Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fozz)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-06-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
What are you guys all using for the CGA approved vests that need to be on the boat - one for each passenger? I'm going to let the purchaser of my previous boat have my old ones, so I can buy clean, new ones for my new boat.. Any reccomendations? Cheaper is better, as they will (hopefully) never get used.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       05-06-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
I have a 4 pack of those orange around the neck ones that was like $20 or something at Academy to fill in when we don't have enough for all of the adults. For the kids we've caught some post season deals at Wal-Mart and Target on slightly nicer ones since they have to wear them all of the time.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
Garage sales / Craigslist - we live in an area with a ton of lakes so people's spring garage sales are usually loaded with them - I think a few years back we got like 10/15 life vests for like $10
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-06-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
also, costco has some pretty nice ones for kids too. I think they're like 20-30 bucks each.
Old     (fozz)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-06-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
I was considering just getting 10 or 11 or these... Their size should make them easy to stash away.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...B&merchID=4006
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
I think I got a 4 pack of those orange ones for $20. Ideally you want those to just show the ranger that you have jackets on board. Check your local boat shops for clearance sales, whiskeymilitia.com, boardersbestbuy.com, etc
Old     (samgreazy)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-06-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
caught a wakeboard shop closing down last year and got 3 jet pilot life jackets for $90
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-06-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
I gota 4 pack of adult universal ski vest from Gander Mountain for something around 40 or 50 bucks. Bass Pro also has adult vest for 20 bucks. I picked up a few of them in larger sizes for my fat a@% friends.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-06-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
8 pack of the orange vest.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2011, 9:52 PM Reply   
...also sometimes at Marshalls / TJ Maxx you can get Oneill vests (if you want nice ones)

I got 4 boost vests (old style that I love love love) for $80 ($20 each)
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2011, 10:24 PM Reply   
used life jackets are like used underware, do you really want to have an accident in something that may have already had an accident?
Bass pro and west marine sell four packs of vest style cheapo pfds(no longer called PFD, Life vest denotes the importance better) for about $30 in their own little carrying case.
Mine still have tags on them.