Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
I have a surfskate by trick boardz does anybodyelse have one? If so how are u doing with it? For some reason I cant free ride. I am becoming a pretty good line rider but having trouble free riding. Can anybody help?
Old    surfdad            09-21-2005, 5:42 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan, we have a ton of the Trick Boardz products in various shapes and sizes. The surf skate does require a pretty good sized wake, as it's small. The best thing to do though is just call Larry Mann at Trick Boardz, he's one of the best when it comes to customer support, he wants you happy with his products. Let me know if you need contact info.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Ryan
I have seen someone surf a 180 their first time on a Surf Skate and have heard from others that were doing 360s within a week (I'm jealous). We have a new team rider, Dwayne Elliott that could not surf the Surf Skate at first. He rode one of our larger boards for a week and then was able to ride the Surf Skate. Much depends upon the size of your boat wake. The Surf Skate definitely likes a bigger wave. The better I get, the bigger the "sweet spot" on the wave becomes. As I get better, the smaller the wave I can ride; but, of course I prefer a bigger wave. Please call me at 512.647.7321 and I would be pleased to discuss your wave and ride with you. If we determine that the Surf Skate is not the right board for you at this time, we will exchange it. We REALLY do care and want you to be the best wake surfer you can be.
Larry Mann
Trick Boardz
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
how much is the Trick Boards Surf Skate?

(Message edited by travis_m on September 21, 2005)
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Travis
They are between $178 and $204, depending upon size and fins or finless. For more info, go to www.Trickboardz.com
Larry Mann
Trick Boardz
Old     (travis_m)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
thanks larry.
im thinking about a surf skate or a hyperlite coex. then i have to get a job cus my parents dont like buying me all my toys. :-)
Old    surfdad            09-22-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey Travis, just my 2 cents worth, the coex is a vast improvement over the broadcast but is still a wannabe board. If you're thinking of going skim style the surf skate is a better LONG-TERM choice. There is a thread singing the praises of the COEX somewhere on here, but...IMHO, it has no drive, and is built for the masses rather than performance oriented folks.
Old    superhero_ken            09-27-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
If you want a skim style board go with the Phase Five!!!!
Old     (scar13)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Larry,

is there a place in dallas that sells your boards or I can try one first?
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-28-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Trae,
At this time, no. Call me, let’s figure out the correct board for you, and then purchase it. If you are not completely satisfied, return it for a full refund. Round trip shipping to Dallas should be around $20-25, cheaper than most shops rental expenses.
Larry Mann
Trick Boardz
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-28-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Ken,
I noticed you have a Sanger too!
How is the Phase Five for staying in the pocket with out the handle. I have a Sanger V210 and I ride a 5'6" Landlock. I want to learn some spins.
Thanks!
Sue
Old    superhero_ken            09-28-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
Hey Sue! I love my Phase Five Oogle and it free rides in the pcket very well. I have never tried the smaller Phase Five's. I also have a Shoreline Lakeboard that rides very smooth but is hard to turn. Of course I am just a beginner and have a lot to learn but I love my Sanger and it free rides very well.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-28-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Thanks Ken!
The Oogle is the medium size isn't it? I have heard good things about it. I can't wait to try one. I love my Sanger too. We had a Malibu Sportster but the surf wake was too small. The Sanger is so much fun to surf behind.
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-25-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Larry, just got a Surf Skate from you and I appreciate you talking to my brother and telling him all about the boards over the phone. Cant wait to get back on the water to try it!