Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-27-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
I was just wondering if anybody has had any problems with your trailers. The reason i ask is that one of the welds on our trailer bunks has punched through the trailer and after a closer look there are about 5 more cracked welds that are about to do the same thing. I will get some pics when i get a chance. Oh and the trailer is barely used and we have had it just over 2 and a half years.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-27-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
if you go to http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1389 and look at the 9th pic it shows the trailer bunk support that is broken and punched through the trailer. in the pic it is fine though
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-28-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
really nobody has ever had a problem with their trailers?
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-28-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
You apparently have a 'lemon' trailer. That many cracked welds could indicate any number of things.
1.Porous welds
2.Salt water exposer
3.High miles towing or high speed towing
4.Poorly designed trailer

I don't like the looks of those bunk mounts because in the picture they appear to be flat plates which have no resistance to forward or backward movement so I'm going with #4. Hard to tell in that picture though. I would weld new bunk mounts made from the same tubing they are welded to and then put in some sort of triangulation to prevent forward, reverse, and side shifting on at least two bunk mounts per side. If that trailer relies on the bow eye to keep the boat from moving the bunks around it's a bad design.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-28-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
Some more picture of the welds and trailer might help.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-28-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
What brand trailer is it?
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
That is a Sport Boat Trailer
Sport Boat Trailer
430 C St
Patterson, CA , 95363-2724
Phone: 209-892-5388
FAX: 209-892-5397

Call them and see what they say. I have had no problem with mine but you never know. Where on the trailer are the cracked welds?
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-28-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
well we have pulled the boat to minnesota to and from prob 3 times and its about 1280 miles each way, but still that isnt long enough for the trailer to be going to dad talked to the dealer, but i wont post what is going on just yet. ill let you know when i can though. it hasnt been in any salt water and we never tow more than mph over the speed limit. which is usually 65mph