Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-19-2013, 4:20 PM Reply   
I currently ride a Ronix Koal Fish 5'6" board, I am 6'1" 200 lbs. I am beginning to get the point surfing where I would like to start attempting 360's. Is this board capable of this, or will I need to purchase a skim style board? It does have the removeable fins, I currently ride with two of them. If I need a skim style board, what would you surf gurus recommend? I would like something that is very buoyant, my Koal is super easy to stay in the wake... With me being 200 lbs, the last thing I want is to purchase a skim style board that struggles to stay in the wake.

Any help or info you can pass along is greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-19-2013, 4:24 PM Reply   
You're all set with the koal and the twin for 360s.

I've done 360s on my surf style board. Haven't ridden it out yet but manage to complete the spin a few times so I know it's me not the board.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       08-20-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
Anthony and Travis

We had a bit of luck riding the coal with a smaller "skim style" wave. It make it easier to rotate. Made it all the way around every time. When the wave got bigger..made it a bit tougher to rotate.. Pulled out the rear fin on our Ronix Coal too, makes it quite a bit looser.

I'm similar dimensions 5'11'' 200lbs. I ride the Ronix 5'0''

Last edited by Greeko; 08-20-2013 at 3:49 PM.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-20-2013, 8:38 PM Reply   
You can spin on the Koal.. I've done it a few times b4 I upgraded my boards... By far my Phase 5 Skim will spin till the fat lady sings.... And accelerate when you need it most..
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-21-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
You can spin on the Koal.. I've done it a few times b4 I upgraded my boards... By far my Phase 5 Skim will spin till the fat lady sings.... And accelerate when you need it most..
Charlie, how much do you weigh? Would the Phase 5 work for a 200lb'er?
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-21-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Charlie, how much do you weigh? Would the Phase 5 work for a 200lb'er?
For your size, a 54" (up to 210lbs.) 58" (up to 250lbs.) would work best in the Daniel Diamond Carbon board. I ride the P5 Danielo Pro Carbon and absolutely love the board.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-22-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   
You might look at Victoria Skim. I switched to Vic from a Phase 5 Pro Carbon. The board is made in CA and is more affordable than the P5. It is also crazy fast and spins easily. Either the Factor or Agent models.