Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
So I got a phone call last week from a fellow rider. He was complaining that his feel were cramping up after having his boots on for like 10 minutes. He asked me what he should do. I told him too wedge a beer bottle into the toe box of each boot, and leave them in there when he was not riding. He called today and said that his foot pain was gone, his toe box had streched out enough that his bindings fit perfectly.

Point beeing is that it got me thinking about what other things people do and have done to make gear work better for them. So post your Tricks of the Trade and maybe we will all learn something new.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-26-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
The beer bottle thing worked for me too.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-26-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
Another one is for tangled ropes. Some of you may know this but for others its a good little trick.

If your wakeboard rope is looking a little twisted or just has some minor kinks in it attach the handle section to the ski pylon or any other tow point. Let all of the rope straight out drag it for a few minutes. (Basically just attach the rope the opposite way you would tow a rider). I do this in when the boat is at iddle speed. Then slowly coil the rope in big loops (not around your arm, it will just tangle it more) and then attach your velcro or just tie it off.

The end result is a kink, knot free rope that easily unwinds and does not get tangled.
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
put the handle over your head when your watitng for the boat to swing around so you dont lose it while waiting.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-29-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
similar to beer bottle in toe box, but for the ankle inlays on Ultras. but use big drinking glasses and force into the bindings
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-29-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
nwrep, I asssume the dog in your profile picture is OK now. That is one of the most disturbing pictures I have ever seen. I'm a huge dog lover and that breaks my heart to think what that guy went through.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-29-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Holly Crap that dog picture is insane. I have never seen anything like that in my life.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-29-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
me neither, gnarly
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
it looks like a porcupine. are you some kind of a sick freak?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
Based on my personal experience, I wouldn't put the handle around my neck while waiting. I have seen too many drivers that don't pay close enough attention while turning around (even idling) It seems like this is when people usually talk or move around the boat and the driver could be distracted or not paying attention. I would probably be distracted if I was messing with bindings in the water.