Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    utskier            04-28-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
I was out in my buddies X-10 yesterday and noticed that it rode dirver-side heavy. We ended up having three people sit on the passenger side vs just the driver on the other side to balance out the wake. Is this something all X-10s or mastercrafts do and what causes it? I thought maybe the gas tank was on the drivers side, but I've only seen them in the middle, plus that doesn't make any sense to come from a old competition ski boat company. Any ideas?
Old    drewsky24            04-28-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Maybe he had the ballast filled on the right side and didn't notice it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Could have a lot to do with where the batterie(s) are, stereo equipment, where you store your gear. Get a few 50lb bags of lead to move around.
Old    utskier            04-28-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
The boat has all factory equipment with no add ons like exta stereo equipment. He just got about three weeks ago and hasn't had a chance to add anything. All the ballasts were completely full so they should be balanced. Should he contact the dealer to let them know and see what they think? Is it that big of a problem?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
could be a problem when you only have 3 people to go ride. does it do the same with no ballast in the boat?
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
you need more weight, there is no problem that more weight can't fix. Right -J-?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-28-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Move your cooler to the center
Old    utskier            04-28-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
We had 5 people, one boarding and 4 in the boat. 3 sitting on the passenger side and me driving. I don't know about w/o ballasts. He already had them filled when I met up with them, but I turned on the pumps to make sure they were full when I noticed the prob. I guess we should check it out with and w/o ballasts and at different speeds.
Old    utskier            04-28-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
I agree with more weight, my 89 bu kicks that boats ass in terms of wake with just his factory ballasts. He told me it only had 650# factory, is that true?
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
How much does the driver weigh? What did youhave in the back of the boat by the engine? Make sure all the weight in the boat is equal then see if you still have a problem.
Old    utskier            04-28-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
The weight was pretty equal when it was riding unbalanced. Driver side was me (185) and a girl(120). Passenger side was guy (200) and girl (110). It was pretty even as far as front to back as well. I guessing now that this is a problem specific to this boat becasue no one else has seen this. I guess we'll check it out further this weekend.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-28-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Take out all the gear and ballast and people and go for a drive. If it is still heavy on one side the dealer needs to address it for sure. That is a lot of dough to drop on a lop sided boat.