbet            06-07-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
hey Liz, fishy as in tuna or as in 2002 fishy???
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-08-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
2002 fishy. I can only hope the series turns out the same way as it did back then.

I'm sure Stern likes the Celtics as NBA Champs a lot more than he liked the Sacramento Kings.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Refs where bad both ways, however the fact remains LA got more calls...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
aside from the officiating, if you're not enjoying this series, you just don't like nba games! it's turning out to be another classic la-boston series!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
^^This is a battle royal!
Thank you DFish, he has won a game in about every series this post season. There is nothing better than winning at Boston.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Agreed. GREAT series. I don't know how anyone isn't a fan of Fisher. What a class act he is. Even though he's getting older and seems to be slowing down a bit at times.. his leadership and commitment to the game and his team make him so valuable. I would really like to see the Lakers re-sign him for next year.

I love that Paul Pierce told the fans after game 2 that the Celtics wouldn't be coming back to LA. Classic.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Only way they dont go back to LA is to lose all 3 in Boston, and Pierce is doing his best as in worst to make that happen. Ray Allen shooting his way into the record books in game 2... and in game 3 going 0-13 (yeah i know the record is 0-14, so does Allen).
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure when Pierce made that prediction.. he didn't think the Celtics would be on the losing end.

They will definitely go back to LA. I'm sticking with the prediction of Lakers in 7. Could be 6.. but I fully expect Buston to come charging back on Thursday.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Izzo to Cavs looking very promising.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
]"Let's talk about ABC's broadcast for a second. The announcers have pledged their allegiance to The Man by glossing over blatantly missed calls by the refs. They're an accessory to the crime. They're partnering with the league in downplaying the effect those blown calls have on the series outcome. Just listen to them. They're calling the games like it's the start of the summer league, and they're all sharing a round of beers.

There's also a curious lack of replays (at least until the last two minutes of the fourth, thanks to the NBA's new rule). Fans need replays to assign their own grades on the quality of the refereeing. If we graded the broadcast according to how well it fulfilled Mr. Stern's demands, I'd give ABC an A-plus."
Thank you Tim Donaghy, the announcers have been absolutely terrible. F*cking call it like it is, stop protecting the refs.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-09-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
I dont know why everyone made a big deal out of what pierce said about not coming back to LA. he made a statement in the heat of the moment that could have been directed at an opposing fan, or someone in his family. his family sits about 50 feet or so from where he was, and he could have been responding to something they said. either way, I thought it was funny and then overhyped by the media for the same reason they overhype every little thing.
glad to see the series is living up to the potential classic that everyone had hoped for though.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-09-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...=ESPNHeadlines
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
I dont know why everyone made a big deal out of what pierce said about not coming back to LA. he made a statement in the heat of the moment that could have been directed at an opposing fan, or someone in his family. his family sits about 50 feet or so from where he was, and he could have been responding to something they said. either way, I thought it was funny and then overhyped by the media for the same reason they overhype every little thing.
glad to see the series is living up to the potential classic that everyone had hoped for though.
whether it was said in the heat of the moment or not, whether he was talking to his family or otherwise, it doesn't matter. fact is, he said it. sure the media hypes it up but making a bold prediction and not coming through is kind of a big deal in sports. it'd be like babe ruth calling a home run and striking out. ok, maybe not that bad, but you catch my drift.

pierce is just a classless crip...period.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
"I think it was a ton of moving screens they got away with," Rivers said the day after the Celtics' 91-84 loss to the Lakers in Game 3 put the Celtics behind 2-1 in the best-of-7 series. "As far as off-the-ball action ... you are not allowed to hold, you are not allowed to bump, and you are not allowed to impede progress. I read that this morning, and I'm positive of it. So, you know, when that happens it has to be called."
LMFAO, Doc Rivers complaining about illegal screens??? GTFO sir
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
I've started doing a lot of reading on what Jason G has been saying the past couple years, that the games are not called straight up. Read some excerpts from Donaghy's book, pretty damn interesting. Not too far fetched to think that a multimillion dollar industry can have any clout in the outcome of a series, or at least making sure it reaches 6 or 7 games to make sure they meet their advertising income quota.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
See my post above.

I really hope that isn't the case. Do I think it's absolutely possible? Yep, I do.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Eric, if Lebron doesnt resign that is a terrible coaching job.
Funny hearing Doc Rivers talk about illegal screens, Garnett and Perkins are probably 2 of the worst offenders in the league!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-09-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
just watch the heat/mavs finals from 2006. that should be enough to tell you that Stern has a lock on who wins championships.

joe - I dont think it is a big deal at all if the celtics have to go back to LA. making a statement and not having it come true is par for the course in pro sports. champions guarantee repeats and almost always fail. it is just media hype and nothing more. with that said, Pierce is a flopper along the lines of Vlade. but Vlade never writhed in pain like he was dying, only to be back on the court in five minutes. Pierce reminds me of all the mexican guys I used to play soccer against. screaming in pain until the "magic spray" hits their ankle and they are miraculously cured.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Eric, if Lebron doesnt resign that is a terrible coaching job.
Funny hearing Doc Rivers talk about illegal screens, Garnett and Perkins are probably 2 of the worst offenders in the league!

What does that have anything to do with anything?

And you people complaining about Doc Rivers must be a joke right? Are you forgetting that the Jedi works the refs before every series, EVER. Get a grip clowns.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
^^ it the irony in his complaint. CLOWN
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Pierce reminds me of all the mexican guys I used to play soccer against. screaming in pain until the "magic spray" hits their ankle and they are miraculously cured.
Lmao, and it seemed like only the mexican teams used the magic spray. too funny
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
Eric said..."Izzo to Cavs looking very promising."
95sn said..." Eric, if Lebron doesnt resign that is a terrible coaching job." 95SN said

Taylor said..."Quote:
"I think it was a ton of moving screens they got away with," Rivers said the day after the Celtics' 91-84 loss to the Lakers in Game 3 put the Celtics behind 2-1 in the best-of-7 series. "As far as off-the-ball action ... you are not allowed to hold, you are not allowed to bump, and you are not allowed to impede progress. I read that this morning, and I'm positive of it. So, you know, when that happens it has to be called."
95sn said..."Funny hearing Doc Rivers talk about illegal screens, Garnett and Perkins are probably 2 of the worst offenders in the league!"

Its called reading and comprehension clowny.

No one is "complaining" about Doc little one, we are talking sports. This is how it is done.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
Im assuming your heavily intoxicated...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Kobe would be the type to flop.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-13-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
Ive said it before and all say it again. Ron Artest is so overrated. How he plays as much as he does in mind boggling. He throws up bricks, he cant dribble and his defense is AVERAGE. garbage. ill drop 30 on that clown.

Id throw vujacic out there, he can flat shoot.

One more boston.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
^^^agreed, i'm dying to have Trevor Ariza on the floor, Artest is a hack. Can't believe he let pierce foul him with no shot attempt in the last minute. grow a pair and dunk!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
How many times are we going to have to hear the sound & people spin Phil saying the Celtics are the biggest chokes in the NBA.....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-13-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Like they said in post game, Phil knows hes mic'd up...

I kno Phil likes to push buttons and what not, but I simply dont get it this time.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-14-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Where all the LA fans at? Pretty quiet around here.. haa cmonn now the seriies aint even over.
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-14-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
GO Celtics!!!

my prediction..... NBA champs: Celtics win 4-3
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
God I hate the Lakers... and realllly hate Boston. I'm just glad it has been an exciting series
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Laker fan checking in. I still got Lakers in 7. No worries yet. That game 5 looked eerily like 08. unimpeded layup drills for Boston, just terrible defense. Kobe carried them w/ a tremendous effort thru the 3rd qtr, but he cant beat them by himself. Wheres Pau, Odom, Artest??? Its our serve on our home court, 2 more W's!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-14-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Laker fan checking in. I still got Lakers in 7. No worries yet. That game 5 looked eerily like 08. unimpeded layup drills for Boston, just terrible defense. Kobe carried them w/ a tremendous effort thru the 3rd qtr, but he cant beat them by himself. Wheres Pau, Odom, Artest??? Its our serve on our home court, 2 more W's!
Artest is garbage...

Bold prediction tho, although it wouldnt shock me if it happened...

Guess we will find out, Least one of you LA fans showed up, Umali wont be around for 5 months if LA goes down.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
uh, i won't be around for a few months only cause the season will be over. again displaying your clown-ness.

the bench needs to step up. odom is really pissin' me off. he needs to learn to play fundamental defense, and to quit playing scared on offense. farmar needs to stop taking 3s w/ 20secs left on the shot clock.

either way, the lakers need to take care of home court like boston did. they need to play aggressively on both sides of the ball, like they did in game 1. pau needs to play like he can, the best skilled big man in the game. and bynum needs to play like he did in game 2; real strong to the hoop and a presence on defense. the lakers needs to stop dribbling and move the ball. they're virtually unstoppable in the half-court when they move the ball.

lakers in 7.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-14-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
. lakers in 7.
Thought you said Lakers in 6
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
i meant they'll win game 6. haha!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
The Lakers big men are completely different beasts on away games vs. at home. I think we'll see them step it up a lot in front of the home crowd.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I heard that the agreement with nba coachs to get them to wear the microphones is that nothing negative, or motivating to the other team will be aired. Phil got sideswiped and i wouldnt be suprised if he trashes the mic in LA.
If artest continues to play aweful id give Walton and Sasha his minutes.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
you'd give walton more minutes than artest? inspite of what eric says and aside from game 5, artest has been doing a decent job defending pierce. luke is not strong enough to guard pierce. if sasha gets minutes, that means kobe would go to the 3...he's not strong enough to guard pierce either (see '08). let's face it; w/o artest, pierce is a match-up problem.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
I said since the series started that I expected the Lakers in 7. Still do.

Last night was extremely difficult to watch. 2008 all over again. Odom.. Artest.. Gasol... are you there? Can SOMEONE besides Kobe play like they give a sh**?? Thanks.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
1st, i said IF Artest continues to play aweful. And w/ Artest in Pierce is a match up problem now, lets face it Pierce has Artest figured out. At least Walton will keep the rock moving on offense. Artest is killing the ball movement and cannot be trusted. Walton can check Pierce at least as well as Artest in game 5 but isnt the black hole Artest has been on offense. I cringe when Ron gets the ball and starts his dribble...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
first off, i know you said "IF". secondly, i still say his defensive stance on pierce is far more important. i'm sure pierce has artest figured out. if he hasn't, he shouldn't be in the nba, as that's what 7-game series is all about; figuring out your opponent. inspite of that, artest has the strength to keep him in check (see games 1 thru 5).

i do agree however that i start to crap my pants the second artest starts dribbling.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
As fans i think we probably are not patient enough and since something isnt working we wanna fix it NOW. Im pretty sure Phil knows what he is doing and if Bynum can play 20-25 minutes the rotations will stay about the same. I also think Phil too craps his pants when Artest starts dribbling all over the court.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Do or die tonight Laker fans!

GO LAKERS!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
kobe would go to the 3...he's not strong enough to guard pierce either (see '08). let's face it; w/o artest, pierce is a match-up problem.
Kobe straight up said he wanted peirce last game. Why not? Do you really think its going to be that much worse than what Artest did last game? Doubt it... Your "superstar" should have that kind of say during a timeout. As for me, not a chance, im straight resting my legs on defense so I can score more on offense.

Also if you take that meathead out, you can put sasha in who can bring some offense to the table.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-15-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
Rondemption!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Not at all shocked with this outcome. Should be an awesome Game 7
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2010, 9:56 PM Reply   
As I've said all along... Lakers in 7. Played GREAT. If we can bring that type of effort, focus and aggressive play... it's over for the Celtics. LOVE it.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-15-2010, 11:43 PM Reply   
I have been telling all my Laker-hating friends all along that Pau would have a big game once they got back to LA. And did he ever! Artest and Odom really stepped it up, too. If all those guys show up again for Game 7, we're in great shape. Didn't hurt that the C's shot like 30-something percent from the field, including all those missed layups.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
I guess I should log-out Anthony before posting at home.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
"Rondemption" thats great!
Tough break for Perkins, but it didnt make a diff last night. Very dominant performance by the whole Laker team lead by Kobe.
We just need one more of those efforts. Go Lakers!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
And only one more game of being forced to watch Stuart Scott and his endless lists of meaningless and useless stats.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Perkins is out. Torn knee. Tough break for the Celtics.

Bynum... the knee is worse... but will play no matter what.

Should be a great game!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
amazing what can happen when a team moves the ball, right?
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Great article on Kobe..

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37756420/ns/sports-nba/

Especially love this portion (referring to Kobe as one of the best to ever play the game):

"By suggesting Bryant doesn't merit consideration, people are: 1) Smoking, sniffing or drinking too much; 2) Mindless fans of Jordan; or 3) Deceased."

Ding ding ding!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
^^^Very nice!
Nice article...but i think 24 needs to beat Boston. He will have 5 rings and beaten the Boston Celtics like Magic. Pulls him up another rung on the Greatest Laker ladder. If the Lakers dont win (dont worry, they will win) it will be on Bryant's watch. Kobe haters will be sure to remind all kobe couldnt beat the Celtics.